The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread

I have decided to use Pokemon Y for my challenge, said challenge is single, no item, unevolved with a custom rule of pokemon may not be 5 levels higher than the gym leaders, heck let us add move set challenge in as well. And the pokemon which I caught for this challenge is... Pidgey.

Challenge accepted. Good luck amigo... you're gonna need it.

Someone else supply the Moveset, I feel like I'm the only one who jumps on Singles/Moveset these days.

Oh so much responsibility. There isn't a lot of possible sets, but I will go with: Wing Attack, Feather Dance, Hurricane, and Quick Attack (not sure if it counts as a bad move, but should be alright, if not substitute with Roost).

Well good luck with it and have fun.

Yeah Quick Attack also is pretty week, but it is the strongest normal stab move you can get on Pidgey. Roost would be way more fitting though.

X MUSS UPDATE

With 7 badges under my belt and itching for an 8th, I went to the Pokemon Village, knowing that Wulfric wouldn't be at the gym. I got lucky on the way there and didn't get hopelessly lost in the woods. Once Wulfric was back at the gym, I was right there, getting through the puzzle quite easily.
Wulfric led with Abomasnow which set up Hail with its Snow Warning. Without the super-effective Rock Slide, I decided that Fury Cutter would be my best bet against his Avalugg since it has huge Defence and hits like a truck with Avalanche since it's so slow. So Fury Cutter was what I used, 2-hitting the Abomasnow and taking an Energy Ball and 2 rounds of Hail damage in the process. The Cryogonal, due to its low Defence and Anorith's relatively massive Attack, didn't stand a chance against the charged Fury Cutter. Now the Avalugg came out. I used Fury Cutter, hoping that it would somehow be able to OHKO Avalugg but really doubting it. Even though I knew it wouldn't KO, I was still very surprised by how little it did, only doing just over 50% even though Fury Cutter had 160 base power at the time! It retaliated with Avalanche which I was really worried about as it did about 50% of Anorith's max HP which, when combined with the 4 rounds of hail damage, and the Energy Ball from Abomasnow, almost KOed Anorith! Luckily it didn't, and Anorith was able to take out the Avalugg with another Fury Cutter, getting me the 8th and final badge on this quest.
Since that badge allowed me to use Waterfall, I immediately went back to Coumarine to get Rock Slide and finally complete Anorith's moveset of Hone Claws, Fury Cutter, Rock Slide and Knock Off.
Since Anorith was way overlevelled, I decided that battling any trainers on the way to Victory Road was completely unnecessary. That one trainer blocking your path to Victory Road was a bit difficult for Anorith to deal with but I don't remember the battle very well as it happened a while ago (I've been very distracted with SSB4. Robin FTW!).

Next update will probably be the last one. Not sure when that'll be though since I'm in my final year of secondary school and have exams coming up in a few weeks.
I'll still be around if anyone needs pokemon for a challenge, I just won't be making any updates.

Yeah I will be. Haven't started yet 'cause this is my first smash game and I want to improve my skills before I go online otherwise I'll probably get wrecked :lol:

Wait, this is your first Smash game? Welcome to the series, enjoy your stay.

You can test yourself against me. I haven't played online against anyone I don't know yet (actually, I've played against a total of one person online, and lost), so I don't consider myself that good either. I just want to have everyone added so I know who's who and, well, who to not forget when the Wii U version is out. What's your 3DS FC?

I want to do a Harmonia/Nuzlocke on Omega Ruby.

I'll be getting it at the midnight launch so I'll delay the updates to avoid spoilers for those who won't have the game yet (probably the majority of people since I live in Australia and the 21st will be here before almost everywhere else :p)

I might be up for a gen5 battle later. OU mixed and all.

Returnin' to my Y soon. no rly i need a mewtwonite y so yea

Now the Avalugg came out. I used Fury Cutter, hoping that it would somehow be able to OHKO Avalugg but really doubting it. Even though I knew it wouldn't KO, I was still very surprised by how little it did, only doing just over 50% even though Fury Cutter had 160 base power at the time!

dat bulk tho

no regrets

YOU WILL REGRET THIS

I want to do a Harmonia/Nuzlocke on Omega Ruby.

I'll be getting it at the midnight launch so I'll delay the updates to avoid spoilers for those who won't have the game yet (probably the majority of people since I live in Australia and the 21st will be here before almost everywhere else :p)

Wow, that's really ballsy... and great for the thread, since you'll be able t' playtest the Challenge in ORAS lol. I'm gonna look forward t' readin' your updates on that, let me tell ya.

I might be up for a gen5 battle later. OU mixed and all.

id be down for that even though ill get fucking rekt lawl

Back