sad story

ecko MAN

Banned
Nov 30, 2006
so.. im at my dad house 4 x-mas

than i end up staying there for 5 day and miss boxing day

so i called up my mom and told her that i changed my mind and wanted a 360 instead of wii so she went and got one for me (the bundle)

than the day that i get back i set up the whole thing and then i start playing ghost recon and about 2 hours fly by than i remembered see'ing on the t.v. that when you turn the 360 around the light changes (the one that tells you how many ppl and playing) and i notice a scratching sound so i poped out the game and it was all scratched

IM FURIOUS has this ever happened to someone here ?

It happened because *you're not supposed* to move the Xbox with a disc in the tray. Sorry to sound flaming dude, but it's in the manual. A lot of people have been complaining about that (mostly when the Xbox stands vertically).

look up disc repair on google for some tips on how to buff out the scratch. anyways this should only happen if you move the console while a game is being played. its rare to happen to a console that is standing still

Always remove the disc before moving the console. Also you can easily fix this. Just take some toothpaste and put it on a paper towel and wipe it onto the disc. Then take another piece of toilet paper and add a bit of water to clean off the toothpaste. Once you have done that dry the disc and hopefully it should work again.

Syntax said:
Always remove the disc before moving the console. Also you can easily fix this. Just take some toothpaste and put it on a paper towel and wipe it onto the disc. Then take another piece of toilet paper and add a bit of water to clean off the toothpaste. Once you have done that dry the disc and hopefully it should work again.
dident work

That is pretty sad, but really, it's your own fault. You should've read the manual, it's not like the system's going anywhere.

I always make sure to read the manual when i buy something new, especially something expensive..

TheCostOfLiving said:
That is pretty sad, but really, it's your own fault. You should've read the manual, it's not like the system's going anywhere.

I always make sure to read the manual when i buy something new, especially something expensive..

Unless you have a query, I guarantee you that 95% of gamers do NOT read the manual. Even so, this is common sense and has been since the release of the Playstation.

Well this happened to me sorta, only I thought I hadn't taken the disc out before taking the 360 over to my brothers house to setup. Unfortunately I plugged in the power before I arranged the console...waaaah.

Anyhow my Full Auto had a serious gouge, I took it to Game Quest and they resurfaced it for like $8, guess it wasn't a bad lesson for $8. At any rate the disc looks brand new now. But you will probably have to take it to a professional disc scratch remover, I seriously doubt that one of those skip doctor gadgets will be able to remove a serious gouge.

Tjharwin said:
Unless you have a query, I guarantee you that 95% of gamers do NOT read the manual. Even so, this is common sense and has been since the release of the Playstation.

I guess that just goes to show that I'm smarter than 95% of people that play games then. :thumbsup:

since i just bought it like 6 days ago ill just return it for the same bundle and tell them that this one doesent work hahahaha and ill keep the batteries unless they ask for them...
my step dad told me that you need to put all of the things into the bags.. is that true ?? PLEASE REPLY QUICKLY

ecko MAN said:
since i just bought it like 6 days ago ill just return it for the same bundle and tell them that this one doesent work hahahaha and ill keep the batteries unless they ask for them...
my step dad told me that you need to put all of the things into the bags.. is that true ?? PLEASE REPLY QUICKLY

If you don't want them to examine everything too closely I would make it look as much as when you purchased it as possible.

man ive got one to my old game cube woud only play 007 but then i got a wii [sorry iv that was discusting] and im stuck on twighlight princess.

ecko MAN said:
do you think they will replace the console ?

Pretty sure they will, stores are very good about returns around the holidays. Some don't even require receipts.

WOW, thats good on my part.. im about to eat supper than my step dad and i are going to walmart to replace it.. keep your fingers crossed for me :wink:

ill let you guys know what happened after

(o)(o) <-- Bo0b$

Back