Pokemon Sun and Moon

Neosquid

(owo)凸
Jan 25, 2009
Chireiden
Wii Online Code
6666-1020-6666-1020
Funny that there wasn't a thread for this already, heh. The 20th anniversary games are coming out on November 18th.

alolamap.jpg

This is Alola, the region SM takes place in, which as you would guess from glancing as the art is based on Hawaii. Having the main game consist of multiple different islands is interesting enough, but that's only the tip of the iceberg, they are shaking things up a lot more than they ever have. I have serious issues with Gamefreak but I can't even complain about anyfin so far, it all looks so good, though I don't know what to think of z-moves yet.

But before I go into that, some of the new mons.

lunala.png
solgaleo.png
Moon's cover Pokemon is Lunala, the emissary of the moon, and is a Psychic/Ghost type. Sun's is Solgaleo, dubbed "the beast that devours the sun" and is a Psychic/Steel type.

rowlet_2.png
litten_2.png
popplio_2.png

The starters this time are the owl Rowlet, the cat Litten, and the sea lion Popplio. Litten is my favorite, but Rowlet is cool too.

Nyow for the more interesting stuff. To start, there's no gyms. Instead we have these things called island trials which are what they sound like, trails that take place....on the islands. Accordingly, instead of gym leaders, there are trail captains. As a long overdue addition, you'll fight totem Pokemon during these trials, which are boss versions of regular Pokemon that can summon minions to assist them. Do note that the list on the site is currently incomplete; there will be more than four trail captains and trails.

Similar to how XY introduced megas, SM introduces another new form for Pokemon, known as Alola variants. They're....unfortunately exclusive to gen I mons, it seems, which is really lame, but uh, what are you gonna do? Maybe we'll get Sinnonian forms or whatever later this gen, a nerd can hope...anyways, there's not much to explain about them, they're just Pokemon that have adapted to certain conditions in Alola. Like, Alolan Rattata and Raticate became a nocturnal crime syndicate as a result of the diurnal Yungoos and Gumshoos being introduced to the region in order to help control the exploding population. Accordingly, they became Normal/Dark. That situation actually parallels what was done in irl Hawaii. Another example is Exeggutor, which as a result of Alola's sunlight, grew into a 35 foot tall meme dragon.

SM also introduces one more concept somewhat similar in nature to mega evolution, known as Z-moves. Similar to mega evolution, they're activated with a device your character wears, known as a Z-ring. If you give a Pokemon a Z-crystal, it will be able to use a move that correlates with said crystal. They're one time use but are clearly very powerful. Some Pokemon, such as Snorlax and Alolan Raichu, have signature Z-moves.

One of the weirdest things so far are the recently revealed Ultra Beasts. The official site hasn't updated with all of them at time of posting, but as you can see in this leak, they aren't Pokemon, rather they're some sort of unholy alien abomination. I should probably avoid posting my own theories in the op in case people don't want to be spoiled on plotstuff, but uh, you might notice similarities...somewhere...

The new evil team is known as Team Skull, and after seeing them in trailers I'm convinced that they will be the most amusing evil team yet. The Aether Foundation helps to combat them, while also working on their own sciencey things on their private island.

Other features:

[Poke Finder]
[Battle Royal]
[Rotom Pokedex]
[Poke Ride]
[Hyper Training]
[QR Scanner]
[12 hour time difference]

Links:

[Official Site]
[Official Pokemon Youtube Channel]
[Reveal Trailer]
[Alola and Box Mascot Trailer]
[Starter Pokemon Trailer]
[Battle Royal Trailer]
[Zygarde 10% and 100% Trailer]
[Alolan Forms and Z-move Trailer]
[Team Skull Trailer]
[Ultra Beast and Aether Foundation Trailer]

Last edited:
ce7.jpg

Damn, right there has been the Aloha Form Memes.

