Routers

I don't see why It wouldn't.... Anyways thats what I use and it works Great! I don't know about 360/PS3 though...

I have the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connector, which works with my DS, but not my Wii, and Lynksys router, model WRT54GS, which once set up correctly, works like a charm.

How do you set it up correctly, I have the same one and can only "kind of" connect............

Well I don' know what your specific issues are, but I went to the routers address (not via nintendo's troubleshooting site). The address is http://192.168.1.1 This will bring up different setup options. Click on the wireless tab to set your network mode to mixed, DHCP server enabled, and channel 1 (or channel 11). Also under the wireless tab click on the wireless MAC filter and click disable. These were the things I needed to tweak, so I don't know if this will help you.

Hey everyone! I'd like some help connecting my Wii to the internet.

I have D-Link DI-624 router. Everything and anything I try, nothing will work. I've tried the steps on the Wii over and over again. I've tried rebooting everything. The Wii is in the other room, so it's not like it has to go through metal, walls, and such things. When I click "Find an Access Point" it finds it, but then when I put in the key and hit OK, it cannot connect to it. Any help?

Also, people have told me to change my security settings on my router through my computer. How do I do this? I've tried many times and still can't find the right thing / not doing the right thing. People have also said to change the router channel to 1 or 11 because those are rarely used, but I can't seem to figure that out either.

I'm thinking about buying a Nintento Wi-Fi USB connector. Are they any good?

Any help appreciated!

Last edited:
brief12 ty for an awsome post cuz, i have the WRT54G an i had they same problems like that one guy. Sometimes it wouldnt connect , while other times it did. Now, with that website u gave out, i could optimize everything =).

But could i do anything else to get the upmost optimum performance out of my router, other than what you just said about the mixed servers, mac filter off, DHCP enabled, and channel 1?

I have bought a Netgear Wireless G router.

Set-up: The router and the Wii are both in the same room.

Connection: I have yet to have a problem with it by far.

The router: Netgear wireless G router is really simple to set up. It has a set-up wizard so even if your not Technology challenged you can do it!:yesnod:

Price: I paid $50(including tax) at Bestbuy.
(It would be cheeper at Radioshack which is $39.99(on sale)-$45 but it was sold out.)

The only other thing I know of would be to go to the lynksys website and register your router; from what I have seen in other discussions lynksys does not have the best record with regards to support issues on certain of their products, so beware. There is a guide you can access through your Lynksys Easy Link Advisor shortcut that seems to be pretty in-depth concerning optimum use of your router among other things.

DGMisa said:
I have bought a Netgear Wireless G router.

Set-up: The router and the Wii are both in the same room.

Connection: I have yet to have a problem with it by far.

The router: Netgear wireless G router is really simple to set up. It has a set-up wizard so even if your not Technology challenged you can do it!:yesnod:

Price: I paid $50(including tax) at Bestbuy.
(It would be cheeper at Radioshack which is $39.99(on sale)-$45 but it was sold out.)
I have the same router and my wii and router are in the same room but its not working:shocked:

Im using a Realtek RTL8029 AE, I cant connect. Ive had 12 different errors, and Ive tried everything this site and others, have said to do.

have linksys wrt54gs, wpa personal with aes enabled, set to mixed mode B/G,
ensure mac filter is enabled with wii mac add. in place.dhcp set to auto.ch11.
try not to use wep as it is very insecure, it actually transmits the pass word!!. another tip is to limit the number of dhcp addresses the router can issue,(worth checking if you have problems)you only need 1 per wireless item you have.
5 star router connected 1st time :cool:

minto said:
I have the same router and my wii and router are in the same room but its not working:shocked:

If you set up the WEP then you need to do that your wii as well. Did you make sure your WEP key was enter on your wii so it can access it?

what methods did you try so far on it to make it work?

linksys befw11s4 ver 2 snafu

worked great BEFORE i bought a wii. the wii would not connect to the internet regardless of what i did, and i did ALL of the suggested solutions on this and other forums. buying the wii wifi usb dongle was a suggestion, but it did not work.

after wasting 6 hours of repeated trial and error i researched alternative wireless routers. i decided on the dlink dir655. GREAT CHOICE. the router replacement took 15 minutes. it would have taken less but i changed the routers default ip address to match what the linksys had.

i powered up the wii, had it find a network, clicked on my ssid, all i did was enter the wep key and i was on the internet. the upgrades took place in a few minutes time, and i was able to see weather, news, etc via the wii.

the dlink dir655 was $120 at circuit city, and worthe the money - i wanted to go from G to N anyway.

dlink dir655

a real winner! i wasted many hours trying to get my linksys befw11s4 g wireless router working with the wii.

20 minutes after unpacking the dlink dir655 i had my home network back up AND the wii communicating through the internet. 120 bucks well spent at curcuit city

Back