Scariest moment of your Life

Speaking of epilepsy, I forgot to mention my seizure, not only is it scary to watch, it's bloody scary to go through as well.

Now, I don't have epilepsy, actually, I'm in particularly good health for someone as lazy as myself and my graphics teacher had forced me to go on a school trip. There was only a couple of people going and I got out of biology, so I thought I'd go.

Having been fine all morning and getting half way through the tour of... Manchester Airport (yeah, that's what my school calls a trip) I started to feel a bit faint, then I told my friend and she said "We'll get to sit down and eat in a minute." So, the last thing the tour guide was saying I felt my head throbbing and going really heavy. Then I started losing my balance.

Unaware of anything, I really thought I was going to die for no apparent reason. But, the worst part of it was really going blind, not a common characteristic of seizures but I had it. Well, hate to break it to you people, your life does not flash before your eyes, I was thinking "OH MY GOD, I'M GOING BLIND, I'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING AGAIN, BUT, WHAT IF I DIE?" instead of letting the good times roll. Then a girl in front of me said "You okay, Emma" and I replied with "No" and collapsed on the floor.

Thinking I'd have been passed out for two minutes I started to gain consciousness, still being blind and couldn't speak properly (for God's sake it's hard being scouse already) I was just mentioning "I can't see, I can't see, I really can't see" then it started coming back to me, but only the bold dominant outlines were coming out.

Then I had to go to hospital for the first time of my life and be tested on, I was insisting I was fine, and I really was fine but they decided to do tests on me, and, oh, turned out I was fine.

It happened in the airport cafteria where everyone was eating and a large area occupied by a lot of members of the public. I started falling over a bit so I was in a wheelchair, but, all's well now.

Turns out I hadn't been knocked out for two minutes, it was 15.

My friend said my lips turned blue and my pupils fully dilated but I did not foam at the mouth.

Worst part is I was with my teacher and not my mum in a city completely foreign to me.

BrandonMcAuslan said:
When I was a kid (6 or 7) I was on holiday in Greece. I was walkin along a beach eating an ice cream, and I passed a dude renting deck-chairs. He had this tree next to his shed thing, and chained to this tree (I kid you not) was a little f*cking monkey! It was like the ones that hang out with guys turning a music box handle on old tv shows - (I doubt this happens in real life) You know what I mean...
Anyway this little sh*t looked at me. Jumped right out of the tree right onto my shoulder and proceeded to rip into me with his viscous little f*cking monkey teeth. Had severe cuts on my arm and above my eye ("very" close to my eye), and obviously being a little dude was pretty distressed.
Had to go to a greek hospital (and the greeks are not renowned for the comforts of their hospitals) to get stiches & injections etc...
Its prob not the scariest thing thats happened to me but its the funniest scary thing - and thats what counts.
Another funny thing was my mother couldn't speak greek so to try and explain what had happened to the doctors she was doing charades - pretending to be a monkey, goofing around- funny as hell. (Funny in the sense you are laughing at her and not with her)...

I now have a natural distrust and fear of monkeys.. True story.

You got mauled by a money and your mum acted like a monkey playing cherades in a greek hospital and now your scared of monkeys.

Wow, That story, would of been scary but funny as anything.

A car coming at me in the wrong lane in a blind turn...I was on my motorcycle (F4i). Luckily no collision, the car was about 2 ft away from me. For my buddy in front it was probably just a few inches. Earlier in the same ride there was a near miss with a dumb deer.

lots of bike near misses, no crashes yet though. Well except for dropping my bike in the parking lot or gas station...doh :) .

I was in a Chinese restaurant, eating pot-stickers.

"Mmm..pot-stickers," I mused.

I placed one in my mouth, biting through the soft outer layer and into the juicy pork, savoring each and every moment. And then I accidentally swallowed.

"Oh G-d," I said in terror. "IS THIS THE END?!"

And then I grasped about for a good 10 seconds making stupid spluttering noises before I finally forced it back up.

