PSP Slim Close Up

"PSP Slim made its public debut. Almost identical in overall appearance, the new model features a relatively limited list of upgrades over the previous incarnation. The PSP Slim is lighter than the older PSP by 99-grams (a 33% reduction) and is all of 4.4-millimeters thinner (a 19% reduction.) Besides losing a bit of weight, the PSP Slim gains a TV-out capability, which is a feature rumored to have been pulled from the original model as a cost-saving gesture. Rounding out the upgrade, the PSP Slim will load games from UMDs slightly faster due to a new data caching ability. Buyers may also be tempted by a pair of new colors, Ice Silver and Ceramic White." - IGN

Well of course people will continue to buy PSP's, but whether they will know the difference between the two is the thing. PSP's still sell regardless, they may sell a bit faster but the upgrades are really ridiculous, and it states itself that the "upgrades" (which aren't even upgrades, technically) were cut out to save money for $ony.

Well, looks like they fit the bill again. Its perfect for their needs, no marginally increased manufacturing cost (Notice how PS3's cost went down, must have something to do with hardware cost, even software cost) considering they "made money" by cutting the "features" beforehand and now they are "implementing" them as "upgrades" to "sell more". Its just another market scheme, and trust me the $ony fan-boys/lovers/consumers/etc that have the money will dish it out for whatever $ony feeds them. Have fun. I am not even mentioning the junk games.

P.S. I have an account on playstation.com's gamers advisory panel, haven't visited in several months, they spam about the p.o.s3 too much. Anyway, it is boring there and with all the bashing of anything BUT $ony. its ridiculous how I can't even get rid of my p.o.s2, sorry again, but thats my abbreviation for it. Can't get more than $30.
Stupid game stop even goes as far to say that the fat-back can't play blue-disc games, while I have a tekken tag tourney blue disc that plays FINE. Stupid employee's don't even know wtf they are talking about, never shopping there again. Can forget about EB games aswell, lying bastards are apart of game$crop.

billm00666 said:
Did you get that name from the t-85 innovative turbo or just a coincidence?

no its just a kind of username i've used for a while, intitial and d.o.b...

(though i just looked up a few pics and the car looks pretty sweet, so maybe i could say i did..)

but back to PSPs........

GaryT85 said:
no its just a kind of username i've used for a while, intitial and d.o.b...

(though i just looked up a few pics and the car looks pretty sweet, so maybe i could say i did..)

but back to PSPs........

Its not a car, its a turbo. Unless you are talking about innovatives (the company that makes the turbo) actual car. I have no idea and nothing really came up on google for their car.

The slim psp will have an optional tv tuner for Japan. I wish they could make something like that for the us. I would buy a car mount and watch some of my favorite shows on the road. An in dash dvd player with a tv tuner is way too expensive.

Kenji510 said:
e3-2007-psp-slim-revealed-20070713015354029.jpg

Check it out guys, dunno if u seen this already but there gonna make a thinner and lighter version of this PSP and the battery will last even longer this time.. full article below when you click on the link.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/804/804856p1.html
I want to say that the new PSP is going to be smaller and slimer.
It will still have the same battery life and it will just be in the colour of white.
It will be named PSP 2.

This actually makes me consider buying a PSP. This slim one is especially nice. I wish IGN would post a an old PSP and a new slim one so we could do a side-by-side comparison of them. It's sexy stuff, that PSP.

Lmao, goons that are fooled by pathetic "enhancements" that are actually not enhancements at all. If you look at the numbers this is a pathetic attempt by $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ony to get more money and its working. LAMERS!

paintba||er said:

Isn't getting money kinda the point of a business?

There is good business practice and bad business practice.

This is a GREAT example of BAD business practice.

There is NO upgrade in this PSP. You're buying the PSP they meant to release FIRST. That is a SCAM.

Only a scam for those that intend to replace with the smaller one. For the people buying a PSP for the first time its a good purchase.

Back