Resident Evil 4 = Big disapointment.

chwisch87

Wii-Convert
Mar 7, 2007
Omaha, Ne
Wii Online Code
6294-2382-1290-6912
The control is FLAT OUT HORRIBLE! No side step and i can use the wiimote to turn. Once i go into aim mode ... i can't move?? wtf? soo i'm a sitting duck while i aim at things ... oh this is just perfect.

Thank god i only spent 30 dollars on this POS.

HORRIBLE PORT.

Unfortunately for you, you are in the minority on this topic, most everyone here loves it, sorry you were so disappointed with the game though.

Yep, Resident Evil 4 >>>>> you.

I've beaten it many many times. If you're complaints are no more than just that then you should go read a book instead.

chwisch87 said:
The control is FLAT OUT HORRIBLE! No side step and i can use the wiimote to turn. Once i go into aim mode ... i can't move?? wtf? soo i'm a sitting duck while i aim at things ... oh this is just perfect.

HORRIBLE PORT.

really, you can't turn when you aim?
just like every other RE game

you will get used to the controls and you will be loving it soon, if you cant even get used to the controls then you are a nooblet, that style of control benefits games like resident evil

I thought this game is great!!! cleary you are a idiot who is incapable of using a
Wii Remote take your pathetic whining elsewhere.

Nuff Said

my only problem with the game was i was hoping it would make the sniping easier with the wii-mote although instead they opted for the sniping control to be done with the analog stick ,but oh well it made an already great game even better especially with including the ps2 content. The only thing that would of been nice would of been if they had a way to see your RE4 save file on your gamecube memory card that way you could access the Ada missions from the start. In anycase those its still a good reason to play through it again. I havent touched it in awhile i've been sucked up by Metroids ,and knocking Rabbids off the dance floor.

Mako said:
Crackhead
Come on, no need for that Mako.

ally_uk said:
I thought this game is great!!! cleary you are a idiot who is incapable of using a
Wii Remote take your pathetic whining elsewhere.

Nuff Said
I don't think it's necessary to bash 'em this bad, they're just voicing their opinion, which we all do.

Although like I said before, they are in the minority.

chwisch87 said:
The control is FLAT OUT HORRIBLE! No side step and i can use the wiimote to turn.
Side-stepping isn't really an issue too much, as few enemies use projectiles (which is what you'd use strafing for usually).

Once i go into aim mode ... i can't move?? wtf? soo i'm a sitting duck while i aim at things ... oh this is just perfect.
It was like that with the original as well. Only, in the Wii version, when you aim, you can quickly aim with the Wiimote, rather than using analogue sticks to slowly move the cursor to your target.

HORRIBLE PORT.
1. It was only 30 dollars because it is more or less a port.
2. The port had the exact same restrictions that you used as excuses as to why it was bad.
3. I think you're very much in the minority here.
4. Have you played any other Resident Evil games before?
5. Are you new to gaming as a whole?

I'm not new to gaming as a whole. This set up for a FPS is not really what i like to play. See the Wii doesn't have a second analog stick ... the wiimote pointer its what should become that. I like to be able to shoot things while moving ... idk like every other game ...

chwisch87 said:
I'm not new to gaming as a whole. This set up for a FPS is not really what i like to play. See the Wii doesn't have a second analog stick ... the wiimote pointer its what should become that. I like to be able to shoot things while moving ... idk like every other game ...
To be fair though, it isn't a FPS. It's a third person shooter.

Think of it like the original Resident Evil games, where you hold a button to bring up your firearm and aim.

It can make it an inconvienience to FPS players, but I can't say I really notice it.

Besides, I was always one of those players that if I thought I could get away with a one-second stop, aim and shoot at Goldeneye for more damage, I would do that, rather than relying on auto-aim.

I see what you're saying though.

You know it's just the way the game is. Personally I really like the game and I'm disappointed in the way the series is going for the Wii, i.e. on rails. In another thread I talk about what I would improve about the controls in metroid but this game seemed to be ok for what it was.

RE4 isn't a FPS. It is a 3rd Person shooter. I take it you haven't played the older RE games. Those games, much like this one, require you to stop moving to shoot. I've always liked that about RE games.

The reason the wiimote's IR doesn't turn the screen is that would have taken much more time and money to program the game to do that, and then they would have had to worry about the whole sensitivity issue. Once you give it a little time it actually works well the way it is. I agree about the sniper rifle, but again it was an issue of requiring much more programming time.

This game requires much more strategy than simply running around and shooting stuff. It's one of the positives to the gameplay.

Back