The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread

I don't know anything about XD so yeah...

Anyway, I googled what's possible to get, I'll give you Hitmonlee and Hypno

Ah... Hitmonlee is caught quite a bit into the final dungeon... Hypno's caught just before the final dungeon, but I can work with that... Would Hitmonlee break the "no useless pokemon" clause?

Take all 3. I'm sure 'Karp won't mind seeing as it seems like I'm the only one here right now. I'll give you 2 more in a couple of days if no one else does

Ah, just so you know... Your starter in this game is an Eevee. So, uh, I wouldn't mind an Eeveelution. (hint, hint)

Yes, you are given your choice of a Thunder/Water/Fire Stone or a Sun/Moon Shard soon after starting the game.

...Scramble Challenge, Pokemon XD.

Well if you ain't a familiar face, howdy there Fool. Challenge accepted. I'll give ya [STRIKE]Bonsly[/STRIKE] Trapinch and Jolteon. I've no idea how difficult it'l be t' encounter a Trapinch as I ain't got a clue how long it takes for a 'mon t' show up at Poke Spots. If ya find it to be a ridiculous annoyance, change it at any time t' Gligar.

Hope ya enjoy your Challenge.

Well if you ain't a familiar face, howdy there Fool. Challenge accepted. I'll give ya [STRIKE]Bonsly[/STRIKE] Trapinch and Jolteon. I've no idea how difficult it'l be t' encounter a Trapinch as I ain't got a clue how long it takes for a 'mon t' show up at Poke Spots. If ya find it to be a ridiculous annoyance, change it at any time t' Gligar.

Hope ya enjoy your Challenge.

It's good to be back. Thanks for the Pokemon, Jolteon's my second favorite Eeveelution (Besides Glaceon), and Flygon's my favorite Ground-Type. Pokemon appear at Pokespots surprisingly quick (sometimes annoyingly so) if you just run around in circles for a few minutes. That won't be much of a problem.

Now to patiently await my last Pokemon.

My Team So Far:
Jolteon
Flygon/Gligar
Hypno
Houndoom
Sharpedo
-----------

Last edited:
FINAL X SINGLE SCRAMBLE MOVESET UNEVOLVED UPDATE

Now that I was finally in Victory Road and on the last leg of my journey with Anorith, I had high hopes for what was to come as Anorith had become quite strong throughout the challenge, only to lose to the second trainer there... So not wanting to have to deal with their Steelix, I went around them, using Lucario to smash the rocks in the way.
Nothing else interesting happened in VR until the battle with Serena. She led with Meowstic who was OHKOed by Fury Cutter. Delphox was next getting completely destoyed by another Fury Cutter that managed to crit. She brought out her Altaria, which was pretty annoying, along with Jolteon. Fury Cutter missed, wrecking my chance of sweeping with it :(. Altaria hit back with Dragon Pulse, doing very little damage due to the Eviolite on Anorith. I decided to switch up moves and use Rock Slide in hopes that it would make quick work of Altaria... but it missed (BTW missing both those moves in a row has a 0.5% chance -_-). Altaria used another Dragon Pulse. The next Rock Slide hit, finally taking Altaria out. Jolteon came out next and, due to Fury Cutter being back down to 40 BP, it didn't OHKO, which would've been alright if Jolteon's Discharge didn't Paralyse Anorith while also doing enough to force me into using a Full Restore (does that reset Fury Cutter?) while taking another Discharge. Luckily this one didn't paralyse, allowing me to beat Jolteon in the next turn with yet another Fury Cutter, getting Anorith enough exp to get to Lv. 83. Absol was no problem and lost quickly to a STAB super-effective Fury Cutter.
Nothing else special happened though the group of Veterans did pose a slight problem, making me think I may have a bit of a problem against the Elite 4.
Speaking of the E4, they were next on my list of things to do.

I decided to start with Malva, thinking she'd be easier to deal with than the others with STAB Rock Slide. I was right. I started with Hone Claws simply for the accuracy boost then swept with Rock Slide.

Drasna was next easiest so I went to her next, again starting with Hone Claws to boost my accuracy, not wanting Fury Cutter to miss. Her Dragalge used Surf, which did around 30%, making me confident in surviving another one, maybe two if needed. As expected, Fury Cutter didn't OHKO so Anorith took another Surf. I decided to risk it and went for another Fury Cutter, knowing that 2 more would KO, hoping to be able to get through the battle without healing. Luck was in my favour and I got a crit with Fury Cutter, taking out the Dragalge and making the rest of the battle easy, only having to use Fury Cutter now that its power was high enough to OHKO everything.

It was here that I realised that Wikstrom may be the most difficult of the E4 for Anorith, not Siebold. But I attempted to beat him anyway.
I immediately regretted that decision as soon as his Klefki made its first move. Torment. It was that move that made me realise I'd already lost considering my plan for this battle was to set up a few Hone Claws, this time for the attack boost, and then just spam Fury Cutter until I won. Obviously that strategy wouldn't work (thanks Klefki), so I had to improvise, alternating between moves in a futile attempt to win. I did manage to KO the Klefki, but not his Scizor :(

So I tried again. Malva and Drasna went pretty much the same way. Nothing different worth mentioning.
The main change is that I decided to battle Siebold next, not Wikstrom.

