RE: Umbrella Chronicles, HUGE disappointment

Yeah I am very excited for this game, and am looking forward to playing it the way you do. Like eskiemong said, you have RE4 if you want that kind of game, and you have RE:UC if you want that kind of game.

I'm definitely on board with on-rails. I've always loved the time crisis series of arcade games and I'm sure that RE:UC should be pretty fun.

I think it looks okay mabye fun at first. But what i really want is a classic RE game like RE1 2 & 3 none of this RE4 bull ****.

Now dont get me wrong i LOVE RE4 but not as a RE game. They should have given it a different name. I miss the absurrd but challanging puzzles. I miss running from zombies to save your ammo. (and dont say you have to conserve ammo in RE 4 because really u dont if u look hard enough) I miss how a game like RE could scare the crap out of you.

Doc141 said:
So the fact that RE:UC not only has gameplay problems, it requires the Wii Zapper (to reload properly) and has what look like pretty bad graphics (like PS1 rendered zombies...)

You're crazy. :p When I saw the video I was impressed by the graphics they got out of the wii. Now if you want to see an example of an Ugly On-rails shooter, check out Ghost Squad.

Though, I think that one looks like fun too.

I'll go on the record here of saying House of the Dead is in my All-Time Top 5 Games list. Rail shooters are a great way to kill 2 hours with gore and action. That said, I might just rent this title. This genre always has short games and very little replay, even if it is WiFi like Ghost Squad (I can't remember, too lazy to look it up.) I can't see my self playing through the story more than two or three times.

Well, I like the look of it. Seems like we've only got the tip of the iceberg yet.

Confirmed 2 player mode will be excellent.

Also, the introduction of the Red Queen may attempt to tie in with the first Resident Evil movie. Hopefully won't tie in with the second or third, as they've gone on a tangent compared to the games.

Squall7 said:
Well, I like the look of it. Seems like we've only got the tip of the iceberg yet.

Confirmed 2 player mode will be excellent.

Also, the introduction of the Red Queen may attempt to tie in with the first Resident Evil movie. Hopefully won't tie in with the second or third, as they've gone on a tangent compared to the games.

The game has been confirmed what resident evil games it will link in, and it has been said before that the movie's and game's are in a different universe.

At the end of the trailer you hearing the red queen blocking privliges from some one so it will be intresting to learn the secrets of umbrella, and yes the 2 player co-op will be great, Jill valentine and I forget the other charecter who is in the game, a member of the STAR team.

Cpt.McCloud said:
The game has been confirmed what resident evil games it will link in, and it has been said before that the movie's and game's are in a different universe.

At the end of the trailer you hearing the red queen blocking privliges from some one so it will be intresting to learn the secrets of umbrella, and yes the 2 player co-op will be great, Jill valentine and I forget the other charecter who is in the game, a member of the STAR team.
Yep. You're thinking of Carlos. Iu think his surname is Oliveria or something.

The two would have to be set in different worlds, considering there is no "Alice" in Resident Evil 3. Likewise, the whole wiping out of humanity thing doesn't appear to be happening as much with the games.

Would be interesting to have something that would differentiate the two universes. Maybe like a cartoon in which Alice dies in one universe but doesn't die in the other.

While it's been confirmed, I'm just waiting for screenshots from Resident Evil 2 to appear. That was my favourite game of the series and I haven't seen it yet.

Oh and also about the Wii Zapper. I'm not even sure, but wouldn't you be able to reload the gun by moving both nunchuck and wiimote?

Squall7 said:
Yep. You're thinking of Carlos. Iu think his surname is Oliveria or something.

The two would have to be set in different worlds, considering there is no "Alice" in Resident Evil 3. Likewise, the whole wiping out of humanity thing doesn't appear to be happening as much with the games.

Would be interesting to have something that would differentiate the two universes. Maybe like a cartoon in which Alice dies in one universe but doesn't die in the other.

While it's been confirmed, I'm just waiting for screenshots from Resident Evil 2 to appear. That was my favourite game of the series and I haven't seen it yet.

Yeah, so far they have shown 'the house incident' 'the train incident' and some of the game when the outbreak happens in racoon city, it'l be good to see how it all pan's out.

Doc141 said:
residenteviltheumbrellamy1.jpg

I had no idea that Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles was an on rail shooter. I thought it would be an all new game utilizing storyline of Resident Evil 1 (and 2?) but with new control and puzzles similar to that found in RE4. Basically the updated formula on an updated RE.

I was VERY wrong.

I just found out that it is an on rail shooter and this is total crap to me. :scared:

On Rail Shooters are EXTREMELY out of date.

How out of date?

well basically, 007 Goldeneye was originally set up to be an on rail shooter but it was changed decidedly due to the fact that the On Rail Genre was wearing thin.
goldeneye007_n64boxboxart_160h.jpg

On Rail Shooters were found in arcades for such games as Area 51. And here we are in the popular time of FPS and they are making this for wii. And after they boasted it at E3, they talked about another on rail game from arcades coming to Wii. NO MORE PORTS DAMNIT!

So the fact that RE:UC not only has gameplay problems, it requires the Wii Zapper (to reload properly) and has what look like pretty bad graphics (like PS1 rendered zombies...)
reumbrella_3.jpg

I am not buying... :mad5:

this is all my opinion. what say you?

Well, um... One genre of games DOES NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT replace another. On rail shooters were good then and it is just as good now. If you prefer FPS then that's fine; however, it doesn't mean that they should throw out a perfectly good genre just because YOU don't like it. There are others who like it (hence why it was popular in the first place). Don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to insult you, in fact, I support you when you say you won't buy it, I mean why would you buy it if you don't like it, but to say that it's "out dated" is incorrect. Don't worry though, i'm sure they'll make another RE soon.

eskiemong said:
Oh and also about the Wii Zapper. I'm not even sure, but wouldn't you be able to reload the gun by moving both nunchuck and wiimote?
yeah but hold your nunchuck and wii mote and move them in the exact same motion at the same time. it feels real awkward.

Doc141 said:
yeah but hold your nunchuck and wii mote and move them in the exact same motion at the same time. it feels real awkward.

because i'm sure they have to be moved at the exact same moment at the exact same time.

Personally i find On rail shooter crap. they bore me have no realy gameplay have pretty bad storylines as you dont feel as though you ar in control of the charater making it less like you are actually in the game.

they are also a hell of a lot less scary.

and i think for the style of gameplay its pretty exspensive it should be same price as RES 4 for wii.

P.S ill decide whether to buy it when its released as im undecided right now

Back