Official Pokemon Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

I'm doing a Platinum nuzlocke right now. I've had three casualties, two of which were inconsequential: a Bidoof and a Machop, used as death fodder. However, Raz the Monferno died at level 16 when I was carelessly grinding and a wild Starly got a critical hit with Wing Attack :( Since then, I've been very, very careful and haven't had any deaths since.

I just beat Byron in Canalave and I'm currently grinding my team in Iron Island. I'm overleveled, so I dunno exactly how high I'm gonna grind, but you can never be too careful in nuzlockes.

My team (in order of capture):
Montoya the Staraptor: Timid, Lv 48, Intimidate
Level 2 on Route 201
Aerial Ace
Close Combat
Fly
Return
A very reliable teammate. Beat Gardenia without taking a hit, then tanked a Galactic S****ank's critical Night Slash and won with an Aerial Ace. Since then, he's been a reliable speedster who can hit thanks to Intimidate and a high defense stat, and still manage to strike back handily.

Roy the Luxray: Calm, Lv 47, Rivalry
Level 5 on Route 202
Spark
Strength
Crunch
Thunder Fang
Another reliable teammate who's been with me since the beginning. His only notable achievement, though, would be sweeping the Pastoria gym. He has a very high attack stat and passable defenses, and electric is a sound offensive type.

Ramona the Golduck: Quirky, Lv 48, Damp
Level 5 in Ravaged Path
Surf
Psychic
Ice Beam
Disable
Decent stats and the best all-around defender on the team. Few weaknesses and a nice moveset mean that she'll stay with me to the end, hopefully.

Corey the Medicham, Lv 50, Pure Power
Level 14 on Route 211
Force Palm
Thunderpunch
Ice Punch
Fire Punch
Pure Power. Elemental punches. MVP? I think so.

Laika the Shiny Gliscor, Modest, Lv 49, Hyper Cutter
Level 18 on Route 206
X-Scissor
Dig
Aerial Ace
Ice Fang
I really really wanted a Gligar, but my first encounter on Route 206 was a Geodude... but then HOLY **** A SHINY GLIGAR! Hastily deciding to activate the Shiny Clause, I captured it and made it part of my team. I would prefer a different nature, but what can you do? She's still a total tank. Though she may not be as offensively tough as the others, she is my de-facto switchin when faced with physical threats. She's one of the most valuable teammates and I hope to keep her through to the end. Her electric immunity is also WONDERFUL.

Raz the Espeon, Bold, Lv 47, Synchronize
Level 20 in Hearthome City. Named in memory of Raz the Monferno.
Psybeam
Grass Knot
Swift
Future Sight
He is second only to Corey in offensive prowess, and he is the best special tank on the team. I have to be careful around physical pokemon, though, because he's quite frail in that regard. Nonetheless, he ends battles quickly and decisively.

The Nuzlocke thread gets revived, leaving to think... "lol what n00b did it this time?". Lo and behold, it's mother****in' WMBQ. Doth thy eyes deceiveth thine mind?! o_0

Awesome find with that shiny Gligar. I just realized the rule on shinnies isn't actually listed in the OP, so I think I'll go ahead 'n remedy that...

Also, for those who recall me claiming to be doin' one Challenge playthrough for every generation, I might be doin' a Nuzlocke instead of a combined challenge on Emerald... Or perhaps a combined Nuzlocke Challenge. Haven't decided yet.

Do a combined nuzlocke challenge. That would go down in history. DOOOOO ITTTTTTT

Then we can compare nuzlocke adventures!! I'm thinking of doing a Sapphire run when I'm done with Platinum; it depends how much time I have. It IS summer, though, so it's looking up :D

i already did one and now im doin' another with a rhyhorn level grinding sucks uuuugggghhhh...

Speakin' of, seein' ya post I now regret not naming my Rhyhorn after ya. :lol:

You're back? o.o
[video=youtube;ndOpdTOHLPs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndOpdTOHLPs[/video]

Hahahahaha aww <3 How've you been, bro?

Yeah I'll probably be bumming around for a few days/weeks :D I can't -- and don't -- promise that my return to activity is permanent, but I'll be around :)

DAYUM the first thing I do upon my return is... spam.

So I guess I'll talk about nuzlocke for a bit?? I beat Candice, but I didn't grind at all between gyms and her Froslass proved troublesome. It got a Blizzard on my Luxray which would have OHKOed it had it been critical. Scary stuff! Now I'm grinding my team up to level 53 and then heading to Veilstone.

We need some form of a Fishing guru challenge.

Whoopsie. Wrong thread. Please move to challenge thread.

Last edited:
Gotcha.

I don't know how t' move individual posts.

What hath though said about beautifly? Also sign me up for soul silver nuzlocke

I'll rng for starter

1-33 Totodile
34-66 Cydaquil
67-99 Chickorita

Result:89

images

[STRIKE]Ya should make that a Nuzlocke Challenge.[/STRIKE]

Kagabean is the worst starter for a Nuzlocke, on any game... you have fun with that. :lol:

[STRIKE]Ya should make that a Nuzlocke Challenge.[/STRIKE]

Kagabean is the worst starter for a Nuzlocke, on any game... you have fun with that. :lol:

You know Chickorita is my favorite starter of all time...
nonetheless i do know the gyms are stacked against her.

Nuzlocke runs are great, a common rule I incorperate is no repels or Poke centers. It make poke'dollars actually mean something, like money does in real life.

Back