The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread - Black/White Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
BLACK 2 MONOTYPE (FIGHTING)

I started playing this challenge again as I want to finish all of my challenges before X & Y come out. I was in reversal mountain training with Bianca when I started yesterday so I'll update from there.

I trained everyone up to level 40 before leaving Reversal Mountain since Bianca was healing them after every battle. I battled Hugh in Undella Town. I beat his Unfeasant with a few Thunder Punches from Gallade. Simisage was beaten by Emboar and Gallade beat Samurott with Leaf Blade.
I made my way to Opelucid City as fast as possible, avoiding as many trainers as possible. Once there I beat every trainer in the gym then went and healed my pokemon. I bought 2 X attacks from that store on route 9 then went to battle Drayden. I led with Scrafty and used an X attack, X defend and an X accuracy so High Jump Kick wouldn't miss. I got one HJK in then got swiched out because of Dragon Tail. I can't really remember what happened but I won the battle.

Last edited:
Pokemon Diamond Solo Challenge Update #4
I finally got to play Pokemon so I continued this challenge by losing in the fighting gym... Vibrava had no chance against Lucario, so I went ahead and defeated all the other trainers I could find and ended up beating the water gym without having any trouble. I only spammed Dragon Breath for that and didn't even need the paralysis. There sure are advantages of being 15 level s higher than the others :D After I fought some wild Pokemon I finally reached level 45, so I now had a Flygon to completely destroy the third gym leader with Dragon Claw. Things are getting better now that I have Dragon Claw and soon I should get Earthquake :)

Flygon lvl 45 with hardy nature
-Dragon Claw
-Sand-Attack
-Faint Attack (No idea why there is no - , but there is one in Sand Attack... thngs I think when I'm tired :D)
-Crunch

I'll try to finish the Harmonia challenge next, but it's hard to get me to do it, because a lot of it is grinding... Well in 2 weeks I'll be playing Pokemon Y anyways

B2 MONOTYPE (FIGHTING)

In the previous update I forgot to mention the fact that I caught Virizion

After the battle with Drayden was over, I chased team Plasma out of Opelucid City and the went to Humilau to beat Marlon. I beat his Carracosta and Wailord really easily since I had Virizion, but Jellicent was a bit more difficult for some reason. It may have something to do with the fact that it was 5 levels above my highest levelled pokemon. Thinking back to that battle, it should've been quite easy as Toxicroak had Sucker Punch and Dry Skin. But it doesn't matter now. I won and got my final badge.

Last edited:
-Sand-Attack
-Faint Attack (No idea why there is no - , but there is one in Sand Attack... thngs I think when I'm tired :D)

Pokegrammar is very strange 'n sometimes contradictory... 'least, in English it is.

FINAL BLACK 2 MONOTYPE (FIGHTING) UPDATE

I beat up Team Plasma and then chased them to the Giant Chasm to beat them up again.
After I beat Ghetsis, I made my way through route 23 and beat all the trainers there before charging through Victory Road and arriving at the Pokemon League.
I challenged the E4 and beat Caitlin and Shauntal using mainly Scrafty. I tried to beat Marshal using Gallade but lost against his Conkeldurr after it used 2 Bulk Ups.
I healed and tried again. This time for Marshal I used an X Defend and 2 Swords Dances and OHKOed his team.
Caitlin and Shauntal went down really easily.
I accidentally challenged Grimsley before I had healed everyone so I had to spend a few turns in battle healing my pokemon before I could actually start attacking him. I switched to Scrafty and beat him.

For Iris, I used Scrafty and used 2 X Speeds so I could be sure to outspeed everything. I just spammed Hi Jump Kick and hoped that I didn't miss. None of them missed and I beat Iris!

FINAL TEAM

SCRAFTY Lv. 64
- Rock Climb
- Crunch
- Faint Attack
- Hi Jump Kick

GALLADE Lv. 56
- Thunder Punch
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance
- Psycho Cut

VIRIZION Lv. 57
- Swords Dance
- Retaliate
- Giga Drain
- Sacred Sword

TOXICROAK Lv. 54
- Rock Smash
- Poison Jab
- Venoshock
- Sucker Punch

EMBOAR Lv. 54
- Strength
- Rock Smash
- Bulldoze
- Flamethrower

Last edited:
Of all the Pokes on your team, I wouldn't of thought Scrafty would put in the most work... High Jump Kick is somethin' to be feared lol.

Scraggy and Scrafty are both really good from what I've seen. Especially when they have Moxie instead of Shed Skin

I just thought of something that may have to be added to the rules of monotype challenges as of gen VI. Say you're doing a flying monotype and one of your pokemon is Charizard, can you mega evolve it into Mega Charizard X?

Last edited:
Ah, good thinkin' Jordan. I'd hate t' limit or ban Mega Evolutions in any way, but I s'pose it'd be for the best to include Megaevos in the "alternate form" rule.

... In fact, I should broaden the rule right now. Say, to ban Kecleon. I really should've thought'a Kecleon before lol.

Should Castform also be banned from monotype as its form depends on the weather which can be unpredictable sometimes?

SAPPHIRE HARMONIA UPDATE

Seeing as I wouldn't be able to do anything without someone who could surf, I grabbed Mudkip out of the box and used it to catch my first pokemon for the next part of this challenge. I got a level 30 Wingull, which I was happy with. I tried to teach it Surf so I could let Mudkip go back to resting but realised that Wingull can't learn Surf! So I went to the desert area and levelled him up so he could evolve. Once he evolved, I taught him Surf and used a few repels to catch my next pokemon, a level 32 Tentacool. With my team of 2 I proceeded to the weather institute and faught off Team Aqua, evolving Tentacool and earning a Castform as a reward for my troubles :). I took the Mystic Water off Castform and gave it to Pelipper. I also taught him Ice Beam. Pelipper was able to defeat May by himself, making me wonder if I'd be able to beat Winona with only him.
I rode to Fortree city, healed, got the invisible Kecleon out of the way and battled the gym trainers. I ran beck to the pokecentre and then battled Winona.
I one hit her Swellow with Ice Beam.
Pelipper was a bit more trouble as I could only 3 hit it at best (assuming no crits). I got lucky with Ice Beam and froze it. Unfortunately Winona used a Hyper Potion so it took me a bit longer to beat it.
Skarmory was a 2 hit with Surf
Altaria managed to survive an Ice Beam, but wasn't so lucky when I used Quick Attack in the next turn.

FEEDBACK
I don't really have anything extra to say at this point. Apart from the huge amount of training I did for Norman, I've quite enjoyed this challenge.

Last edited:
Harmonia-White Update

Yes, an update one day 'fore XY's release. Pointless, yeah? :lol:

- Defeated Bianca again and bid farewell to my previous team
- Struggled my way through Chargestone, and caught an Emolga and Joltik in the process... that one Hiker with a Boldore made me white out. ;_;
- Clipped Skyla's metaphorical wings with my (accidentally over-leveled) Mono-Electric team. Considered usin' Zebstrika during my first White playthrough, wish I would'a done so after just now usin' one.

Should Castform also be banned from monotype as its form depends on the weather which can be unpredictable sometimes?

Yep, definitely.

With a new Generation comes a new Challenge thread. This one's closed now, like the original. Y'all go there please.

... That, and I needed t' drop the "Black/White Edition" bit. Changin' a thread's name breaks links, so it's better t' just make a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back