roms

Tcgnr7992

WiiChat Member
Nov 7, 2007
youngstown ohio
Wii Online Code
8587-8243-0023-2412
hey a friend of mine gave me a disc of a bunch of nes roms. My question is if i find this game on the vc, would i be able to take these roms off of an sd card and put them on my wii?

No
In order to legaly use roms you need a copy of the game

Tcgnr7992 said:
hey a friend of mine gave me a disc of a bunch of nes roms. My question is if i find this game on the vc, would i be able to take these roms off of an sd card and put them on my wii?

No, because the games you download from the channel include the emulator built into the rom. You can't put roms from your PC on there. Just use an emulator.

Actually you can run roms on the wii but it requires a little bit of hacking. Also I found a site where you can download vc games from rapidshare and put them on your wii. I won't say where because I'm not sure if it's against the rules here.

haha nice save, i had the emulator and stuff on the disc so i didnt know if maybe castlevania(which is on the disc) could be transferred by sd card to the wii

1 thing i have to say you have to own the carts if you have the roms. sorry but the law says so. break the disk man. nintendo does not like stelers

Tcgnr7992 said:
isnt it supposedly legal if its not esa protected?
I think there is a loophole somewhere.

Emulating consoles is legal, but the roms are illegal.

Tcgnr7992 said:
isnt it supposedly legal if its not esa protected?

Nintendo makes it clear that they hate all roms

ok well i dont really use teh disc and i have an n64 emulator but i own the games i have for it

Roms are only legal under the condition that you own the original game and you back them up your self and do not distribute them or give them away in any manor united states law says you can have one backup copy of any software which you own a license to and nothing else.

Back