The Official Black & White 2 News Thread

We've got a decent amount of more news on the way, thanks to the official BW2 site.

Firstly, a ton of screenshots have been released. If ya want to see some spoilers (and some of these are big spoilers), here ya go. Don't bother with any of the pictures not added 15/06/12.

Next, the Fes Missions of each version are apparently different. Likewise, Join Avenue's shops will have different stock 'n inventory depending on the version. It's kinda strange to see that they're making notable version differences for once. :lol:

The Xtransceiver now has minigames of sorts, not that this is at all important to anyone without a 3DS. Or me.

During one of the trailers, you may of noticed this image popping up. In BW2, there're are now "medals" to collect, which are essentially trophies/achievements for various things you've accomplished. These accomplishments can be anythin'; the amount of battles you've done, specific tasks given to you by the NPCs who have these medals, catching certain 'mons, etc. There're over 200 medals to nab, so that's definitely an interesting new aspect.

Also, you will obtain ranks from the "Medal HQ" in Castelia (a new building, obviously) depending on how many challenges you've currently bested. This rank will appear on your trainer card, along with any single medal you've earned that ya want to display. More customization options on trainer cards is always cool, I'd say.

A potentially important aspect for competitive battling is that it's been revealed how the Kami Trios' DW ability are obtained for their Incarnation forms. When transforming any of the trio into said Incarnation forms if they were caught with the DR with the Reflection Mirror, they will then have their DW ability. That means as soon as the Reflection Mirror is released (it may very likely be a non-event item obtained in-game), so are the three's DW abilities.

Speaking of the DR, it's been confirmed that any Pokemon caught with it will have their DW ability. It'd be stupid if that weren't the case, certainly.

Quite a bit of stuff pertaining to Keldeo. Resolution form is confirmed to only be active when Keldeo knows Secret Sword. Delete the move, and it reverts. This means that unlike say, Rotom in Platinum, Keldeo will 99% most likely remain in it's form change over wi-fi.

A special C-Gear skin has been announced; BW gets the "Usual" form on the skin, while BW2 gets Resolution form. The only reason I'm mentioning this is because, as you can see by the Resolution form skin, BW2 has a new C-Gear model.

Resolution form's official Sugimori art has also been released, so here ya go. The poster for Keldeo's movie also gives ya a good look at Resolution form.

The details of the event Piplup have been further revealed. I'll make a thread 'bout it, not that it's anythin' too exciting.

Lastly, the Gym Leader roster has been confirmed as follows: Cheren, Homika, Shizui, Burgh, Elesa, Skyla, Clay, Drayden. While I'm not entirely sure if that's the specific order (not sure why you'd battle Skyla before Clay), that may be the case. Whether or not the leaders of Striaton and Nacrene will be battle-able at any point is unknown, nor do we know if they'l even appear in the game or not like how Brycen will be a part of Pokewood. Perhaps they'l take part in the World Tournament, perhaps they'l be an optional battle, perhaps not...

A day after I said there'd be only **** for news remaining to cover, I get this... :lol:

??? (Preferably something fast since the rest of my team is slow)

Pfft, speed being important in-game?

I ain't got a clue what my first team for BW2 will be, but I'm sure as **** Lucario and an Eeveelution will make their way into it. I'll have to use Emboar as well, since I've yet to use it once in BW1.

My pre-release coverage of BW2 (read: unnecessarily lengthy restatement of everything serebii posts) is officially ending here, as spoilers I want no part of are abound and aplenty in serebii's BW2 news 'n such. Thus, if ya want to keep track of all the spoiler-happy junk, just check in on serebii.net daily.

While I stated I wouldn't be covering anythin' BW2 related from then on, I caught wind of the base stat changes for BW2 alternate forms by overhearing some Pokemon Online players... Have a look.

EDIT: Why the hell doesn't tab work on Wiichat... ._.

...................................... HP__ATK__DEF__SPE__SP.A_SP.D
Tornadus ......................... 79___105__80___121__110__90
Thundurus ....................... 79 __.105__70___101__145__80
Landorus ......................... 89___145__90___.91___105_.80
Resolution Form Keldeo ....... 91___.72__.90___108__129_.90
Black Kyurem .................... 125 _.170_.100__.95___120_.90
White Kyurem ................... 125__120__90___.95___170_.100

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD BW KYUREM'S OFFENSIVE STATS

... As for the actual base stat changes, lemme go over that.

Tornadus loses 15 Atk and 15 Sp.A. In return, it gains 10 Def, 10 Sp.D, and 10 Spe. It didn't really get much bulkier... But that extra speed is still notable. A somewhat bulky tank that is naturally fast and has Regenerator? It might have some niche uses. Particularly walling Fighting types if those extra defenses allow it to take Stone Edges well enough.

Thundurus loses 10 Atk, which definitely hurts Hammer Arm's usability, as well as 10 Spe which is definitely not a good thing. However, that 20 base stat lost goes directly into his Sp.A, which makes 'em hit even more like a truck. I can see it having very much use in Ubers on a Scarf set, where all that speed might not be necessary. It might now have the strongest Thunder in the game, making it even scarier with the abundance of rain in Ubers.

Landorus loses 10 Sp.A which is unfortunate if it rocks Hidden Power, as well as 10 Spe. As a polar opposite to Thundurus, it's Atk gets those 20 points, making it's Earthquakes reaching Groudon-levels of destruction. The two Ground types ironically have the same base Spe, so Landorus will be the Drought-less Groudon of OU, no doubt. Walls beware this behemoth's STAB CB EQ.

Resolution form's stats aren't any different from Keldeo's Usual form... Which is disappointing and somewhat stupid. That certainly confirms that Keldeo-R won't be the Shaymin-S of BW2.

BW Kyurem's stats do nothing but increase, bar the offensive stat they aren't specializing in losing a laughable 10. Black Kyurem's Def increases by 10, and it's Attack increases by a monstrous 40... White Kyurem's Sp.D increases by 10, and it's Sp.A increases by 40. Kyurem's BST went from 660, 20 below the normal 680, to 700; intentionally 20 more than the usual 680 BST of Uber-caliber legendaries.

Aside from that, my prediction is that this huge increase in BST is what may put Kyurem into Ubers. 170 base stat STAB Blizzards are not gonna to be tolerated in any tier, whether or not a Pokemon with Snow Warning is available for use or not. While BW Kyurem are slightly less bulky than Reshiram and Zekrom in both defensive stats, it still has more HP. It hits EVEN harder, and has 5 more Spe just to troll the Tao duo.

Not to mention Specs Draco Meteors coming off of 170 Sp.A is just too much. What the hell can wall that, besides Blissey (whom could eat a STAB Outrage anyways)? Not any Steel type I know of. If this thing is allowed outside of Ubers, it'l be DPP OU all over again.

Competitive thoughts on these interesting base stat changes (... bar Keldeo lol)?

Last edited:
Back