Rock Band

CodeMan

WiiChat Member
Jan 1, 2008
Who has rock band?
I love rock band, I like it more than Guitar Hero 3!
The online is fun and they have alot of good songs.

We have this set up at work, It seems pretty fun so far. Drums are badass guitar is pretty savage but we have had it out for like a week and the strum bar is pretty much broken to all hell. I like the 'solo' frets though its entertaining to go down there for solo's. The drums are obscenely fun, I can't wait to get it just to screw around with friends from work.. and also to own One on drums.

I freakin' love rock band!

I'm a drummer (in case it wasn't obvious yet) and I already knew how to play a lot of those songs. And as far as drumming goes, if you can play it RB on expert.....you could probably play it on a real drumset. At least most of the easy songs are like that.

My problem is getting used to playing those songs as the game tells me too. Black Hole Sun, for example, where there is lots of room for fills and stuff i usually play differently, ad lib a bit when I'm playing the song on real drums. But then when I get to RB I have to forget how I usually play some parts, and play it like it tells me to. And that sucks....cause of the 50 something songs on there I already knew how to play about 20 of them.

I think the most fun I've had, was getting my brothers mic stand and playing guitar and singing at the same time. Me and my brother are both pretty musically inclined, so after putting the drums on lefty flip he picked up the drums (on medium/hard at least) fairly quickly. So we switched it up and we were doing "The Hand that Feeds." I already know the words cause that's a sweet ass song. So I was playing guitar and singing at the same time.....I got a lil too into it........My mom didn't stop making fun of me all night :lol:

I like it more than GH3 too actually.
But I only really wanted it for the Timmy and The Lords of the Underworld

yes! rock band is the ****! guitar sucks compared to the GH3 controller but it's a better game overall.

Yeah, it's great except for the guitar. I'm still waiting to get mine back from repair. Oh well I didn't buy it for the guitar parts.

I think the guitar I use at work is screwed up... sometimes it seems like when I play simple stuff like Attack that's pretty consistent (a million green+yellow in a row, etc.) I miss a note here and there (or overstrum, it's hard to tell) even though i'm pretty sure i'm alt strumming it perfectly... I also had a problem with the overdrive not going off but I figured out how to hold the guitar so it does so easily. The strumming is still bothering me though...

Back