Against Siebold I figured that a Hone Claws was kinda necessary to ensure that Anorith did enough damage and also to make sure that none of my moves missed. As I used Hone Claws, Clawitzer used Water Pulse, not doing as much as I expected it to do (probably has something to do with the Eviolite), and a Rock Slide in the next turn took it out. Barbaracle was the next in so I decided to use Knock Off, not wanting to have to deal with the "not very effiective" message. Barbaracle obviously didn't like that and hit back with a Stone Edge, almost KOing Anorith but instead leaving him on 3HP. I decided to take a risk and not heal Anorith even though he was at such low health. In the next turn I got revenge on the Barbaricle by taking it out with another Knock Off. Starmie and Gyarados were both pretty easy, getting OHKOed by Knock Off and Rock Slide, respectively.

Hoping that it would turn out differently to the last time, I moved on to Wikstrom. When I saw that Klefki didn't move first, I was hopeful that thing would turn out differently since it didn't use Torment on turn 1. I got 2 Hone Claws up before needing to heal from Klefki's Flash Cannons. I used another Hone Claws, knowing that Anorith would struggle to KO without the boosts, before having to heal again. Then Klefki used the dreaded Torment. I figured Fury Cutter would be kinda useless since I wouldn't be able to use it twice in a row, let alone power it up to max and sweep with it, so instead I alternated between Knock Off and Rock Slide. After one of each, Klefki was out of the way, but the damage was already done. Anorith had taken ~40% and 2 out of my limit of 3 healing items had been used. Luckily a +3 Knock Off was sufficient to take out Scizor in one hit. I used Rock Slide against his Probopass, which, surprisingly, almost OHKOed. But it didn't, so Anorith took another Flash Cannon to the face. Since Probopass only had a tiny bit of health left, I decided to go for Fury Cutter, wanting to save Knock Off against the Aegislash that I knew was coming out next. However, I failed to remember that the E4 members have Full Restores that they can use. So I was forced to use Knock Off to take out Probopass, not wanting to risk Rock Slide not KOing as that would mean me having to go through the E4 again. I had to use my 3rd healing item against the Aegislash because I didn't want to risk not OHKOing it in Shield Forme. Iron Head did more than 50%, meaning that I needed to KO in this turn or I would lose the battle again. Of course, Aegislash didn't stand a chance against a +3, STAB Rock Slide, even if it wasn't very effective, while it was in Blade Forme.

So finally, all of the members of the Elite 4 were beaten, leaving only Diantha (and AZ) to beat in order to complete this challenge.

Going in to the battle with Diantha, Anorith was almost at Lv. 95 :lol:
As usual, I set up 1 Hone Claws. I was going to do more, but her Hawlucha used Swords Dance, scaring me out of going for another one. A single Rock Slide was all that was needed to beat it though. She brought out her Tyrantrum and I set up another Hone Claws, wanting to be absolutely certain that Anorith would be able to OHKO everything. That was very nearly a terrible idea as Tyrantrum's Head Smash got so close to OHKOing Anorith, but now that Anorith was at +2, it was time to sweep. Knock Off KOed Tyrantrum, And Fury Cutter dealt with Goodra, Aurorus, Gourgeist and Mega Gardevoir.

I find the battle against AZ very anti-climactic. This challenge wasn't any different. Anorith OHKOed everything without even having to use Hone Claws. Rock Slide angainst Torkoal, Knock Off against Golurk and another Rock Slide against Sigilyph.

Anorith Lv.96 @Eviolite
Adamant
Battle Armour
- Rock Slide
- Fury Cutter
- Knock Off
- Hone Claws
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Final stats:
HP: 188
Atk: 236
Def: 112
SpA: 77
SpD: 108
Spe: 177

Not sure why it's adding in an extra [ /spoiler][ spoiler] but whatever

Fool I'll give you Pidgeot

Last edited:
Nearly level 100... wow. A hard-earned Challenge complete, no doubt. Well done Jordan, welcome t' the Hall of Fame once more. The Challenge may of literally been impossible if it was No Item, which really says somefin.

Thanks for the Pokemon, Jolteon's my second favorite Eeveelution (Besides Glaceon)

Excellent taste in Eeveelutions. Glaceon's my own personal favorite. ♪

Do you want to give the last 'mon 'Karp? I've given 3 already

woops i forgot

sorry fool >_>;

Nearly level 100... wow. A hard-earned Challenge complete, no doubt. Well done Jordan, welcome t' the Hall of Fame once more. The Challenge may of literally been impossible if it was No Item, which really says somefin.
I'm pretty sure it was impossible as No Item. Anorith was holding the Eviolite as soon as I dropped the No Item rule and still almost got OHKOed several times. Without the Eviolite I wouldn't have made it past the E4. If I was even lucky enough to get that far!

For my Harmonia/Nuzlocke on Omega Ruby can I test out the rule of keeping one pokemon from the previous team? I remember us talking about that rule but I don't think we ever decided anything

Last edited:
Back