RE4. Who Got It?

IcedEarth81 said:
Because they have improved the controls of the game. No matter what anyone says, if done right aiming with the Wiimote is better than with an analog stick. Again, that depends on the developer getting the sensitivity right. From all I've read, even from Gamespot who gave it a 9.1 and they gave Scareface a 5.8, the controls are better than the previous versions. Gamespot is notorious for giving Wii games lower scores, but they actually gave this one a higher score than IGN did. That should say something.

In any case they are only charging $30 for this game. It is the best of both console versions, giving you the GC graphics with the PS2 extras.

Here's another thing Shift and Sovieto don't understand - not everybody played RE4 the last generation. Some didn't own a GC or PS2. Some simply didn't buy it because they weren't big fans of aiming with the analog stick = myself. Some just missed out for one reason or another. Now we get to play through the definitive verion for $30. That's why I'm excited. I loved the old school RE PS1 games. I'm now looking forward to checking this thing out.

I realize that you two dislike the release of RE4 for the Wii. That's fine. You've stated your opinions. But, there are some that disagree with you. You completely refuse to aknowledge that another position of this issue could exist. Because you say we shouldn't buy this game that becomes gospel. That's pure BS. I'm not going to buy Mario Party 8 but I'm also not going to barge my way into every MP8 thread and tell people they shouldn't buy that game. Again, if all ya'll are going to do is hate on this console why are you here?

what I understand, is that the Wii is porting old games.

Agrue that.

The PC also released RE4, which by the way has the best controls and better graphics.

My argument is, is simply, why get excited over a game that has been released on numerous platforms years ago? Why get excited only when it appears on one specific platform unless you are biased and secluded BY that platform.

Thats WHAT you do not seem to understand. Keep painting me in a negative image, same with sovieto. But logic will prevail.

IcedEarth81 said:
It's funny to see people blast a game without even knowing the full story. The Wii version is a combination of both previous console versions. It has the GC's graphics and realtime cutscenes while adding the PS2 extras, and it runs in 16:9. Also, Shift, the graphics on the GC version have been stated by many sources to be better than the PS2 version.

wrong, keep arguing it untill your face turns blue. THe PS2 has the best lighting over the wii's RE4. The GC version has better textures and the Wii version is lackluster compared to the two. No matter what you say, it STILL is a PORT of an OLD GAME. The PC version had the wii style play already via mouse, better graphics than all the system and it was out in 2005. So what now?

The PS2 has the best lighting via contrast and color palet as well as shadows of all the systems, the Game cube has good textures and color palet. Out of those two, neither has the upper hand in terms of graphics icedearth (btw thats a great band, dont ruin their name by being a fanboy).

Last edited:
i beat the gc one 3times and the wii version will be a game that i want to play again and my cousins want to play re4 but they said they couldnt use the controls so this would be good for them

Shiftfallout said:
I tried using gamespots image but they put the chainsaw in its place. Sadly the game cube actually looked better than the Wii with RE4. The PS2 had better lighting. I cant understand why people would get excited over an old game. Because now its on the Wiii? thats just stupid.

yeah i understand if people are just buying it because the wii yes that is a stupid reason to buy a remake game. but if you some sort of weirdo that needs it on all systems then go for it lol.

JeremyGTS said:
yeah i understand if people are just buying it because the wii yes that is a stupid reason to buy a remake game. but if you some sort of weirdo that needs it on all systems then go for it lol.

nothing wrong with that. If you are a collector then go for it, but there is no need to give lames responses and excuses why they need too. Hey if its a franchise you circle jerk to, then thats fine. But lets keep it simple. If you want it soley because it exists, then state it as such. That you want it only because you care only for the wii or the franchise and that you are a company slave. If not, dont make up excuses why its some how new and better, because its the same DAMN thing.

(im not attacking you, just adding to your point)

Why do you people even bother to argue with him? In her 'views', her 'opinion' is the 'fact'.

And to 'argue that'. I guess they're porting old games to make money. They can't come up with 'new' games so they just port old ones coz they know people will still buy it.

"My argument is, is simply, why get excited over a game that has been released on numerous platforms years ago?" .... Because it has 'innovative controls'. It may not be a huge deal for you, it is for some. And that's why we're excited for this OLD/PORT game.. It has new controlers.

