Pokemon video game world championships.

I couldn't give a flying **** about that. I won't be arsed to hand breed, catch, etc. without any AR cutting down the time needed. If you enter, you'll be forced to sign a contract in which if/when your game is scanned for any type of cheating, modification, etc., they have the right to literally discard it without prior notification.

Even a measly quick hatch code can be tracked, so... yeah. Us AR users aren't going anywhere near the Championships. ... I'm not nearly good enough, anyways.

Also, I believe the tournament format is Doubles. ... Aren't I the only serious doubles battler on Wiichat?

I couldn't give a flying **** about that. I won't be arsed to hand breed, catch, etc. without any AR cutting down the time needed. If you enter, you'll be forced to sign a contract in which if/when your game is scanned for any type of cheating, modification, etc., they have the right to literally discard it without prior notification.

Even a measly quick hatch code can be tracked, so... yeah. Us AR users aren't going anywhere near the Championships. ... I'm not nearly good enough, anyways.

Also, I believe the tournament format is Doubles. ... Aren't I the only serious doubles battler on Wiichat?

Fuuck.
Fuccck...
Damnit...
Damnit...
That means I'm going to have to restart some things, and go, that is, if I can........since its in Nashville....
That's close enough to matter....

I'm going to need some help if I enter, and I'll need to start working on breeding now.
That and I guess I'll have to restart plat..... >.> ..... ...... sigh......

Last edited:
Actually, Strype, you're still doomed. If you reset your game, the hax is still trackable, I'm not sure how. Also, if you ever trade with someone who's AR'd, or trade with someone WHO traded with someone who AR'd (and so on infinitely), it gets passed onto you like some kind of virus. Unless you get an entirely new Platinum, as well as other new versions of games you'll need to access certain pokes, you're ****ed, really.

Yes, it's that much bullshit to deal with. Not worth it IMO.

Great idea! I'll enter the tournament using my flashcart which has about 40+ish games on it.

Yeah, not going to happen for me, nor do I care for things like that.

And I refuse to believe that if you trade someone a hacked Poke and start a new game, it's traceable. From me tinkering around with Pokesav., from the look of it, Pokemon are fairly independent from the game in a sense. I'm pretty sure a simple restart would remove traces of hacks on it, but if your positive than okay I guess. Doesn't matter to me still though, since I'm not a tournament person.

CK, the hack only carries on a save if that exact pokemon was affected by the hack. if that poke is legit on a hacked file but then is traded, its still legit.

haha yeah thats the same with me Wuddle :p.

strype you should try, it would be a great experience and imagine even if you got like 5th in the nationals, still pretty cool. CK I think you might be a tiny bit paranoid :p, what shadow said is what I was told aswell. Then again who knows, they would have the power to check a lot of these things?

I've read and talked about the tourny scene plenty of times, a few of my aquiantances have even been to tournies. I wouldn't lie about this thing. I suppose the trading with another hacker thing without the pokes/items being hacked might be a bit hazy, but it's what I was told. Everything else I'm very sure is legit.

Yeah well it is the 'world championships' (even though its only America and Europe) i guess they would want it to be 100% legit. Which would give the winner even more to brag about how they won under such stick conditions.

That, and I'm sure Nintendo's get unbelievable complaints if a hacker smacked people out of the competition with ease, even though they worked 10 times as hard.

In short, you need have respect for the champion for both being the best in the world, and for having the patience and time (and no life) to build such a team. You need to respect all legal players for that, really; tournament entrant or not.

I would be pretty angry if some 'russia fag or no-life-loser' stopped my run in a tournament if i was 100% legit.

In short, you need have respect for the champion for both being the best in the world, and for having the patience and time (and no life) to build such a team. You need to respect all legal players for that, really; tournament entrant or not.

Well said.

Its rather sad, the majority of the people that care about this game, love it, pratice it, know the absolute in, out, this, that, can rattle off formulas, meta games, we all use some form of hacking. Why? Well, I know I EASLY have logged about 600 (saved) hours on pearl.

Let me say that again 600 SAVED. From breeding for days and DAYS AND DAYS.....
My Venusaur, took 6 months of work, and is still legitimate. EVEN THOUGH I used a fast egg code, and fast egg hatch.

The only thing I did on my copy of plat is I maxed cash and heal/tms for sake of just optimizing quick....thats still traceable, even with a fresh game?
Im going to check the smogonites before I restart and even think about makeing plans to go.

The last big US tourmanent was won with a fairly simple elegent, and almost work free team, smeargles and bronzongs.....
I might just go scrub tacular and do that....
I was actualy planning on Choice scarf'd Smeargle Dark Void with a Wobbuffet lead...
Mean, yes. In normal play outlawed? yes. Breaking Sleep Clause, Yes.
But playing by nintendo rules.

It will be interesting too see what team the champ uses.

I didn't think you were a Doubles player, Strype? ... Do you have any Doubles experience? If not, you can count yourself out of the tourny, lol.

I have some doubles experance, but its not a format I really enjoy.

To me, doubles is a world of Ill synergy, and terrrible combos, and realy hard to cover your weaknesses.

Balls to the wall.
Do or Die.
Offence, or uber combo

Back