Sell Wii For 360?

shikes said:
Im considering selling my Wii to buy a 360. Why? because the Wii has **** games. A few days ago EA ***ked us Aussies over buy removing multiplayer from Medal of Honour Heroes 2 and still not even releasing information about it. I was so hyped up about this game because of 32 online multiplayer. And what does the Wii have for the future? Brawl, Mario Kart...but what else? The answer is basically nothing. Yes there might be Animal Crossing, there might be Pikman, there might be Starfox, there might be Zelda, and there might be another Metriod but that seems very slim. Also what are the chances that they screw us Aussies over again? I mean, we dont even have a set release date for Brawl. It could be pushed back to December for all we know, or since they love to ***k with us they might not even release it over here. Tell me what you think i should do, cause so far im on the side of selling my wii and buying a 360.

Wii: Lol Your Right , The Wii Has **** Games But The Only Reason Why I Got A Wii is because is SSBB And Zelda.

Xbox 360: I Have One As Well , It Has Kick Ass Games But The System Only Has Good Shooting Games , Fighting Games , Sports Games. So If You Like Any Of Those Genres Then Get A 360.

Apple Guy said:
Some of you should follow my motto
If its microsoft, its broke

Oh and one other people say
The only day microsoft will make something that doesn't suck will that be the day it make vacuum cleaners
I swear there isn't a percentile of bias in that post :lol:!

Bran said:
Wii: Lol Your Right , The Wii Has **** Games But The Only Reason Why I Got A Wii is because is SSBB And Zelda.

Xbox 360: I Have One As Well , It Has Kick Ass Games But The System Only Has Good Shooting Games , Fighting Games , Sports Games. So If You Like Any Of Those Genres Then Get A 360.

Shooting games, fighting games and sports games are all alot better on wii bcus of the control system.

Thats opinion, not fact. But by average reviews, the controls are actually hurting the Wii games with a few exceptions.

The average sports game has severely worse reviews than 360.

Wii isn't even good for fighting games IMO. I think Nintendo thinks this also because they are allowing Gamecube and Classic Wii Controller for SSBB. Which im going to use my Gamecube controller for SSBB.

Shooting games should be good with FPS, but so far its been fun in a arcade sort of way. People thought FPS would be real good on Wii but so far 360 is still ahead on that because it just controls better.

But like I said, most of this is based on opinion...

T3kNi9e said:
Thats opinion, not fact. But by average reviews, the controls are actually hurting the Wii games with a few exceptions.

The average sports game has severely worse reviews than 360.

Wii isn't even good for fighting games IMO. I think Nintendo thinks this also because they are allowing Gamecube and Classic Wii Controller for SSBB. Which im going to use my Gamecube controller for SSBB.

Shooting games should be good with FPS, but so far its been fun in a arcade sort of way. People thought FPS would be real good on Wii but so far 360 is still ahead on that because it just controls better.

But like I said, most of this is based on opinion...

Well T3kNi9e, you have some good points. I think that the reason FPS controls stink on the is because most developers aren't used to them. How many years have they been making games on consoles with traditional controllers, like 15 at least. Its gonna take a bit of time before the formula for great Wii controls are perfected, not just for FPS', but for all games.

Dorkfish said:
Well T3kNi9e, you have some good points. I think that the reason FPS controls stink on the is because most developers aren't used to them. How many years have they been making games on consoles with traditional controllers, like 15 at least. Its gonna take a bit of time before the formula for great Wii controls are perfected, not just for FPS', but for all games.

Closer to 30 years but whos counting..lol

This is just an introduction to new gameplay, Nintendo isn't going to force everything with the Wii functions for the same reason they didn't just stop making SD and ED t.v's when HD came out. It's a transition period, you give the people a taste of it and slowly increase it untill it becomes standard.

Reviews themself of sports games/fps come from people with strong opinions and normally fans of Xbox/PS because they are the ones that support the majority of these type games.
It's not that the wii-mote is inferior, it's the fact they arn't fans of Nintendo or they just can't get over the 30 years of joystick use that has been bred into them.

Eventually all games will include this motion control technology "look at ps3's last minute decision to include it", and i would guess as it gets better the point technology will be incorporated too specially in FPS/sports/fighting where you own personal hand eye coordination will play a factor in how well you play a game.

Its not that these are better controls just different. In gaming the worse thing you want to do is keep things the same but i think we have hit our limit of how many buttons we can add to a controller unless they want to include spare fingers or a fairy you can yell at to press the other buttons.. ha ha

If you dont like it your probably gonna be depressed as the new gen system come out and include more and more of this technology. I like the fact i have to learn all over again, it atleast makes it challenging.

wezeles said:
Closer to 30 years but whos counting..lol

This is just an introduction to new gameplay, Nintendo isn't going to force everything with the Wii functions for the same reason they didn't just stop making SD and ED t.v's when HD came out. It's a transition period, you give the people a taste of it and slowly increase it untill it becomes standard.

Reviews themself of sports games/fps come from people with strong opinions and normally fans of Xbox/PS because they are the ones that support the majority of these type games.
It's not that the wii-mote is inferior, it's the fact they arn't fans of Nintendo or they just can't get over the 30 years of joystick use that has been bred into them.

Eventually all games will include this motion control technology "look at ps3's last minute decision to include it", and i would guess as it gets better the point technology will be incorporated too specially in FPS/sports/fighting where you own personal hand eye coordination will play a factor in how well you play a game.

Its not that these are better controls just different. In gaming the worse thing you want to do is keep things the same but i think we have hit our limit of how many buttons we can add to a controller unless they want to include spare fingers or a fairy you can yell at to press the other buttons.. ha ha

If you dont like it your probably gonna be depressed as the new gen system come out and include more and more of this technology. I like the fact i have to learn all over again, it atleast makes it challenging.

First person shooters????

Everyone hates aussies its not just Nintendo... maybe its not as high of demand but my god for what you guys pay a prostitute should come in ever console box not just a game...

Even CoD4 doesn't have a dedicated aussie server from what ive heard, almost sounds like you should start your own game companys there that are dedicated to aussies first, and everyone else second.

JMHO,

I have nearly every game system.

The Wii is kind of boring, as theres not enough games for it. I have the original NES from 1987, Mario anything has gotten boring a long time ago. Wii sports is kind of fun but certainly not intense enough to play once a week. I play the Wii only 4x a month or less.

Xbox 360 is very fun for online gaming. I play Rock Band every day for 2-4 hours. COD4 is very intense too. So is Forza motorsports 2 with the steering wheel is really great!

I'm more of a people person, so I really like the online gaming part (rather than gaming alone). The Wii doesn't offer that EASILY + not very many online games.

The xbox system matches you up to other gamers too.

PS3 so far has been a blu-ray brick. Rock band on it, does not match you up with others, less songs to play. Online is free, but boring (less people). I have played the PS3 once, it was too boring.

My opinion: sell the Wii now while its still rather hard to find & make some good money on it. Let someone else buy it for its "potential".

Re-buy it in a few years when its cheaper.

Buy the xbox now for FPS & online gold membership. Download movies with it too (we do). You won't regret the xbox IMO.

Back