PS3 Vs. Wii

Im buying a Nintendo wii real soon,from my christmas money i recieved ( around $900 ) , added up from everyone,i can buy the console and some games, i cant wait to play a mario racing game on the wii, most likely the only game i would be playing!.

I Agree totally, I was shocked when I heard that they didnt even have a "New Mario" game at launch, or atleast shortley after launch. Other then that I love it you should look into Zelda and if it is not your thing from what I hear Red Steel is pretty good to.
:smilewinkgrin:

cool,ill look into red steel as i dont really know much about it,im a zelda fan to,i have all Gameboy,Gameboy Advance,N64 Zelda Games ,and The wind wacker on GCN, ill get the new one soon on wii, but i have to admit, i never finished any of those zelda games Lol, everytime i get to a hard level,or just alittle bit stuck,i just throw on a mario game,oh well. But yeh,cant wait to have my wii and ps3 side by side next to my ps2 and gamecube.

I am the same way, and I think a lot of more Zelda players are. Just arnt proud to admit it.

haha interesting point, and yeh, it could be a good idea to wait?, Nintendo Wii goes for around $250AUD,i was told that was the price,ill have to check up on that, once a price drop happens,along with a ps3 price drop,ill be able to get both with my $900?, Im going to have to see, when i bought my ps2,it was the day the price droped from $700 to $500. Saved a fair bit. if i waited 5 years,could have spent only $190 , but whats the point in that Lol.

I would agree with you to a certain extent. If you waited for the Wii to drop it may only drop $50.00 dollars. Bringing the total price to 199.99.Sony may decide to match the drop. I would get a Wii now if you can find one. And then wait for the PS3 to drop. Plus in the mean time you will have a new system. Also take in to consideration once you get your Wii you will need time to get use to it and understand why when you do this the contoler does this. But ya you could wait for the PS4 and the Ps3 will be 150.00used.

Lol yeh True, i might even get a Wii Tommorow!,I wonder how much the Wii Games go for price wise,im going to have to check up local sites now

Plus when the ps3 gets released here in march, new firmwire update,20 new games, Tempting To pick one up at launch.

Australia, and i just read the console actually sells for around $400 here, and since games cost $49 in the states, its going to be the usuall $99 over here,hmm makes me think really, Ps3 will sell for almost $1000 here!, cant afford it , so the wii is my best bet,ill check out some stores in the morning and see if i should buy a wii this early or not. Ofcource theres no mario racing game atm to pursude me further Lol

WOW!!!:drool:

That is horrible you should look at trying to buy one from the States and have it shipped to you??? Dont know how much of a difference it would be but I dont think it would cost you any more then 100.00. That is still crazy. Why are they so expensive there?

Bizzle7 said:
How can you say PS3 is long term. Dont you think that once everyone has a had a chance to see ane play the new design (Wii) foir Video Games more gamers will more likley to buy/get one?

Also would you rather play a game that had the best graphics ever but poor gmaeplay, or play a game that had a completley new way of playing videogames with ok graphics?

I am SICK of this argument! Besically, you were stating that just because playstation 3 has a traditional controller, the Gameplay is going to be BAD. That is the dumbest and most illogical approach to this argument I have ever heard. There are a TON of good games out for EVERY OTHER system. and guess what? Every system up untill wii has used traditional controllers, so gameplay is NOT the issue. The wii has a new style of gameplay, but once again, wether or not the gameplay is better is a PREFERENCE. The wii also is capable of GOOD graphics, perhaps not comparable to the PS3, but still GOOD. The ONLY reason that wii games have poor graphics right now is because of the game designers. It is a new system and they do not know how to program games to their maximum graphical capabilities yet. A good example of this is Resident evil 4. I am sure the resident Evil mantra has been preached many times in this forum, but it is the TRUTH. RE4 has EXCELLENT graphics, and that game was released on gamecube. Personally, if wii games are capable of graphics that are equal to or better than RE4, that is all I really need. Capcom makes good games ALL the time. Lets just hope this Ubisoft CRAP doesnt rule this high potential console known as wii. All we have right now is a buch of rushed laucn titles. When was the last time a nintendo console released with out MARIO? What about other great games like Kirby? Mario Kart? Donkey Kong?

I feel that we are missing out on the REAL nintendo games right now because they are still under development. Besides Zelda (which is a Game cube game) I dont think there have been ANY exclusive nintendo titles. that is all I have to say. :D

The point I feel I made and addressed very clearley was the yes ever system prior to the Wii has been tradional contolers. Not saying they are bad just eventually the Graphical Cababilities are going to reach a point where they are no longer going to be able to get much better in a Gameplay enviorment. So with that being said I ask the Question would you RIGHT NOW NOT LATER give up extreme Graphics(PS3) for a new possibley even better Gameplay(Wii)? Not saying that the Wii garphics dont have potential but they will only be slightley better then the Xbox Graphics. Thats a fact not opionion based on Nintendos specs, the system baseically is a little bit more powerful then the orginal Xbox.

Bizzle7 said:
WOW!!!:drool:

That is horrible you should look at trying to buy one from the States and have it shipped to you??? Dont know how much of a difference it would be but I dont think it would cost you any more then 100.00. That is still crazy. Why are they so expensive there?

Just currency conversion, i was about to go down to the shops and consider buying a wii today,but i overslept Lol, but if i buy one from the states i cant play the PAL released games here right?

But yeh,this ps3 vs wii thing is usless really, end of the day its ps3 software vs wii software, your buying a console to play a game not to look at the console all day...altho i come to think some fanboys do....lmao

Bizzle7 said:
The point I feel I made and addressed very clearley was the yes ever system prior to the Wii has been tradional contolers. Not saying they are bad just eventually the Graphical Cababilities are going to reach a point where they are no longer going to be able to get much better in a Gameplay enviorment. So with that being said I ask the Question would you RIGHT NOW NOT LATER give up extreme Graphics(PS3) for a new possibley even better Gameplay(Wii)? Not saying that the Wii garphics dont have potential but they will only be slightley better then the Xbox Graphics. Thats a fact not opionion based on Nintendos specs, the system baseically is a little bit more powerful then the orginal Xbox.

HD graphics are not really something that matters to me in the long run. I am not nescessarily defending ne system over the other, I am just pointing out that most of the graphics problems are because of the game DESIGNERS, not the system capabilities. If game cube can run RE4, then I am pretty sure that people just arent trying hard enough. ya know?

If Sony at least had force feedback in there controllers, they would get slightly less crap. And yes rumble makes for a lot better gameplay.

Back