PS3 or 360?

Scuba Steve

WiiChat Member
Jan 10, 2007
Bought a Wii at launch, which is pretty fun, but I'm a little turned off by the sub-standard graphics.

I was planning to buy a 360 in a few months, but I'm actually considering PS3 now.

So for anyone who has BOTH 360 and PS3, which one should I get and why?

i dont have both but i say 360 since theres nothing worth buying a ps3 for right now besides the bluray player (which still isnt THAT big of a deal yet)

I have neither but judging of what I know the 360 is better. But I'm not 100% sure about the PS3s new features.

i answered a similar type of question a minute ago in another thread, about ds or psp...

anyway i have a wii and a 360, dont have a ps3 cos they are not out til next month in the UK.

saying that, i dont plan on getting a ps3, as i dont think it will offer anything that the 360 already does (well nothing worth bothering about, eg blu-ray - i think hd dvd will be the more successful, and neither are popular yet anyway)

i dont know what games are out where you live, but look at those, and base your decision on which ones you like the look of more, afterall its all about the games at the end of the day

Thats not really a hard decision. You go for the 360 obv. Its such a great system from the way it looks to the games, to the controller scheme, and the beautiful/equal to the PS3's graphics which you get for a lower price. If I had the money I'd definitely get it. But as it is I'm probably gonna be dropping mad cash on Nintendo in the next few months.

Well, I have a 360. I sold my Wii so that I could get a 360, personally I have had the 360 for not even a month, and it truly is a great system. I haven't played the PS3 however my sister is buying me one, and I will be getting it in August. But then again the 360 has amazing games, online play many other features. It's not something you can really get bored of, oh and the graphics are outstanding.Then there's the PS3, which I do believe has the potential to succeed in the gaming world. It's just off to a slow start. But anyways what I am trying to say it, for right now go for the 360. See how you like it(which I'm certain you will love it). See how that works for you, then later on in the long run get a PS3 afterwards. Also one more point, Saints Row, Oblivion are coming to PS3, HERE'S the kicker you can get those great games right now for the 360!So your best bet is the 360....wait on the PS3 for a few months, maybe even a year, then buy it. I'm sure it'll blow up in the gaming world by then! Hope that helped you out, take care.

i find it funny that this is the ps3 portion of wiichat. yet no one is picking the ps3 hahaha. but hey. notch a vote for the 360 from me as well :lol:

mykennedy said:
i find it funny that this is the ps3 portion of wiichat. yet no one is picking the ps3 hahaha. but hey. notch a vote for the 360 from me as well :lol:
its because there arent many people with ps3s and theres nothing the ps3 offers right now. if the ps3 came out first and the 360 just came out im sure we'd all be saying ps3

and just to note, the ps3 is more powerful than 360, all though 360 dose have some strengths in areas ps3 dosent..ps3s potential has yet to be relized though (people are comparing 1st gen ps3 games to 2nd gen 360 games which is amazing in its own right)

For my money, I'd be getting an Xbox 360. Reason being is both have great graphics, if one is slightly better then the other I don't care, my PC beats them both anyway.
Where the Xbox shines is in the multiplayer aspect. The level of integration the xbox operating system has with it's games is excellent. If I didn't have more important uses for my money I'd be picking up a 360 for sure, just for the online play.

and just to note, the ps3 is more powerful than 360, all though 360 dose have some strengths in areas ps3 dosent..ps3s potential has yet to be relized though (people are comparing 1st gen ps3 games to 2nd gen 360 games which is amazing in its own right)

The PS3 is NOT more powerfull.

There are three critical performance aspects of a console:

1. Central Processing Unit (CPU) performance.

The Xbox 360 CPU architecture has three times the general purpose processing power of the Cell.

2. Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) performance

The Xbox 360 GPU design is more flexible and it has more processing power than the PS3 GPU.

3. Memory System Bandwidth

The memory system bandwidth in Xbox 360 exceeds the PS3's by five times.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html

Last edited:
I'm a little more on the fence now than when I started this thread. I used to think that the price difference was a big plus for the 360, but then I realized that you have to fork over another $100 for a Wi-Fi adapter (built in on PS3) and $50/year to use the internet (free on PS3), not to mention the extra $200 for the HDDVD drive.

The IGN link from the last post is from 5/2005. Didn't sony make improvements to the hardware since then? I agree that once develpers learn how to optimize the PS3, it will have superior graphics to the 360.

I think the kicker here is going to be the console exclusive games. On the one hand, you have Halo 3, Gears of War, Crackdown, Lost Planet, and Dead Rising. On the other, you have MGS4, Ninja Gaiden Sigma (may not be exclusive), Mercenaries 2, God of War II (PS2), Motor Storm, Army of Two, and Lair. Did I leave anything out? Tough call.

Scuba Steve said:
I'm a little more on the fence now than when I started this thread. I used to think that the price difference was a big plus for the 360, but then I realized that you have to fork over another $100 for a Wi-Fi adapter (built in on PS3) and $50/year to use the internet (free on PS3), not to mention the extra $200 for the HDDVD drive.

The IGN link from the last post is from 5/2005. Didn't sony make improvements to the hardware since then? I agree that once develpers learn how to optimize the PS3, it will have superior graphics to the 360.

I think the kicker here is going to be the console exclusive games. On the one hand, you have Halo 3, Gears of War, Crackdown, Lost Planet, and Dead Rising. On the other, you have MGS4, Ninja Gaiden Sigma (may not be exclusive), Mercenaries 2, God of War II (PS2), Motor Storm, Army of Two, and Lair. Did I leave anything out? Tough call.
army of two is for 360 too
its 50 for 13 months if you buy prepaid cards, and you dont NEED wifi adapter and it comes with an ethernet cord
only the $600 ps3 has a wifi reciever built in so there ya go, but yah most importantly it comes down to games, 360 has all those you mentioned plus mass effect, bioshock, and others i cant think of right now, but there are plenty of games that are going to come out on ps3 adn 360, but basically, if youve been into sony games in the past, youll want the ps3, give us some more backround on your gaming history

Back