Imagine if I'd died...death by dumpling :cool:

bonodo said:
car crash
i changed my mind:

i got into a fight in a bowling alley and i woke up on the floor with blood everywhere and not being able to move, but it was nothing bad

Hmmm, thats a hard one, I have absolutely no fear of death so not alot of stuff scares me :lol: Ahh now i remember, when i was 8 i was wathcing this huanted house thing on tv and ive had to sleep with my door open ever since :(

Like what others have said being lost in a store or mall is really scary. When it happened to me, i was about 6 and I wondered off to go get a hershey bar. when I got back to the clothes rack where I left my mom, she was gone. i walked around for about 15 minutes with tears in my eyes until finally, I saw my mom. Honestly one of the scariest moments of my life.

Right now I can't think of anything else. Too much on my mind...

My cousins and I were playing Hide-and-Seek like at midnight. We see like a little girl looking out the window. SHE LOOKED LIKE THE ONE FROM THE RING!! Every once in a while she would stare, then go away. I was terrifies! Then all of a sudden, a Car's lights goes on. I was thinking HOLY $***! Then I see a shadow run back and Forth in the house. Scariest thing ever.

That or almost getting run over

Well the scariest moment in my life I actually don't remember it. Better off to say it was the scariest moment for my family.

When I was a couple of months old I was diagnosed with spinal meningitis. A very rare disease that attacks your brain and spine. The doc told my parents that if I lived that I would be mentally handicapped, but they gave me a single digit chance of living. The doctor probably would have given me no chance at living a normal life.

I haven't had many scary moments to my recollection. The only ones I recall were my car (Honda del Sol) being only a few inches from flipping over into a ditch and more than likely killing me, or a head on collision I had recently in my current car. Luckily my car was bigger than hers and she broke her arm and I was not injured.

Edit: I was once thrown from a moving car that was only doing about 20mph, not really scary just an intense roller coaster ride.

tijuana1 said:
My cousins and I were playing Hide-and-Seek like at midnight. We see like a little girl looking out the window. SHE LOOKED LIKE THE ONE FROM THE RING!! Every once in a while she would stare, then go away. I was terrifies! Then all of a sudden, a Car's lights goes on. I was thinking HOLY $***! Then I see a shadow run back and Forth in the house. Scariest thing ever.

That or almost getting run over
dude, u probably just saw some animal of some sort...i mean the cars lights going off then shadow running around was a conveince..it just scared u cause it happened at the same time..

like i said on the first page, i was on the bakc of my dads motorcycle(its a road king so its a bit big)and my dad saw the traffic ahead in the left turning lane and then he shifted his 100% attention to the car in the other lane thinking it was gonna go into our lane right in front of us..so the traffic ahead, still getting closer and closer, he just noticed the guy had no taiol lights flashing...then we were like 15 feet away from running into traffic ahead..my dad paniced and hit the back brakes and they locked up, and then the next thing i knew we were skidding...my dad almost dropped the bike onto the kerb, which was not a flat kerb, it was those square kind ones...so then the bike just kicked back fast...i went flying in the are(luckily i had helmet and jeans on) and i was rolling sideways out of control, and if ur wondering if flew into oncoming traffic, no i didnt cause my mom was on her motorcycle behind us..so my mom stopped and i had gotten up in time to see my dad save the bike, he stiffened his leg on the ground like a peg, which he pulled his muscle in his leg doing this..i ran to the side of the rode..i was hit hard in the side and i was breathing hard..the ambelince came and there we're like 4 cop cars there..i was scrapped from my jean rash, cause it scrapped up against me to hard, and i looked and my helmet and it had this long scratch where it said "harley davidson"..from that moment as a kid i knew id never ride a motorcycle again...my mom was mad, because she had to take the riding classes and my dad didnt..so that was cheap..so now, three weeks after the crash, my scratchs are all better :)

Hmm.. the most recent one that I can think of was several months ago when I was drifting (sliding your car.. look it up if you don't know) around this parking lot, went waaaaaay too wide and discovered a pole I hadn't previously seen. Thankfully, I managed to avoid it. But I just about wrecked the fabric on my new racing seat in the process if you catch my drift (no pun intended)...

lol. Yeah, this was an 8 cyl TRANS am. Makes all the difference. :p

Back