Rematch WiiChat vs Gamefaqs

@Bakura,Myers
thx for showing up, for coming to our aid at the last minute and give us 4 players.
Unless you don't mind it, you might want to remove that 56 profile from your FL list, cause aside for wars (so i can play with the ivana) i hardly use that one.
Myers, feel like adding my main? (FC is in my sig, PM me if you do, so i can add you back.)
@Yoshi: i'm gonna borrow your song for the rematch montage if that is alright with you.
@all those involved: I had fun even with losing hard.

I'm sorry for not being able to make the wiichat vs faq re-match... Spent most of the afternoon at Busch Gardens, came back home for a bit, then went back out again for dinner.

I think, given the choice between the two, I would have chosen Bush Gardens as well! I wish the the weather was warm up my way.

First off, thanks to all those involved, and T-mac especially for hosting
Results: Faqs sweep wiichat again.

I just finished uploading my complilation of the matches.
For your viewing pleasure (i recommend the outpost part)
[video=youtube;QJbA29nbJCI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJbA29nbJCI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

@Bakura,Myers
thx for showing up, for coming to our aid at the last minute and give us 4 players.
Wow, I had no idea what I was walking into. It made me laugh after the first match looking at everyone's level...all 56's except my lowly 29.

@all those involved: I had fun even with losing hard.
Definitely had fun, thanks for letting me join in. Hope I can meet up with some of you again soon for some head-to-head. I always like good competition.

More than them being high lvl, they are all fast and know the levels inside out.
That said, You where def. at a disadvantage without the strata/ivana and even RTM's.
(i personally prefer Hi-Cap for most maps but that's prob. just me).
i switched to on older profile i rarely use these days because of that. (my new main is only @44.)
To me, it felt like one adrenaline rush trying to catch a glimps of them before they caught me.
You don't often get matches where all players play the game, in what i consider to be a fun way.
(aka without toobs, masteron, proxy, and without people squatting in corners --> this might be fun every once in a whie but not the whole time)

Last edited:
Fast is right! I couldn't turn a corner without them being right in my face. I very much underestimated how good they were going to be. I really have alot of learning yet to be done. A humbling experience to say the least. I pretty much used my Ivana the whole time, with a Hi-Cap mag. I agree, that it was a bit of an adrenaline rush. But like you said, it really was fun just to play the game in a "fun" way.

No doubt on the gun disadvantage. More than once I was the first one to be shooting, only to get outgunned. Esp. at distances, the Vargen just couldn't compete. Hence switching over to a shotgun in the Nightclub round, which finally netted me a kill at the end of the match. Loved 00steve's response to that - "Bakura just shottied my face off"...made me laugh.

Outpost was brutal for me with the speed. Too much open space and I would just get swarmed. I felt like their team was watching me try to run somewhere and think "oh, look, he thinks he's going somewhere. I'll just wait until he's about there and *pew pew pew*...hahaha, sorry, slow guy".

But, again, it was fun and I had a great time :)

Outpost was brutal for all of us.
Instead of the varghen, you're probably better off with the terralite on rounds with lots of open ground.
The terra got nice range.
Ofc. i personally can't aim with the damn thing, but most other find it to be one of the better guns in the game.
I'm more of a sigmus9 guy.

Last edited:
Ever think of using a Wiimote, Koopa? :trollface:

...And I forget that wars go on. Seems I always miss the wars.

Last edited:
@ Bakura, considering you were only a lvl29 facing 4 ivana players who have played in many wars. You did ok bud :)

Wars are funny things tbh, the first thing to understand is that other factors come into play -

1. Lag !! Your connection to the lobby is key, if you have to face a group of 56 players who have the jump on you and can seamingly shoot you when you have ducked for cover around corners. You know its not gonna go well.

2. Map knowledge/tactics. Classic example being how they spawnlocked you on outpost,controlling the middle hut and russian spawn is key to winning on that map. But the fact is that wars play out different. I have never played Docks in a war where the boatroom and area outside have seen much action. For some reason the yards seem to be where it all happens. Don't just have a tactic for the map either, have a tactic for team play. I tend to take up positions where I am covering my teammates and I also tend to keep away from them to avoid anybody getting us spawlocked. I am constantly changing up map routes and trying to 'outflank' the opposition too.

3. Weapon/loadout choice. For me it's a mix between Hi-Cap and RTM's depending on map mostly. In regular games I always have a combo of LF and SL with the ivana ( always with SS ). In wars I also throw in an RA + BB loadout for if I'm getting lag killed. Sometimes this helps me duck around corners and survive....live to fight another day if you like.

4. Use explosives. Most wars I play in the screen is almost constantly rockin, just about everyone uses all there frags n frisbee's during a life. Learning how to throw rtm's is key.... I would say that i've only just started to become lethal with those things, timing is key. That said they are pretty useless if the game is too laggy as getting the timing right is a nightmare.

5. Playing as a team. Not withstanding the fact that RS Steve,RS Brambles and RS Bazinga are some of the best players in the game. The reason that we were undefeated as a PAL team is because we all knew each others game. We all knew exactly what we were going to be doing on each map before the game started, effectively controlling how the game played out. I think we only lost one game in all the wars we played, and that was a close one on Indy !!

Ever think of using a Wiimote, Koopa?

I can't.
The configuration of my tv/closet is such that i can't get a good working angle for the WiiMote.
It doesn't respond properly. Besides i'm used to the CCP.
I probably have the slowest vertical turning of anyone who has played this game for quite a bit.
I've been experimenting trying to set it higher, but it botches up my hipfire.
And my hipfire isn't that good to begin with.

@Goldie
It's also true we didn't really run as a team.
Tbh, i've always been a bit of a lone wolf in this. Ofc. I have barely warred so it has never been much of a problem.
I noticed when watching the videos that i often find myself taking other running lanes than the rest of my team.
It does has a flanking aspect to it. Like i know the rest are going that way, so i'm going this way.
That's probably a problem the whole of E7 has as well. We like to play together, but we all end up doing it our own way and see from there how it goes.
We got ourselves a genuine lack of coordination.

Last edited:
Pardon my ignorance, but what does PAL and NTSC mean?

Wiki:
The PAL region (PAL being short for Phase Alternating Line) is a television publication territory that covers most of Asia, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and Europe. It is so named because of the PAL television standard traditionally used in those regions, as opposed to the NTSC standard traditionally used in the United States and Japan, which both produce a large portion of the world's televisions.

Basically Europe based players are PAL, whereas America based players are NTSC

@ Bakura, considering you were only a lvl29 facing 4 ivana players who have played in many wars. You did ok bud :)

Thanks, I appreciate it! And thanks for the tips. I rarely play team confict and, when I do, play more like Koopa where I come in from a different direction than my team. I'll just have to play more and keep honing tactics and skills.

Back