Official Pokemon Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

Why do you like never come on here?

Funny youd be Nuzlocking Colosseum CK, since you hate it for some stupid reason. Im actually still on my challenge: or, my 3rd one. Yeah, my actual 3rd try.

In Pyrite now, with a Espeon, Umreon, Bayleaf, and Magcargo. Might update soon.

Macargo... ? LOL. Have fun against the Admin with Entei. :lol:

I would want to Nuzlocke Colosseum because it'd be a fresh take on the game, and truly a challenge, IMO. I'm sure I'll be throwing my wii out the window by the time I beat the Admin I mentioned above, but... yeah.

On that note, I personally think that Admin is the hardest of them; if you're trying to catch Entei. At that point in the game, you don't really have anything that doesn't die to Fire, Rock, and Ground all at once, all the while killing everything but Entei on his team, and then trying to catch it as it Fire Blasts you to hell. ... Yep. Good times. DX

Entei isn't even any good, either... Damn GSC legends being so rare when Colosseum came out! DX

Yeah, those admins are going to be incredibly hard. If Ive lost to them in the easier XD....dear god. Oh well, guess Ill just grind.

I think Ill just stick with my rule of only catching one Pokemon an area. And by area, I mean whatever appears as a unique location on Bulbapedia. ie: Pyrite Town and Mirror. Bs Hideout count as different areas.
On that note, I personally think that Admin is the hardest of them; if you're trying to catch Entei. At that point in the game, you don't really have anything that doesn't die to Fire, Rock, and Ground all at once, all the while killing everything but Entei on his team, and then trying to catch it as it Fire Blasts you to hell. ... Yep. Good times. DX

Mantine and Quagsire? I think they would do great together....

Rock > Mantine, Nick. =P

Well, I started off my Colosseum run earlier. It really only took 15 minutes a piece to get my two main pokes from the start to have good IVs and a good nature.

My original plan was to scrap Umbreon; he's switch fodder and eventually KO fodder later on, and abuse Espeon's epic sweeper capabilities. Looking over the list of shadow pokes to catch, though... Nothing was impressive at all, bar Suicune, Raikou, and Metagross (TTar doesn't count, since he's the last offensive shadow poke during the final boss =P). Raikou comes too late, 'Gross even later, and it'd be a pain to waste EXP on a second pokemon until I can catch Suicune, so I scrapped all 3 of the best pokes to use.

So, I researched a bit; what covers Espeon well, but doesn't suck? The answers was perfect, actually; Feraligater. Brick Break and Earthquake felled anything that got in Espeon's sweeping way, and Feraligater is a good all-around poke, so Croconaw was my target of choice. So yeah, current team: Espeon and Croconaw.

Once I entered Pyrite, I was going to grind against the trainers in Duel Square, but as you all should know, I don't encourage grinding, so I ran laps around Pyrite so I could get Croconaw's shadow meter down, and let it Hyper Mode the **** out of everything with crits. Destroyed Pyrite's Colosseum, barrel(roll)ed through Mirror B.'s henchman, and ended up with a lv. 38 Espeon and 99.9% critical hitting Croconaw. Admin battle one! :D

As everyone should know since the game came out so many years ago, Mirror B. loves his ludicolo, so although I didn't intend on it, Croconaw's water resist meant it wouldn't die horribly to double STAB water attacks (and I was intending to use Quilava as always at first... Oh the horror). So Croconaw's finishing everything Espeon Psybeams, while both of them are racking up damage the entire fight steadily. One KO a turn, epic.

Croconaw dodged the first Razor Leaf, but he was suffering once he got smashed with another two, and with Mirror B. down to 3 pokes, I was in a tough decision. I didn't want Espeon getting gangbanged by Sudowoodo's high attack, so I changed killing one of the Ludicolo as the other Rain Danced; it payed off greatly. With B.'s last two pokes on the field, I felt happy to switch Croconaw to Umbreon, and let the two of them 2HKO their remanining prey. Much more easy than I remembered, heh.

Off to Agate Village, purify Croconaw (evolved into Feraligater, lv. 41! :D), and after the Cipher skirmish at the Relic Forest, we get an e-mail to send us off to Mt. Battle to go find Dakim. And off we go to "can't load disk screen"!

"... Wait what?" Is what I first thought. Colosseum can't load Mt. Battle. And thus ends my Colosseum run... In the least glorious way to not even fail. .-.; If anyone somehow knows of some sequence breaks to COMPLETELY avoid Mt. Battle the rest of the game, do tell. Otherwise... Ah well. :lol: I was sure I'd demolish Dakim with Espeon's rediculous Sp. Atk and Feraligater's Surf (I could rain dance if I wanted to be ballsy, too), but I wasn't even given the chance, lol.

Crap, lost my Colosseum somewhere. LIKE CK SHOULD, Ill rent/buy a used copy as soon as possible (Can you still rent GC games?)

Yeah, my XD has trouble reading its disk as well. Beat everything but the final boss.

Shall continue my challenge when I acquire another disc!

