The Official Pokemon Event Thread

I ain't no moonspeaker...

I feel your pain. I'd love to have a magikarp like that. :(

But I'm an acolyte of 'Karp! The Eldest Fishing Guru of Vermillion City, the man behind the Magikarp! None can fathom my sorrow... For me, this is like gettin' the love of your life whisked away by some heinous (Japanese) villain, except ten times worse.

I dunno if this has been mentioned yet, but Meloetta is finally to be distributed in the US at Gamestop stores from March 4th-24th

Aye, ya preempted me. :lol: I only post an update once an event actually goes live.

An in-person Meloetta event is now active!

At long last, trainers in the states (EU Pokefans will have to wait a week or two, sorry dudes 'n dudettes) can access the final Pokemon to truly complete their National Dex. The details are as follows.

Meloetta, Level 50

OT: SPR2013
ID: 03013
Ability: Serene Grace
Hold Item: PP Max
Nature: Any

Moveset:

Round
Teeter Dance
Psychic
Close Combat

Though it doesn't get any exclusive moves, it does learn Close Combat 28 levels early. Perhaps this might be some sort'a boon to VGC competitors if it weren't banned, but... yeah, it's banned. Either way, even if it's not the most special of Meloetta, it's a 'Karp damn Meloetta. Fly, Surf, or ride a Bike on over to the nearest Gamestop t' pick up this lil' rarity to finally complete your Pokedex.

... 'Til XY comes out, anyways. :lol:

Will ya be announcing on here when it comes out int' UK or shall I just scour the internet for the info?

:D I will now just need an Arceus damned Arceus to complete my National Dex :D

Ahh, my apologies bro. I'm used t' the Pokeaudience of Wiichat bein' 99.9% stateside so I've always neglected t' include Eastern hemisphere dates. S'pose I'll need t' change that post-haste. :lol: I'll post a reminder 'bout it in the future, but t' answer your question now, Europe'l have the event active from March 22nd t' April 19th, available in the usual Pokevent-hosting stores like GAME.

... And now I just realized I forgot t' mention that the Meloetta event runs 'till March 24th in the US.

For anyone else in Australia, it's happening here right now too.

If I remember all the info correctly, go to EB games or Target between the 4th and the 24th of March to get Meloetta.

Last edited:
A new Wi-Fi event is now active!

Been awhile since the last event, ain't it? Obtainable in all English games, be it in the Americas or Europe, a Deoxys is now available on Wi-Fi for BW2 only. The details are as follows.

Deoxys, Lv. 100

OT: Plasma
ID: 05083
Ball: Dusk
Ability: Pressure
Hold Item: Life Orb

Moveset:

Nasty Plot
Dark Pulse

Recover
Psycho Boost

BY 'KARP'S BRINY BREATH DEOXYS WITH NASTY PLOT ASDFINGIKFTBREABGTOBABRG

... If you're an Ubers play, that should be your initial reaction t' Deoxys gettin' that move. When considerin' Deoxys-A hits like nothing else after a +2, Dark Pulse over Shadow Ball could also be considered a blessing in that the flinch chance will always more useful than lowering the opponent's Sp.D since Deoxys will already have overkill-levels of power. Though Deoxys isn't the most coveted of event Pokemon since it's become increasingly more available each generation after the 3rd, these exclusive moves make it quite the prize for competitive battlers and event collectors alike.

If you're wondering why the OT is Plasma, this Deoxys was released to coincide with a new TCG set.

Funfact: Serebii mixed up the ID 'n OT looooooooool.

Last edited:
Apparently the creation trio will soon be distributed in shiny form.

Troll Freak strikes again. I feel so betrayed... ;______;

A new in-person event is now active!

As seen in the vidya MR linked, a Shiny Dialga event (hosted by Gamestop as per usual) is now available, with the other two of the Creation Trio soon to follow in Shiny form. For now, here're Dialga's details.

Dialga, Lv. 100

OT: SUM2013
ID: 08193
Ball: Cherish
Ability: Pressure
Hold Item: None

Moveset:

Dragon Pulse
Draco Meteor
Roar Of Time
Aura Sphere

The moveset itself ain't special at all, so one should expect the same t' be true for the other two dragons. Ain't really a very valuable event since all it does is either look cool, or for those not savvy in Poketrading economy, lower the value of Shiny Dialga to them (blehhhhhhhhhhh event shinnies). The same applies for the other two. Fox's Shiny Dialga 'n Giratina are still the rarest of the rare, I tell ya... ¬_¬

For y'all overseas trainers, the event goes active August 30th and ends September 12th, so once again the Europeans get the short stick. =/ You'll find the event various stores, but most notably GAME.

Last edited:
Back