PS3 Killing in my town!!!!

Tacos

Banned
Nov 15, 2006
So, the police raided this kids house, and killed him and his dog. The kid had stolen 2 PS3's earlier in the month. Very sad.

Story

WILMINGTON -- A local college student is dead after sheriff's deputies opened fire while serving warrants at his home Friday night. Now family and friends of the victim and investigators want to know why.

Scott Keenan is the victim's neighbor. He said, "The only thing I know is that someone was shot and a dog was shot."

Between nine and ten o'clock Friday night UNCW Police, New Hanover County Sheriff's deputies and a SWAT team swarmed a home on Long Leaf Acres Drive, as officers attempted to issue a warrant to search the house and arrest warrants for 18-year-old Peyton Strickland and his roommate, 20-year-old Ryan Mills.

Friends and family of the two suspects say Strickland had been sitting on their couch playing video games when police knocked at the door. They say it didn't take long before authorities barged in, guns blazing.

Law enforcement shot and killed Strickland. Whether he was armed is unknown.

Authorities are staying tight-lipped about many of the details surrounding the incident, but District Attorney Ben David confirms the shot came from a Sheriff's Deputy.

"I've lived here for about 25 years, grew up here," Keenan said. "And it's just unbelievable that something like that happened here."

Both Strickland and mills were wanted for armed robbery, assault with a deadly weapon and breaking and entering after allegedly beating a UNCW student and stealing two Sony PlayStations two weeks ago.

Authorities arrested Mills. Peyton Strickland's family and friends are in disbelief, saying that Strickland paid a very high price for what they call a small crime.

Sheriff's office officials aren't giving us many details, but do tell us that the SBI will continue to investigate the case and it may be a while before any action is taken.

David will meet with SBI officials Monday to hash out the details of this investigation.

We have made several attempts to get copies of incident reports and the search warrants from the night of the shooting, all of which are public record. So far though the SBI, the Sheriff's Office, campus police and the court clerk's office have not made them available.

Tacos said:
Both Strickland and mills were wanted for armed robbery, assault with a deadly weapon and breaking and entering after allegedly beating a UNCW student and stealing two Sony PlayStations two weeks ago.
What we have here are two criminals wanted for armed robbery and assault with a deadly weapon. Obviously, police are going to be more cautious and expect that the individuals could be armed and dangerous. We still don't have any info on whether either was armed, or the circumstances upon the death, so it's hard to take a stance here.

But I will say: good riddance. If these two douchebags are going to assault some kid with a deadly weapon to steal a couple of Playstations, why not punish them with an equal form of douchebaggery?

It's sad that he had to be killed over a console. On the contrary, he knew the consequences for stealing. In any case, he would still have been shot and killed if he bought it LEGALLY from any store. When they say "Console War", the LITERALLY mean CONSOLE WAR.

He followed someone to his dorm room parking lot and hit him over the head with a blunt object. They found many guns in the house after raiding it. None of them were loaded, and all of them were in his bedroom. Here are some pictures from his friends website.

5770363_BG3.jpg

5770363_BG4.jpg

Ahhh, now it's gana be even harder for my friend to find people to play with him online.

It does upset me that the dog had to die though.

Tacos said:
He followed someone to his dorm room parking lot and hit him over the head with a blunt object. They found many guns in the house after raiding it. None of them were loaded, and all of them were in his bedroom. Here are some pictures from his friends website.

5770363_BG3.jpg

5770363_BG4.jpg

Nothing pulls sympathy for an armed robber than photos of him and his friends posing while brandishing firearms.

Kryptenx said:
What we have here are two criminals wanted for armed robbery and assault with a deadly weapon. Obviously, police are going to be more cautious and expect that the individuals could be armed and dangerous. We still don't have any info on whether either was armed, or the circumstances upon the death, so it's hard to take a stance here.

But I will say: good riddance. If these two douchebags are going to assault some kid with a deadly weapon to steal a couple of Playstations, why not punish them with an equal form of douchebaggery?

Death?

To bad the Swat Team wasn't armed with Wii Nun chucks when they made the killing. Still feel bad that they killed the dog, it was just protecting his idiot owner he didn't know any better.

Pecky said:

There's a reason for why they shot him, we might not know it but they do. Im sure they didn't just walk in the house and see him playing a PS3 and decide "We should kill this kid".

DrYou said:
There's a reason for why they shot him, we might not know it but they do. Im sure they didn't just walk in the house and see him playing a PS3 and decide "We should kill this kid".

It was in America, I wouldn't been surprised. :scared:

Pecky said:
It was in America, I wouldn't been surprised. :scared:

Lol, true words. But in this case I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

DrYou said:
Lol, true words. But in this case I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

because it was console related?

it said he was sitting playing a console. I doubt when faced with a whole swat team he pulled a gun on them, which wasnt loaded. :rolleyes:

Back