roms

Conan the Librarian said:
I think its funny how you guys say things like "quick! break the disc!!!".......

So I guess none of you goody-two-shoes download music or speed in your car 5 MPH over the limit (those of you that drive). I will put money on most of you downloading Anime illegally.

Im not going to advocate stealing, but um, Im not worried about what nintendo thinks. Some of you guys sound like Nintendo Nazi's sometimes, like when I have a simple complaint, and you guys try to burn my dick off with a bic lighter, b/c no critisizms are accepted, so It wont surprise me when some of you loyal secret police members turn me in to your leader for saying I demo a game before I buy.

Im not going to hold it against nintendo that they've basicly had 50% of all my earnings over a lifetime, but Im not going to buy any of their rip-off VC games until I emulate them. Most of those garbage games are A JOKE.......if I downloaded any of their Gyromite, Wrecking Crew, Loderunner bullshit, I would be PISSED. But Ive learned to slow down my VC purchases anyways, ever since they started making flawed games. You know, Punch out has a deadly 1 second delay, Mario Kart goes too fast on most levels and you spin out on every turn for no reason (have to pump break all the time where you didnt before like you are going over bannanas). Tecmo Bowl has no names, yadda yadda yadda. Its ok for nintendo to be dishonest and give us games that are worse than they were 20 years ago???????????????

So, lets hear some of you cry how "nintendo doesnt like that" or "the law says.....", because I dont care:lol: I am as big a NIntendo fanboy as any of you, but Im not going to lay down in the road and let Mario take a piss in my face either. I will try a game for 3 seconds before I buy it, and they should and could have the demo option if they had half of a soul, but that wouldnt work for them . They are TRYING to **** us into buying their games that sit in the fleamarket in mass quantity. (I dont know what you call a fleamarket in England). It IS like the fleamarket......there are just 20 copies aof Rambo and Karate Kid, but nothing you give a damn about. Its like buying a used car that the dealer mysteriously wont let you sit in or crank up before you buy........NO THANKS.

Sweet! I will get permabanned on my 300th post!
EXACTLY!!!! besides you cant find most of these games on my disc anyway in any store so how would it support the gaming industry if theres no industry to support!

LOL I love how people say that the VC games are poorly emulated thats a load of bs the vc games run just the same as they do on their original systems if not better.

Roms they are illegal unless you own the original game and YOU are the one to back them up and DO NOT distribute them other wise they are strictly illegal if you own SMRPG and want to get a copying device to emulate it on your ds go ahead and do so but dont upload it to the internet thats illegal

Link_of_Hyrule said:
LOL I love how people say that the VC games are poorly emulated thats a load of bs the vc games run just the same as they do on their original systems if not better.

True
The UK gets big ol borders and a drop in speed
Oh its like the 90s all over again.

Link_of_Hyrule said:

Im sorry , but you are very very very wrong, and as I stated before, If I am downloading a game that doesnt have all the features as its original cartridge, them WTF? They are badly ported.

Who here has played at least 1,000,000,000 games of mario kart? ok , well one of you tell me that you dont spin out all the time for no reason at all (at least with light karts like toad, i dont play heavy karts, therefore their physics have changed) on the VC version. Its terrible. Its like I am hitting a bannana every time I take a decent turn. When you know the feel of a game because youve played it a million times, you just know the feel of it. It spins out all the damn time now.

I dont mind some levels being 2X the speed either, like you havent noticed that and are defending nintendo blindly, but its not the same as the original and is therefore badly ported. Ghost data cant be saved right? another flaw.

Who here has played Mike Tysons Punchout on VC? There is a delay that makes the last 6 guys impossible almost. unless you master the delay of course. I havent tried plugging in a Gamecube controller, since it isnt wireless, but im about tired of juggling 6 controllers.
Who likes the fact that the buttons are backwards on Super Mario World? making it hard as hell to play??????????

I could think of more, but that shows you (since those are by far some of the best titles I think, compared to all this trash they release) that the best games they have available, are badly ported.

But hey, I give you guys credit for trying to do the right thing.........:yesnod:

I would just buy the points, download the games, and be happy knowing that I didn't steal them.

LinksDarkSide said:
I would just buy the points, download the games, and be happy knowing that I didn't steal them.

whats that? no attempt to combat my argument? Thats right. Just so you know, Ive spent over $100 on VC. Hey, whatever makes you feel better.

And Im sorry that I played the first stage of wrecking crew on my computer, saw that it was the shittiest game ever, and then didnt buy it. I know that you didnt receive a paycheck that week, because that somehow relates to children not buying copies of Wrecking Crew for the NES at your store????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Now that you mention it, can you save me an advanced copy at your store of Back to the Future for NES>?

Well I guess that I didn't really notice anything wrong with the games but that still doesnt give you an exscuse to steal games

I'm sorry, we don't stock NES games at this time. Sorry for the inconvenience, and please visit EB games again. We buy games from you cheap and sell them for more.

lol, it's not easy to re-code a game and make it as small as possible. some features may have been removed for the convenience of space for more vc titles. what's more important, being able to save ghosts or to have a larger library of classic games at your disposal?

we all know the answer. i don't download roms, vc is the way to go... i dont like ripping off nintendo. but i do agree that downloading a rom for the purpose of checking out the game before spending money on it, is acceptable.

LinksDarkSide said:
I'm sorry, we don't stock NES games at this time. Sorry for the inconvenience, and please visit EB games again. We buy games from you cheap and sell them for more.

Thank you for your assistance sir. No problem. I was gonna run down there and get wrecking crew today, but i'll just wait till you stock NES games again................

MEh there are still some placeies that sell NES games Over ere
Gamestation and Cash "we know sod all about the stuff we sell" converters spring to mind

Sweet heavenly Christ, could Conan write longer posts? Just seeing how long it was bored me to death.

Last edited:
Back