PS3 Murks The Entire Mii System And Wii With This

I'm a big Nintendo loyalist. I love the Big N to death. But after seeing the movie, I have to admit that the Home idea kills the Miis completely. It's "everything the Mii isn't". And Home makes Miis look like total crap. Right now, I'm starting to have negative feelings for Nintendo and I never think ill of Nintendo.

wow if I ever get ps3 now know how I can waste time between bouts of riiiidge raaacer! XD..no in all seriousness, I think it's a nice concept,and it should come free I say that b/c at this present time (speaking from a personal standpoint) there is no killer app feature that justifies the enormous price tag of the ps3.

I know there are promises of great things to come but Dreamcast had potential, they made promises..and we all know what happened there. The saturn actually had better processing and graphics than the ps1 and it failed due to lack of support. The ps2 won last round b/c it had the most support due to the simple and cheap costs of game development. Now here is the uber machine the ps3. Completely new format, amazing untapped potential and a few big names trying to make sure this doesn't become another beta.

I think that there is precious little difference between the visuals of the 360 and ps3 right now. And quite frankly no one really cares about the numbers folks, its the software that defines the hardware. So keep in mind we may be able to count the hairs on the head of the new character in FF14 but if the game is no fun who cares?

The point is that they've stolen two ideas (Sims Online, Miis) and forced them together int a possibly interesting concept but marketed it as their own new idea. I really wonder how much of the HDD is wasted on this function though.

its funny how quickly people sell out once they see a decent app. I believe the big N is not done with their Mii channel yet, they will probably create something like this also.

That clip was relatively appealing..I'll definitely be waiting to see what transpires with 'Home'..I'd say if 'Home' turns out to be as impressive as they are portraying Sony has made themselves a formidable opponent. I'd pick up a ps3 and without a doubt keep my Wii as well, we'll see.

It truly is ridiculous how easily ppl can change their minds over a silly freebie... (btw they said downloadable content for the apartment - most likely cash 4 furniture? wtf why pay for game furniture when you could spend it on some "real" stuff, LOL) :ihih:
The only good part is that it brings the community of annoying gamers together, I can imagine ppl yelling all over the place with headsets..:hand:

Looks neat, but I bet the hype won't last long...

Arghhhh!!!
I'm pissed off, jealous, worried, annoyed and amazed all at the same time!

I agree with the above user, Sony will make a fortune with their "Downloadable Content".
Oh look, I have $10 left over from my pay check. What should I get, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time on Virtual Console, or a new armchair for my virtual home living room? Oh Dear :nonod:

Last edited:
Ok ... a few thoughts.

This is pretty clearly a copy of nintendo mii's; i think we can all agree on that. However 'home' is not going to save the PS3 of deep dark depths of failed consoles. Lets not forget a few things about Sony ... Sony is very good at hyping up anything with cool videos and telling us these nice things it can do. However when go time comes around and we finally get to try it for ourselves, it usually turns out to be one big piece **** after-all. Remember Mobile Suit Gundam - Crossfire and how SWEET that looked when we saw the preview of it ... well it turned out to be one big piece of crap; home will probably be no different. Who knows, people would probably have to buy something in home.

BTW ... since no one has bought a PS3 except stupid sony fanboys and soiled little rich kids, i don't think Home is a place i want to call home anyway.

The part where you customize your own house seems pointless completely unless you're such a loser that you'd love to live in a virtual dream world. It's the fact that you can join games with other people instantly when in that world, THAT is what makes it so appealing.

2 major differences with Home.
1.) You have to pay micro payments to get the full experience. That means buying virtual clothing!
2.) Nintendo is launching their online gaming channel soon. I think Sony jumped the gun again, like their rip off controller. They should wait and see what Nintendo has to offer.

If done right this can help Sony greatly. But remember! This is Sony! All bets are off! I agree with Chwisch87. It may be more hype on dog manuer.

i bet if the the ps3 was the same price as the ps2 most people talking **** about it would have it. i know i would. i how ever like sony but im no fool. im not wasting 600 bucks for a console. when the price drops then ill just have a wii and a playstation 3. people ***** too much, wii is better, ps3 is better. in the end who gives a damn which ever one you have will be the one you have. heres a good question. lets say the ps3 is the way it is right now but the price was the same as the wii would you buy the wii ps3 or both. my vote would be both cause no matter what you say ps3 has features and so does wii but i want mgs4 damnit and thats all that matters.

sagema said:
1.) You have to pay micro payments to get the full experience. That means buying virtual clothing!

you mean i can't run around naked ?!?!:ihih:

Robertking1123 said:
i bet if the the ps3 was the same price as the ps2 most people talking **** about it would have it. i know i would. i how ever like sony but im no fool. im not wasting 600 bucks for a console. when the price drops then ill just have a wii and a playstation 3. people ***** too much, wii is better, ps3 is better. in the end who gives a damn which ever one you have will be the one you have. heres a good question. lets say the ps3 is the way it is right now but the price was the same as the wii would you buy the wii ps3 or both. my vote would be both cause no matter what you say ps3 has features and so does wii but i want mgs4 damnit and thats all that matters.

In the end, what determines a consoles success is a combination of price, features and games.

While the PS3 has some great features and a lot of technology packed into it, the launch titles so far have been very poor and everyone knows their bleeding exclusives problem. Most titles so far that are dual launch (360 and PS3) typically look better on the 360 than the do on the PS3 ... at least for now.

I do however content that the enigma known as the Cell Broadband Engine will be figured out (eventually anyway), and some truly amazing games for the PS3 will come out. However, when this happens I fear it will be all to late to save the PS3 as most uses fed up with waiting will have already gone to the 360 and third party developers will not want to develop on the PS3 because of the small console base. We are already seeing the beginning of this with many starting to focus energies to development of Wii and 360 exclusives.

Halo 3 and a price drop on the 360 around that time could be the final torpedo that will kill the PS3 for good.

Either way, Sony and their copied idea of 'home' will not save them or help them any in my opinion.

No, the Mii system is ****ed.

- Non realistic

- Nintendo would be sued to **** if they did anything like PS3 Home...and...

- Nintendo would also be sued to **** by EA, who is making the Sims for Wii(basically like PS3 home, just shittier and actually costs money).

- Limited options for Mii customization.

- Wii has no Hard drive.

- Couldn't, even if they wanted to, add any of the features PS3 has. The Wii can't handle it.

In closing, PS3 may have stole the Wii's gig, but Sony perfected it.

"PS3 wins".

Back