Rumor: Wii Zelda called 'The Legend of Zelda', more juicy details revealed


WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000 point out New Zelda wii stuff.


It's pre-E3 time, so rumors are flying fast and furious. For the Wii owners and Zelda fans out there, Zelda fansite Zelda Informer reckons that rumors regarding the new Wii Zelda game are now 99.99% confirmed.

The site cites a couple of German sources that have supposedly confirmed the following details:

  • Zelda Wii's official title is "The Legend of Zelda". There will be no subtitle.
  • The game tells a story several hundred years before Ocarina of Time. It also answers the question of how the Master Sword came into being.
  • The fairy-like girl is a very important character in the game. Her Name is Zordiana.
  • The Hookshot is also in the game and it has new abilities. It will not pull you immediately to the target you aimed. Now it is possible to swing with the Hookshot, like with the Grappling Hook from WW. The Hookshot makes no use of Wii Motion Plus.
  • Sometimes you have to "draw" a specific symbol on a door with your sword, to open it.
  • The Bow-Control is very similar to the Bow-Control in Wii Sports Resort, as the script shows.
  • There are two levels of difficulty. Aonuma put it through. Miyamoto didn't want to include it. The Normal-Mode is for amateurs. The Hero-Mode has no "Super Guide" included and the enemies are tougher.
  • The On-Stage Dungeon, which is also playable at E3, isn't a Dungeon as we know it from the Zelda series. When entering a Dungeon, you will not notice you are in one. It will be a smooth gradation. There will be Dungeons with no Bosses and Bosses with no Dungeon. The "Dungeon" you are able to play at E3 will be an Ice-Level. It will be the first "Dungeon" in the Game.

Word is that the guy who leaked the info got it from a German translator living in Kyoto who helped Eiji Aonuma with his E3 speech. That's a pretty connected source if true. Of course, 99.99% still leaves that 0.01% chance that this all turns out to be pure bunk so stay tuned for official details from Nintendo.

Via Zelda Informer