Shall I buy a Wii or save up for a Ps3?

I look for good graphics... no point having a HD TV without having a console that will look good on it, so I got a PS3... And I love the games on the PS3, that too. lol
Wii looks completely crap on my TV, reeeally need a way to fix that. I always have to make the screen smaller :( Stupid Wiiiiiii

save up for the ps3 cause it will have a price drop this holiday with a spiderman 3 game. Also, has the cheapest blue-ray available so its worth it. Casual for wii, hardcore for ps3.

sagema said:
Nintendo announced they plan no price drop in the near future. Pair this off with the delay of SSBB you may want to wait. Also if you were like my friends, good luck finding one even now. Buy the 360, because it's been out longer and has far more games. If price is a big deal give this whole thing another year and play more of the PS2. I'm still playing FF12, and the game is great! Of coarse I'm also addicted to VC, which is evil. Since the games are sooo cheap I often get one every other week.
sagema. why would the drop the price of a wii?! its 250 dollars. if they dropped it any lower it would be about 150. meaning you could buy an ipod video more expensive than that.

the sales say it all:

wii : 12 million
ps3: 4 million

not a small difference....... i'd say you first buy wii for now, and after 2-3 years (when more ps3 games are released and price drops) you can buy ps3....

almost 7 people who saw wii in my house got one!!

if you are looking for REAL fun get a wii

if you are looking for graphics get a ps3

*wii graphics might not be as good as ps3's but they are very good as well there is a difference but not as big as they make it to seem.... :) wii graphics are better than ps2 but worse that ps3...... :p

The bulk of most gamers do not own a next gen console. They are still buying the PS2 in mass. It's a fact most gamers are waiting for a $150 price range. 12 million units is a nose bleed compared to the PS2's 115 million! I'm not sure how the financial situation is for most people here, but the average consumer does not spend a lot of money on entertainment in the US.

sagema said:
The bulk of most gamers do not own a next gen console. They are still buying the PS2 in mass. It's a fact most gamers are waiting for a $150 price range. 12 million units is a nose bleed compared to the PS2's 115 million! I'm not sure how the financial situation is for most people here, but the average consumer does not spend a lot of money on entertainment in the US.
speak for yourself i and a lot of other people i know have all three next gen consoles

PS3 (40 gigs, but no PS2 compatibility) on November probably.

I got a Wii for now (I love it), but when the price drops I will get a PS3

XBOX 360 is too unreliable and breaks easily, avoid it

sagema said:
I'm not sure how the financial situation is for most people here, but the average consumer does not spend a lot of money on entertainment in the US.

care to back that up with a resource or is this another thing you are pulling out of your ass? lol Your facts are a lot like unicorns... sexually questionable and imaginary.

PS3 (40 gigs, but no PS2 compatibility) on November probably.

I got a Wii for now (I love it), but when the price drops I will get a PS3

XBOX 360 is too unreliable and breaks easily, avoid it

same with me, agree!! ;P

Shiftfallout said:
care to back that up with a resource

It's not so much if it can be supported with documentation - pretty easy to find material from the US Census Bureau, Jupiter, etc., that breaks down the per capita consumption of leisure items (unfortunately these resources don't have discreet breakdown for videogame consoles :lol: ).

My question would be: what's the metric for "a lot"? If the average leisure expenditure in the US is ~7.5% (of income - for some reason that number sticks in my head), I think you'd probably see a wide range of videogame/DVD to "other" expense ratios across the target demo.

minto said:
speak for yourself i and a lot of other people i know have all three next gen consoles

Well the most people that could have all three - since you have to "at least" have the subset of the lowest ranked value - would be 4 Million (i.e., everyone with a PS3) worldwide, what's the US sales numbers? 2M? Out of a demographic of 15-35 year olds of ~100M? Plus assuming everyone of those people HAVE all three?

I think the people who have all three are a pretty small percentage - you have to keep in mind people who tend to have more than one, circulate with people who put having more than one high on their list of priorities. They also likely direct an skewed percentage of what I mention about US leisure expense toward owning videogames.

Pretty good food-for-thought thread (minus the namecalling and whatnot).

Buy a Wii, trust me it's worth it, and not only does the PS3 costs more, but it also hasn't that many original games.

Back