PS3 or Wii

oh know what will i do my GAMING MACHINE cant play a dvd,i wonder if the 5 dvd players in my house might do that?and p.s.billm06,the graphics on the wii are gcn graphics tright now,they havnt even use the wii to alittle of its power.

swiper said:
PS3 is over priced ....if u want graphics get 360 ..360 is said to have better framerate and better graphics for a lot less of your money...
go 360 and wii.

the PS3 isn't overpriced. In the gaming industry, at least from what i've heard... they don't really make a lot of money from the console... but the games and licenses. + how much is an average blue ray player right now?

but how much people want blu-ray? how much people know what blu-ray is? as for me i dont care prices will eventually go down and thats when i buy it and some people are missing the point with the wii.. nintendo is the only gaming company last standing from the old days thas still making consoles. wii was all about game play they did not mention anything about mind blowing graphics wat so ever and thats wat nintendo did release a console that no other console has to offer game play with the wiimote i mean heck im all for mind blowing graphics thas why i have my pc or 360. and for game play i have my wii i just like using the wiimote for wiisports ..so please we read you loud and clear by saying the graphics for the wii aint great .but all in all get what you want and be happy with it .

Last edited:
intekmdma said:
the PS3 isn't overpriced. In the gaming industry, at least from what i've heard... they don't really make a lot of money from the console... but the games and licenses. + how much is an average blue ray player right now?

blu ray goes for about 1000 last time i checked, its overpriced compared to wat you get from the 360. 360 is cheaper and has better online play....what does ps3 have except for an expensive price tag and blu ray disc player ...why would u pay more money for a ps3 that has equal graphics to the 360?

swiper said:
...why would u pay more money for a ps3 that has equal graphics to the 360?

personally I'd rather give a little extra to Sony than ANY to Microsoft ... not just in terms of consoles either, any consumer electronics.

and it isn't just graphics i think, don't you have to buy extra stuff to use the dvd on the xbox?

the playstation 3 looks an impressive system there is no contest in the power, but its a little exspensive but worth the money, they have some top games coming out for it also like gran tursimo 5,mgs4,motorstorm, and when the price goes down u can gurantee most people will get one, you have to think what will happen a few years down the line, can nintendo keep selling the wii? or will people go for another next gen console near enough the same price, who knows.......

re

swiper said:
blu ray goes for about 1000 last time i checked, its overpriced compared to wat you get from the 360. 360 is cheaper and has better online play....what does ps3 have except for an expensive price tag and blu ray disc player ...why would u pay more money for a ps3 that has equal graphics to the 360?

Your comparing launch games to a system that has been out for a year. Resistance uses about 1/4 of the ps3's potential. Imagine what the games will be like in a year. Theres some great games coming in March, and those still wont be close to its full potential :hand:

the 360 might have better online, but sonys is free. Its not bad by any means. Its actually quite good. Plus they are adding a bunch of features to it. Dont forget the hd dvd player for the 360 costs $200. Which brings it right back to the ps3's price.

billm0066 said:
Cant touch it? The wii cant even play a measly dvd. The graphics are on par with the gamecube. The wii will follow in the same footsteps as the gamecube. mostly kids games with a select few good ones. I own both, and I feel the wii is the little brother compared to my ps3.

Wait....what did you say? "the wii cant even play a measley DVD" i think that was it. Actually, when i went to buy my nintendo, i went to get a VIDEOGAME CONSOLE. not a damn dvd player. WHO CARES ABOUT MULTIMEDIA OPTIONS. Personally, I have a sick computer that does all that stuff BETTER than PS3 with the exception of blu-ray capabilities. Honestly, I still go to my room and listen to vinyl records when I have some spare time too. Technology is great, but if you feel you HAVE to move forward with the greatest most advanced technological trend, then you are nothing more than a tool of the company. Nintendo makes games and ONLY games. That is why I like them; they arent some evil huge corporation trying to barge their way in and take over the video game business. W3rD!

Getting a Wii is like getting a gaming system you can have fun with. While getting a PS3 is like getting a Blu-Ray player that plays music and plays a few games. It should not be in the console wars, instead it should be in every other war. If you plan on getting a Blu-Ray player, get a PS3. But if you want quality games, fun times, and interactivity with those games, get a Wii.

Last edited:
Their arrogance is even more infuriating than the price that shows Sony only cares about themselves. The Wii was made for gaming, and Nintendo made it with the gamers in mind as well as nongamers. The weather and news is more important IMO than a DVD player anyway. So there...

buckyfellini said:
personally I'd rather give a little extra to Sony than ANY to Microsoft ... not just in terms of consoles either, any consumer electronics.

and it isn't just graphics i think, don't you have to buy extra stuff to use the dvd on the xbox?

yeah but if u put the hd-dvd drive together with the 360 its the same size as the ps3

no,you dont have to buy stuff to use the dvd player,you can put a dvd in right out of the box, you dont need the remote control,but you do need the hd-dvd player if you want high def movies.

Back