Shiftfallout said:
nothing wrong with that. If you are a collector then go for it, but there is no need to give lames responses and excuses why they need too. Hey if its a franchise you circle jerk to, then thats fine. But lets keep it simple. If you want it soley because it exists, then state it as such. That you want it only because you care only for the wii or the franchise and that you are a company slave. If not, dont make up excuses why its some how new and better, because its the same DAMN thing.

(im not attacking you, just adding to your point)

yeah i understand. and ive seen some lame ones in here.. i used to play console games and played RE 1,2,3 and kinda got out of console games for PC games... so i missed out on some classic games. so any chance for a cheap remake ill go for it IF i havent played it before.. but i know what your getting at it would be like remaking mario 3 with wiimote controls and saying its the best thing since bottled beer. even though its a good game new controls are not going to make it a better/different game.

I'm not a fanboy, Shift. I haven't even owned a Nintendo system since the SNES until the Wii. I owned a PS1 and PS2 exclusively the last two generations.

Again, yes it's a port. But, it's a port with new controls and there are some Wii gamers that never played it before. I'm one of them. Therefore I see the $30 price tag and the new controls that I will probably like much better than analog control and I think that's a decent deal. I don't game on a PC. I don't want to buy the old GC or PS2 versions becuase this one has the best of both for $10 more plus the previously mentioned control scheme.

I'm not simply buying this because it has come out for the Wii. For the record I own a grand total of 3 Wii games = Wii Sports because it came with the system, Godfather which is a pretty fun game, and Wii Play because I wanted an extra wiimote and a game my wife would be willing to play.

I understand your POV. You don't want to buy a port of a 2 year old game. I respect that. But, you need to respect the POV of those that want this game for whatever reason. That's the thing, different people have different views and opinions. Yours isn't the only one around. As I said in my post above, I wouldn't buy Mario Party 8, but I understand there are those that like that game. I'm not going to barge into every MP8 thread and blast them. It's their money and their opinion and I respect that.

New controlers won't make it better?

In my opinion, it could. I havn't played the GCN or PS2 version.. But I think aiming with the wiimote is better than using an analog to aim. I personally don't play 'FPS' games on consoles because I like the mouse better(PC). Now with Wii being here, I could just aim at the TV and it's even better than the mouse.

JeremyGTS said:
yeah i understand. and ive seen some lame ones in here.. i used to play console games and played RE 1,2,3 and kinda got out of console games for PC games... so i missed out on some classic games. so any chance for a cheap remake ill go for it IF i havent played it before.. but i know what your getting at it would be like remaking mario 3 with wiimote controls and saying its the best thing since bottled beer. even though its a good game new controls are not going to make it a better/different game.

how is the wiimote controller not going to be better than the gc and ps2 controller and u saying it not going to make the game different do you know what a wii controler can do

lolz so i just got this game, not from walkmart but eb games! i know what your think oh chach you hate eb games and yes i do. but it was a desperation move and i had to. well anyways this time i got into a conversation with the manager and told him about how i hated his store. he ended up offering me a job lol!!! he wants me to start working there now haha i might do it but only for the employee discount!

My wife picked mine up @ the mall about 30 min ago. I am still @ work and she said I cant play it until my 3yr old goes to bed....

tenlientl said:
"My argument is, is simply, why get excited over a game that has been released on numerous platforms years ago?" .... Because it has 'innovative controls'. It may not be a huge deal for you, it is for some. And that's why we're excited for this OLD/PORT game.. It has new controlers.

so that "innovative controlls" is holding your arm out pointing towards the screen? Sorry, but theres nothing innovative nor exiciting about that. If you want mouse like controlls, its already been done before for this game, if you want to point a white stick at a tv and call it innovative.. go for it. Even then, we have been doing that with the NES and the light gun.

Nice try. But no cigar.

Basically indirectly in my point of view, hes saying NO!!! Hes doesnt how the wii controlls can make it different, i was going to ask the same question but, Meh, i left it alone!!!

If thats what he thinks, then thats him, and what he's thinking is actually wrong!

It does make it different, if not better................ wth, it makes different and better, i played just yesterday after my friend rented, (i mean thats what he said he did) it from blockbuster!! The control are very much indeed good, and wiimote and nunchuck make it different in its own way

Back