An ancient one, banner of over a thousand acunts
Staff member
May 30, 2006
Super Mancyland
Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
News of that little talked about new Zelda game

zwiicrop-thumb-500x278-436.png
We all know E3 is right around the corner and we are about to get flooded with more information than anyone can reasonably handle. That being said, sometimes it's fun to ponder on the rumor mill if for nothing more than to discuss the possibilities. If and when the information turns out to be true, it just makes things all the more fun. If it turns out to be false, it still was a fun discussion none the less. That being said, many of you remember the rumors we released back in January that surfaced at the japanese forum 2ch. Well, this time around, more information has been leaked from the same place.

Keep in mind these are just rumors, and are just as likely to be false as they are true. However, 2ch has a history of nailing many rumors right on the head, as was previously explained in January's Rumor Mill. Of course, not everything they say is true... but if they happen to be right about all of the current rumors, I swear I might be willing to father all of their children. So without any more delay, here is what was uncovered:

• Link will be replacing the bow and arrow with a crossbow.
  • Game is all but finished. Putting on final touches.
  • There will be a playable demo at E3.
  • Time travel does occur and it happens through the use of a new blade. (not the master sword)
  • Link's hometown is much bigger than in previous titles.
  • There will be several "Majora's Mask" esque sidequests.
  • Character interaction will be more involving than in any previous title.
  • The dungeon field dungeon method is changed, and one of the changes confirms a straight dungeon to dungeon portion of the game.
  • The current name of the girl in the picture is Adelle.
  • Combat is extremely fluent and innovative. No previous Wii title can give you a good example of it's unique style.
  • The game relies heavily on sword combat versus other items.
  • There will be less items, but they will be used more frequently.
  • There will be another main weapon added for an alternative combat style.
  • The game will feature significant portions of flight.

So there you have it. This information was provided to us via email, and as such I cannot confirm the full credibility of the source. However, based on what the previous rumors were and what has been said in interviews in the last year, a lot of it seems highly plausible. We are currently digging for the exact quotes so we can get some re-translations to confirm. Are you excited yet? Zelda Wii gets officially announced on June 15th, 2010.

On a side note, could this be the new main weapon?
zwiiitem-thumb-600x237-434.png

Via Zelda Informer

WOW! A Wii game thats worth looking out for

No matter how awesome the gameplay is, Im not buying it if it takes place in the future. Thats just way too weird.

Well I did read that there was going to be a steampunk vibe in this one

Im buying it reguardless I love zelda games

No matter how awesome the gameplay is, Im not buying it if it takes place in the future. Thats just way too weird.

What's wrong about being in the future? zelda games are usually in the past but you can go a few years in the future in some games.

Well I did read that there was going to be a steampunk vibe in this one

sigh... THAT was a fanmade zelda idea that went waaay too far. It even inspired IGN to make a bogus Zelda podcast.
Explaining that it would be in the future. Everything that one fan made up never died. Everyone liked the idea and it has sparked rumors for years. I appreciate his talent and artistic interpretation but we need to let that go already, only Nintendo will bring the next Zelda.

So what is the latest as far as a release date? are we still looking at 4th Quarter 2010? If they really are close to being finished, we have to assume they will release this holiday season, right?

If its a Nintendo game you can count on the release date being more slipy than Hakan on ice

Funny no one has mentioned Zelda: Skyward Sword being revealed at E3. It dosnt look like it takes place in the future, so I might buy it.

Funny no one has mentioned Zelda: Skyward Sword being revealed at E3. It dosnt look like it takes place in the future, so I might buy it.

I told EVERYONE it wouldn't take place in the future, no one wants to listen.

Back