The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread - Black/White Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I give you Gothitelle (Crustle if you don't have any black version) and Flygon

Sorry for not seeing your request :(

Pokemon Diamond Solo Challenge #3, Trapinch
I'm sure you forgot but I paused this challenge a while ago after getting my second badge and defeating Team Galaktik. Trapinch was level 28 after that.
I leveled my Trapinch to level 31 on my to Hearthome city, where I failed the battle against my rival against his Roselia (didn't think he already has it :/ ) Since there was no way of training (he blocks all exists to the city) and there wasn't much space for tactics, I had to hope that he will do something stupid. This time he attacked with Poison Sting and then missed with Leech Seed instead of using Mega Drain, so I took Roselia out pretty easily and his other Pokemon couldn't do much against Trapinch. I won the fight with Trapinch only having 5 hp though.

Update to next badge with stats will come soon

Last edited:
T'is the risk of Single Challenges with Pokes that take awhile t' evolve. The longer it takes to evolve, the worse your odds are of encounterin' an unavoidable battle impossible t' win without some real luck. Even if it is one'a the easy base Challenges, it still pays t' be careful.

It's more than the late evolution :/ After it evolved I finally have another attack type than dark, but Dragon Breath is special and only has 60 strenght :(

Yep, IMO Trapinch is a relatively low-rankin' 'mon for in-game tier lists. It's Attack is overkill early on, but by mid-game it becomes somewhat underwhelming... mainly 'cause of it's other awful stats and sub-par movepool (unless ya breed EQ onto it). Vibrava's only strength is it's typing since it's Attack actually decreases, and while Flygon is decent, it isn't all-that great since Trapinch 'n Flygon have the same base Attack (Game Freak really ****ed up on that one). 'Specially since a level 45 evolution is quite late. Not too late for a Single Challenge, but still problematically so.

I just chose it cause it looks cool and ignored the rest :D More of a challenge now. Should become better with some TM's though

Honchbrow, Bromastar, Seisembro, Spiritbrome, Flybron, and Crustle. Can you get me the eggs, please?

Can do... uh, bro. When do ya want 'em? I can breed 'em right this second if you're fixin' for some Scramble eggs immediately (c wut i did thar?).

Can do... uh, bro. When do ya want 'em? I can breed 'em right this second if you're fixin' for some Scramble eggs immediately (c wut i did thar?).

Yeah! I'd want the eggs whenever you can breed 'em, and I just found W2 again!

Last edited:
... Uh, wait for me t' trade you the eggs? >_>;

But srsly, when do ya want the eggs? I'll have 'em bred by tomorrow either way if you ain't in a rush.

Kajira's Black S/MS Challenge Update 2

Entered the Dreamyard

Recieved the C-Gear from Fennel

Traded for a Heatmor egg and a Cacnea egg

Ran around like a spaz until the eggs hatch

Recovered the little girl's pokemon from Team Plasma

Caught a Woobat

Arrived in Nacrene City

Woobat evolved into Swoobat

Defeated N at the entrance of the Nacrene Gym

Took a tour of the Nacrene Museum

Challenged and Defeated Leader Lenora

Recieved the Basic Badge

Discovered Team Plasma robbing the museum

Caught Sawk!

Current Team:
Heatmor Lv 26
-Incinerate
-Lick
-Snatch
-Fury Swipes

Swoobat Lv 25
-Confusion
-Heart Stamp
-Gust
-Air Cutter

Cacnea Lv 25
-Poison Sting
-Leech Seed
-Absorb
-Pin Missle

Sawk Lv 12
-Rock Smash
-Leer
-Bide
-Focus Energy

Defeated Team Plasma and recovered the Dragon Skull

Arrived in Castelia City

Went to Prime Pier to find Burgh

Tracked down Team Plasma and saved Munna.

Challenged and Defeated Castelia Gym

Recieved the Insect Badge

Defeated Bianca's challenge

Defeated Cheren's challenge

Caught Yamask!

Current Team:
Heatmor Lv 31
-Flame Burst
-Lick
-Snatch
-Fury Swipes

Swoobat Lv 30
-Confusion
-Calm Mind
-Gust
-Air Cutter

Cacnea Lv 30
-Poison Sting
-Faint Attack
-Absorb
-Pin Missle

Sawk Lv 30
-Brick Break
-Karate Chop
-Double Kick
-Focus Energy

Yamask Lv 19
-Disable
-Haze
-Night Shade
-Hex

Cacnea evolved into Cacturne

Yamask evolved into Cofagrigus

Arrived in Nimbasa City

Had an awkward ferris wheel ride with N and then defeated him in battle.

Challenged and Defeated the Nimbasa Gym

Earned the Bolt Badge

Defeated Cheren's challenge

SAPPHIRE HARMONIA UPDATE

After grinding for ages preparing for the battle against Norman, I beat him really easily using only Psybeam on a level 36 Claydol boosted by 3 X Specials. Which really annoyed me as I had gotten my Cacturne to 36 and my Anorith and Trapinch to 30 which took ages (hence the really late update).

FEEDBACK

I really don't like how much grinding there is in this challenge. You spend ages levelling up your pokemon and then you have to release them once you beat the gym. Then you repeat for the next gym. It gets quite boring after a while.But apart from that I think it's a good challenge that makes you use pokemon that you wouldn't normally use in a regular play through.

For the next gym, can I catch pokemon from the water routes between Petalburg, Dewford & Slateport? I've travelled through the routes but haven't been able to catch anything until now.
Also, can I use only 3 pokemon for this gym?

Last edited:
I ain't too sure how I can further alleviate the need for grinding. No plans t' make team size a minimum of 2 rather than 3... that, and the Challenge is meant t' be as such: to test your patience for level grinding, encouraging you t' just go for it, even with an underleveled team.

... Ah, right. I had a rule regardin' those routes in mind at some point, but (as is normal) completely forgot t' make said rule. herpderp. Since you're never given a chance t' catch anythin', I'd say yeah. You're allowed t' catch Pokes there. I'll create a broad rule to cover areas you're not allowed to catch anythin' at the first time(s) you're there.

Team size is a minimum of three, though you're free t' catch up to six.

I ain't too sure how I can further alleviate the need for grinding. No plans t' make team size a minimum of 2 rather than 3... that, and the Challenge is meant t' be as such: to test your patience for level grinding, encouraging you t' just go for it, even with an underleveled team.
I'll make sure I take that into consideration for the rest of the challenge

... Ah, right. I had a rule regardin' those routes in mind at some point, but (as is normal) completely forgot t' make said rule. herpderp. Since you're never given a chance t' catch anythin', I'd say yeah. You're allowed t' catch Pokes there. I'll create a broad rule to cover areas you're not allowed to catch anythin' at the first time(s) you're there.
I figured that would be the case. I just wanted to check just in case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back