roms on sd?

Its hard to quote and answer your questions when they are all split up like that. You should use the edit feature.

All I need is that SDloader pack from datel and the roms and emulators to run off of that sd card right? Then the two controllers to be able to control them.

Do they make a version of mame for the gamecube?
Yes and Yes

burned disks are bad for the drive and i'd only run a disk of emulators, i'd still buy my games legally as there's not THAT many games that a person needs for a system anyway, 50 bucks every month isn't that bad for say 12 games a year, which should be plenty. So...anyone know what the best/cheapest mod chip would be in order to run an emulator disk? Also, hopefully solderless?
Burned discs arent bad for the drive. It was only a rumor that the GC discs were burned backwards.
In fact the GC discs often had junk data on them so that the game was stored closer to the outside edge making load times better. When you download a copy of the game from someone who knows how to rip them properly the ISO can be significantly smaller than the disc because the junk data was removed!

There is no such thing as a solderless chip. They were all vaporware. I suggest looking to an open source chip because they are updated the most often.

can you save your gamecube games to the sd card loader thing on your sd card?
Do you mean save points?

It was seriously a pain in the ass to copy and paste all your questions. If you had used the edit feature I could have just hit the "quote user" button once.

Back