Crap, lost my Colosseum somewhere. LIKE CK SHOULD, Ill rent/buy a used copy as soon as possible (Can you still rent GC games?)

I has no money? =(

No idea where to rent any games anymore, either. The last place I knew of was a Hollywood video that was roughly 60 miles from here, and it was knocked down anyways (yeah, wouldn't go there even if it was still there...).

And as if I'd buy a second copy of Colosseum. :lol:

I wonder if my choice to get a Magcargo was wise....Its typing blows, and its stats are only average. Although, it can learn Reflect and Light Screen, and has some decent attacking power.

Id be working on a HG Nuzlocke right now if I could figure out how to get a DS emulator. Gah, Ill just try to buy one really cheap on E-bay or Amazon. Same with Colosseum.

As I said, Macargo won't exactly be helping you by robbing EXP and then dieing, Nick. =P Reflect won't stop it from getting curb stomped by a STAB EQ, lol.

Now, HG is a game I'd be willing to buy; if I didn't already have a copy. :lol:

I havn't been able to get the most common DS emulator working either; no$gba. I tried a few others, but they failed miserably on my old PC due to a terribly low quality video card. A few might work on this PC, but I'd only use it for a few games like the newest Fire Emblem (sequel to Shadow Dragon, and Japan-exclusive... the asshats :( ), or Chrono Trigger. When I run out of games to play, I just might pursue Chrono Trigger and a DS emulator, 'less Chrono Trigger costs next to nothing now.

Well, I got me a new copy of Pokemon Colosseum.

I decided to box Slugma and just keep it there as backup. I love the guy, but I cant keep fooling around. This is serious business....

Infiltrated Ciphers hideout in Pyrite, and stormed though the damn place with Umbreon, Espeon, and Bayleaf. I snag some chicks Mantine to use as a special wall. After that, I look for Mirror B in the cave. I captured a few shadow Pokemon in there too, Im still figuring out which one to use.

After a while, I finally locate the guy. Mantine, Espeon, and Umbreon worked together great, although I had to keep switching them out due to Leech Seed. I just kept confusing his Ludicolo and nailing them with attacks. When he sent out his Shadow Sudowoodo, I assumed that Mantines Bubblebeam in the middle of Rain Dance would OHKO it.....I was wrong. It counters back with Rock Slide, which nearly KOs Mantine. Luckily, it was weak enough to catch with just one Ultra Ball.

Continued later...

Update! Sorry bout the double post....

After kicking Mirror B out of Pyrite Town, I now have to investigate Agate Village. I knock out all the Cipher goons, and watch Eaguns Pikachu die to some guys Hitmontop rather pathetically. I take on the guy himself...and snag that Hitmontop. Why? Good Defenses, good attack, good offensive type, and Intimidate.....in other words, its awesome!

After purifying Mantine and Bayleef (Nicknamed Zeplin and Stega), I head off to Mt. Battle. I sweep though with Umbreon, Espeon, Hitmontop, Meganium, and Mantine (Tidal, Gamma, Dradial), although I did run into some trouble with exploding Geodudes.

Dakim was a complete joke...or at least, he should have been. I send Mantine and Hitmontop to the front lines to take on his Golem and Metang. Bubblebeam OHKOs Golem, but his Metand hits Hitmontop with a Crit Psychic!....lucky, the spinning little guy survives the blow, and I heal him with a Hyper Potion. Whew, safe now....no! Another f-cking critical!.....whew, still alive....No! Not Mud Shot!

....that...piece of ****....took out my awesome Hitmontop......oh, its on now b-tch. Mantine and Meganium kill off the rest of his team besides Entei. I lower it into red health, but no matter how many balls I lob, I cant catch it....Oh well. Guess Ill just kill it.

.....I miss my Hitmontop......:frown5:

Last edited:
lol lol triple post. As you can tell, Ive been playing a lot lately.

With Dakim down, I head back to the old-people village. The Time Flute purifies the hearts of all Pokemon in your party, right?....well, thinking that, I save it for future Shadow Pokemon.

I check out that random lab in the middle of the desert and get a call from that police dude. I get a key from the Cipher chicks belt, and after stocking up on some items, I head down to the under....BTW, you know that Taillow that roller-skating kid had? That things frikkin deadly with Endevour.....

After teaching Meganium Light Screen and Reflect, I give Nett his techno...thingy. I beat down those two Cipher chicks, and wander around for like 15 minutes before I realized that I have to talk to the imprisoned kid. He gives me some key for the UFO (Unidentified Flying Object? So no one knows what the hell is is? Even the builders of it?)

Well look, its a TV room. Or whatever the hell you call it....I was actually quite shocked to see Venus standing right there. Obviously I go and talk to her, not expecting to get into a battle right then.....so she caught me completely unprepared. Great. I send out Umbreon and Espeon against her Vileplume and Delcatty. Ignoring the seemingly weak Delcatty, I go all out against the Vileplume and knock it out in one turn. But this Delcatty is stronger then it looks! It confused my Espeon with Attract, which isnt good at all. When she sent out her Bannette, I traded out Espeon for Meganium. Delcatty tried Double-Edge, and I was shocked to see that it took out nearly half Meganiums health! Umbreon finished off the Bannette while Meganium set up Screens.

