pre order for yanks

Sam_Harris

Jul 29, 2006
Australia
Wii Online Code
8426-6514-9175-8079
here is a press release from gamestop and eb about preordering wii and ps3 (pfft)

"GameStop will start accepting pre-orders for the PS3/Wii on MONDAY SEPTEMBER 18. This will last for ONE WEEK only. Any store can and will stop taking pre-orders at any time (most likely when their limit is reached). I have been advised (and I advise you) to go to the store on Monday and get your pre-order in.

GameStop is NOT ACCEPTING cash, or store credit for your down payment on a pre-order. You HAVE to trade in games or accessories when you pre-order. It must total $50 or more, and it will all go towards your system pre-order. Any money you put down after $50 can be credit, cash, or whatever else GameStop/EB accepts. This applies for both the Wii and the PS3.

Any promotions on game trade-ins active during your pre-order transaction can be used toward this pre-order stuff. That means that you can take advantage of the “trade 3 games and get $10 extra” offer currently being held at GameStop/EB.

You are GUARANTEED to get a Wii, but the date you get it IS NOT GUARANTEED (he specifically told me that you are not guaranteed to get your system on launch or anytime during the Christmas season).

Stores are going to give out launch systems based on chronological pre-order order. That means if you are the first one to pre-order/reserve your Wii, you will be the first one to get a Wii on launch day.

Reservations are limited to 1 per household.

If you want to know what exactly the text says at the bottom of the flyer, here it is: “Cash or Store Credit will not be accepted. Reservations of the PlayStation 3 or Nintendo Wii are limited to one (1) reservation/purchase per household.”

And the text near the GameStop logo at the bottom: “All trades must be in working condition and are subject to manager approval. As GameStop cannot control production and shipping issues by the manufacturer, the reservation deposit will only gurantee a spot in line when the PlayStation 3 or Nintendo Wii becomes available. The reservation deposit does not guarantee reciept of a system available to purchase by Christmas.”

so all you u americans should get in soon cause they wont be on for long.

source

well that sucks. I'd have to trade in most of my DS games to get $50 in credit (something I don't especially care to do). I was planning on pre-ordering at EB's. I may just annoy them by trading in games, then immediately buying it back (although, not cost-effective). Man, this really pisses me off. They will likely lose my (and many others') business over this.

Don't believe it, the source dosent even have a source, it can be photoshopped, then made up story about it. This is SOOO fake. And cmon, its even blurry, just like "Big Foot"
I bet my wii funds that this is fake. He does not have a valid source anywhere

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119592 here is there source and yeah someone go ask there gamestop i would but im an aussie god they must really not want to screw up just the 360 and gonintendo is a very reliable site if it wasnt true they would post it as a rumour or not at all so yeah accept it but ill fine with my preorder and free game so yeah

Cash is what makes this world go round, so trust me, these retailers will be taking whatever they can get their hands on.

Sam_Harris said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119592 here is there source and yeah someone go ask there gamestop i would but im an aussie god they must really not want to screw up just the 360 and gonintendo is a very reliable site if it wasnt true they would post it as a rumour or not at all so yeah accept it but ill fine with my preorder and free game so yeah

thats not a source, thats still some guy's post making up all that crap with his photoshopped picture

THIS IS FAKE PEOPLE

fake means isnt real this is real it cant be real for some but it just doesnt apply to your certain are and that just many people here may be from these places

I'll take my chances, I don't like trade-ins anyway. I walked into Best Buy for the PSP and Target for the DS on their launch days, never had a problem getting the systems or games right away.

over here in connecticit they are only accepting preorder/reserves a week before the wii comes out

OFFICIAL WORD...

I stopped by the local EB the other day and asked about this. I was told that yes, it true, but not the way it sounds. It is only a test market in Hawaii. If it goes over well, that's how it will work everywhere. If it goes over like a lead balloon, then they'll go back to the normal pre-order system.

im sorry but i dont really liked to be called a yankee so please dont use that term to direct to Americans........and this would be really really dumb if it was true....i dont want to trade in any of my games just to reserve the Wii thats so ridiculous

Back