Anyway, didn't know there aren't gonna be any gym battles. Hopefully the gameplay for it is gonna gud. And as far as Im aware of glad to see using pokemons to have abilities like fly and surf without using HM moves. So long HM slaves, you are now free!! Your 20 years of slavery ends here.

Ultra beast sounds intriguing. I want them to reveal more information about 'em. Kinda vague for backround, but the concept is there. I'm callin' it now. If the Ultra beast are man-kind created pokemons or infused ancient pasts or, or, or... just throwing it out there, Sun and Moon stones turning pokemons into final evolutions for different pokemon stages. Like Clampearl evolving into two different pokemons using two different scales. I dunno. :lol: Worth a shot just thinking.

New leaks from corocoro to compliment the ones from yesterday

CoroCoro_October_2016_Rugarugan_Midday_Form_2.jpg

CoroCoro_October_2016_Rugarugan_Midnight_Form_2.jpg

That is Lugarugan, which, as stated, was leaked yesterday. It's rockruff's evo and has two different forms depending on when you evolve it. I h8 wolves but I really can't stay mad at the midnight form, it looks like such a psychopath. <3

Midday form gets AccelRock, a new priority move, and midnight form gets....counter. Wonderful.

Ultra beast sounds intriguing. I want them to reveal more information about 'em. Kinda vague for backround, but the concept is there. I'm callin' it now. If the Ultra beast are man-kind created pokemons or infused ancient pasts or, or, or... just throwing it out there, Sun and Moon stones turning pokemons into final evolutions for different pokemon stages. Like Clampearl evolving into two different pokemons using two different scales. I dunno. :lol: Worth a shot just thinking.

I think they might be somefin from another universe, a trailer shows the jellyfish coming out of a portal. They're very obviously the true forms of Lillie, Gladion, and Lusamine. They all have blonde hair and green eyes and there's way too many design similarities for it to be a coincidence. The aether foundation is the real evil team, skull is going to ultimately end up either secondary or good, calling it now.

Personally, for me, I love wolves. So, I welcome our new Dog Lords, "Lugarugan."

Wait, wait, wait... Hear me out on this one... This could be like the the mega evolution stones from X and Y but like some kind of infusement. And what I mean by that, is you get to be a Pokemon!!!! Like Digimon and the what they aren't telling is the Z ring has a second activation when being near outer space pokemon the Sun and Moon. This could be something that the A. Foundation is trying to learn about and Team Skull wants to harness the power for evil!!! It all makes sense now. Since usually the protaganist in pokemon games foil the evil guys plan, he/she the player, found the link between the Z-crystals and ultra beast!!!!

[video=youtube;2bz-Qet4BDM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bz-Qet4BDM[/video]

Or its just a adaptation for Mega Evolution. :lol:

So the demo came out a few days ago and it was of course immediately hacked. If you wanted to see all the new pokemon, watch the following video

[video=youtube;GwpIhRkAlRw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwpIhRkAlRw[/video]

we don't have any data on their stats or hidden abilities, gamefreak replaced all that data with pikachu's.

this is probably my favorite generation in terms of the pokemon themselves, some of them will probably fall off my favorites list after the new toy syndrome wears off, but still. Though I want to know who approved alolan dugtrio and persian.

Last edited:
Played the demo. Lots of quality of life improvements. All worthless if there's no challenge. I am not falling for the X/Y meme again.

Played the demo. Lots of quality of life improvements. All worthless if there's no challenge. I am not falling for the X/Y meme again.
the demo sucks, I hope you're not gauging the difficulty of the main game based on it. It made me hate ash greninja more than I already did, let me use other pokemon, damnitt.

I'm hoping they up the difficulty level from xy considering it's the 20th anniversary and stuff and they're expecting more older fans to buy them than usual, hence the higher level of kanto pandering. Needless to say I'm still quite worried.

seems I was right, I keep hearing things about the game having some difficulty. Dunno if that's overall or just certain segments.

Edit: apparently the AI is a lot better, seems to be the former after all to some degree. Yesssssss

Last edited:
Back