how to play roms on wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

fun4stuff

WiiChat Member
Feb 3, 2007
does anybody know if it is possible to play NES/SNES/N64/GC roms on wii yet? like by placing on SD card?

yeah thats the only way I know to get classic games on the wii

Byuakuya said:
why dont you just download the from the shopping channel?

from what i see right now, shopping channel is not offering that many games. plus, i own a 100s of NES/SNES/N64 games in total... it kind of sucks to have to buy them again. i wish there was a way to submit a serial number or something to prove you own the game then download for free... or an ability to play roms.

fun4stuff said:
does anybody know if it is possible to play NES/SNES/N64/GC roms on wii yet? like by placing on SD card?

This type of thing is illegal

i did not think it was illegal to play roms if you owned the game?

I already own plenty of NES/SNES/Cube/GBX games, however I would buy them again as my consoles are stored in the loft. The Cube games I would re-purchase if they were controlled by the WiiMote.

theres no emulators ported for the wii so u cant play the roms..and no homebrew yet.. but theres emulators ported for the gamecube since the wii are able to read gamecube files .. if u have the right files and right equipment its a simple hack.. heres a how to site below .. its been out for over a month already.. so far all my emulation and homebrew has been on the original xbox.. i cant wait til what the wii can do..

http://wii-news.dcemu.co.uk/running-homebrew-and-emulators-on-the-wii-console-tutorial-44842.html

anekin007 said:
even if u on the original game its still illegal to have the roms heres some info direction from nintendo

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp
The only reason why it is illegal to run ROMS and emulators is because there is no proof that you own the game, so how is nintendo supposed to know that you own the game or not? Now what i don't understand is, if I own the game for the console it's meant for, if I go somewhere, how can I legally play the game on a portable console? And even if they did sell the same game for a portable console, why pay for the same game twice?

Well what about games like Diddy kong and 007 since Nintendo wont put up the cash to get the rights to (games Nintendo should still own) so if you are playing TOMS your never see on the Wii Im fine with it but games like Mario Kart and Zelda buy the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back