RE: Umbrella Chronicles, HUGE disappointment

The story will shed more light on the Umbrella Corporation's activities and downfall, with the official trailer's motto being "Witness the end of Umbrella". Characters currently known to appear in the game are: Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Carlos Oliveira, Rebecca Chambers, Billy Coen, and Albert Wesker who will play a very important role.[12] The May 2007 issue of Nintendo Power stated, "New characters are planned for the never-before-seen Umbrella sections, but the game is still too early in development for Capcom to reveal those characters".[12] Voice actress Tara Platt has also confirmed that she will play the role of the Red Queen in the game. [13]

That was from wikipedia.

Now as you can see from the charecters there, and from the trailers, it will cover Resident Evil 1 (In the mansion) I am unsure of Resident evil 2 I can't remember it much, and last but not least resident Evil 3 (Escape from the city).

Some of your fav games I bet?

It will be good, and the Co-Op with a friend will be great.

Three thing I am curious on are, what will we learn about Umbrella? Do we see what happens to Jill after resident evil three (In resident evil code veronica it mentions she joined a Anti Umbrella group) and if the game does have a resident evil 3 stage, do we have to fight the 'nemisis'?

daviduk200 said:
Personally i find On rail shooter crap. they bore me have no realy gameplay have pretty bad storylines as you dont feel as though you ar in control of the charater making it less like you are actually in the game.

they are also a hell of a lot less scary.

and i think for the style of gameplay its pretty exspensive it should be same price as RES 4 for wii.

P.S ill decide whether to buy it when its released as im undecided right now

You're actually right. But at the same time the fact that I don't feel as though I am not in control of the character which makes me feel less like I'm in the game makes me like on rail shooting game, cuz it makes the game less serious, more casual.
To compare RE4 and UC, I'm going to spend time on RE4 much more than UC but getting more stress. I'm not going to play UC all week long but I'll be getting rid of the stress while I'm playing it.

In My Opinion just walking around by yourself with no Zombies to kill(which i found quite a lot in re4) is completely boring, and having an on Rail fast paced chooter sounds a **** load better.

And i think the Shooter is way better than just Wii Mote n' Nunchuk and should proove to be much easier and furthermore realistic

I just wanna shoot stuff :thumbsup:

So, if I'm 18 by the time the game comes out, I'll be picking it up.

But it might be "Older than Halo/Gears of War," but it's classic gaming.

The only reason I don't play it in arcades is that I die fast x_x
And then I don't wanna shell out more quarters for another 5 minutes.

Going "BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM holdoutsidethescreenandshootoreload BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM" can't be replaced by an FPS.

It's an adrenaline rush.
Or else it SHOULD BE.
Devs, make it filled with blasted enemies >o!

so it's basically like paying $50 to go to Chuck E Cheese, but instead of awesome pizza, tickets, a friggin mutant mouse, and a generic fps w/ a story no one cares about, it's got the resident evil storyline.

will rent, nothing more, nothing less

Personally RE4 is fun... but isnt a pick up and go game, you cant sit for 20 minutes blow some stuff up shoot some zombies then go on with your day.
It requires a lot of time, I'm a busy person that spends little time at home, I'd rather play on rails, u just turn it on and go. You dont have to spend 20 minutes looking for a darn key then walk another 15 minutes back to some door to advance, You shoot stuff, and thats where the fun lies for me.

I will definitely be picking this one up... House of the Dead series was a blast.

There is no "outdated" with game styles, if its a fun game it may have graphics that arent "up to par" with some peoples tastes. Personally I still think about 90% of 2d games rocked the 3d game genre as far as fun pick up play and replay value, sure the game may have taken you a whopping 4 hours to beat when you were 7, but you know what? You picked it up 4 hours later and played it again!

I dont personally feel like attempting to master a game that takes 20 hours to get through!

I have been "slowly" playing through RE4 I am about 5 hours in... and maybe 1/4 of the way through... I've had it for a month now...

I like my games you can get into and play for an hour in your time and not feel like your going to forget the entire plot.

Different people like different games, this game will sell awesome as there are MANY who like this style of game!

i already pre-ordered UC. If not for the potential fun of playing it, i would love to play through the original Resident Evil games.

I still don't see how this is a disappointment considering you have not played it yet. Thats what is still bugging me.

I can't WAIT for this game! Co-op mode, badass fast paced gun action, new story development, sweet graphics, and the Wii Zapper to top it off. I don't know what you guys are complaining about, IMO, this game looks sweet!

CaseyCor said:
I can't WAIT for this game! Co-op mode, badass fast paced gun action, new story development, sweet graphics, and the Wii Zapper to top it off. I don't know what you guys are complaining about, IMO, this game looks sweet!

Yeah, co-op mode is the one I want really bad.
It's going to be fun!

But when you play in co-op mode, don't you need 2 zappers?

CantGetAWii said:
I still don't see how this is a disappointment considering you have not played it yet. Thats what is still bugging me.

I agree, you can't be disappointed with something you haven't experienced, maybe disappointed with an idea or rumor, but come on now, give it a chance.

I like on-rails so this should be right up my alley, personally I think there aren't enough of them.

@original poster

as far as the gfx go, the zombies do look a little... effortless, but the environment looks great

and the onrails shooter genre seems to be making a bit of a comeback, with ghost squad coming out soon as well.

you do NOT need the zapper at all, its there if you want it

Well... there was an arcade game before that was resident evil but of course the graphics on it sucked and the gameplay sucked, but that was a while back and i think umbrella chronicles makes a great rail shooter especially with the gameplay and the extremely great graphics.

i dunno, i think ill try b4 i buy. but is RE 4 a REALLY REALLY good game? because i was thinking of buying wii version, but im like nah ill see wat happens with brawl.

Back