With Bannette knocked-out, Venus sent out her tough-looking Steelix. Humorously, the thing took out its partner Delcatty with its Earthequake attack! Next was her Shadow Suicune. I swap out Umbreon for Mantine, due to it being immune to Earthquake and resistant to Suicunes attacks. I confused the Suicune so it wont be as threatening, while Meganium and....Steelix wore down on its health. I tried to catch it, but Steelix knocked it out before I could....damn. Whatever, I knocked out Steeliz and won the fight.

Lookie here, another update. Ive been handing these things out like candy lately....never mind the quadruple post.

(CK, hurry up and get back here. Youre the only person who ever replies to my updates.)

After being beaten, Venus makes a run for it. I chased her down fleets of stairs, and come across a trainer with a Shadow Gligar. I snaged it, planning to purify it later. On the way down into the....sewer, I encountered a lady who uses Swagger a lot, and had a bunch of physical attacking Pokemon. None of my other Pokemon were in good health, so it was up to Umbeon and Mantine. Mantine took a huge beating, I was honestly amazed that it didnt die. What a trooper!

Venus flees out of some subway train, and I completely missed the key she dropped for it. I wandered around for like 20 minutes before I found it.....damn. Anyways, the subway took me to the Shadow Pokemon lab, but the grunts there used a bomb to keep me out....and left behind a key for the main entrance. Idiots.

After stocking up on more items and purifying Gligar (Sting) I headed off. The trainers in the lab used many Electric type Pokemon, which sucks because I dont have any Ground moves (Yet. An Earthquake TM is supposed to be in the area, so I can teach it to my Gligar). What was worse is that Magnemite and its evolutions were common, and not counting Mantines Bubblebeam/Water Pulse, there was nothing I had that it didnt resist. Even worse then that was the abundance of the very-hard hitting Thunder. Meganium was definitely my most useful Mon in there; not only was he resistant to electricity, but he could set up Screens!

Eventually I snagged a Shadow Granbull from a Cipher Peon. I wanted Granbull (Overfang) because it had Intimidate, a very good movepool, and hits hard. Unfortunately, its very slow. Oh well.

Immediately after the alarm was set off, I got into a fight with some chick who owns a Shadow Vibrava and a Kecleon. At some point during the battle, her Kecleon nailed my Meganium with Aerial Ace....a critical one! No, my star Screen setter-upper was down! Who could ever replace it!?

Magcargo?....no, its typing blows. Altaria?....damn, it cant use screens. Ledian? No, its Defense stat is horrible. Medicham? Wait, its Defenses are too low....I miss mah Meganium....

I havnt updated in a while.....and yeah, 5th post in a row. Sorry.

I decided to let Altaria (Stratus) be Meganiums replacement, even though it lacks the ability to use Screens. Espeon can use Screens, which kinda makes up for that. Sucks how low is Physical Defense is...oh well.

So, I finally encountered Ein. The fight came as a surprise to me, which sucked because I wanted to teach Altaria new moves for it (SolarBeam, Sunny Day, and maybe something else). Luckily, I just happened to have Espeon and Altaria out front, which is what I wanted to start with. First, I had Espeon set up a Reflect for Golbats Wing Attack. Altaria knocked out half Huntails health with Dragonbreath, while it set up Rain Dance. Even with Huntail having Swift Swim, Espeon was still able to outrun it and hit it with Psybeam....although it somehow survived. Both Golbat and Huntail attempted to confuse my Espeon, so I used one of my two Full Heals on it. Altaria knocked out Huntail and Ein sent out his dangerous Lanturn, who had a powerful HydroPump and Thunder. Altaria put Lanturn to sleep while I healed Espeon from confusion again.....and of course, Eins Golbat proceeds to confuse it yet again....damn. I switch Espeon out for Umbeon while Golbat confuses my Altaria, which hurts itself.
Umbreon confused Lanturn in its sleep while Altaria attacked Golbat with DragonBreath. Umbreon then confused Golbat. My Light Screen wore off, and Lanturn woke up. I switched one of them out for Espeon and quickly set up another Light Screen.
I honestly forget what happens after this point. Eventually I knocked out the Golbat with Umbreon and Altaria, and Ein sent out his own Altaria. It knew Ice Beam, so I swapped my Altaria out for Mantine. Umbreon confused his Altaria. I finally knocked out his Golbat, and Ein sent out his Raiku. His Altaria was merely spamming Fly, so I found it safe to switch Mantine with Gligar. Raikus Thunder fails to affect Gligar, and Altaria uses Fly like I predicted. I had Gligar attack Altaria with a Slash attack, assuming that it would knock it out....I was wrong. Altaria snapped out of Confusion and killed Gligar with Ice Beam! No, not Gligar! She didnt even get to learn Earthquake! Curse you Altaria!

....the fight ended with Espeon delivering the final blow to Raiku. I still missed my Gligar....

ohai dead thread

Rules updated (LOLWUT?) for the first time in forever.

Back