Skyward Sword was the best game I have ever played...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bojadada

WiiChat Member
Feb 23, 2012
Have you ever played a game that's practically absorbed you into its universe? To the point where it feels like nothing exists but you and the game itself? Skyward Sword is one of the games that's done that for me, along with Wind Waker. I've never played a game that's done that before, I'm looking forward to the next Zelda game. Skyward Sword was emotional too, something I definitely wasn't expecting. Just the Zelda series in general is phenomenal, it's unbelievable how good they are. I wish their were more video games like this but then again, that's what makes it so unique, that there's no other games like that out there. Just wanted to let everyone know how much I love Zelda games haha.

I felt this world was plenty big. Sure, there were only three main areas (4 if you include the Sky), but they were all so big.

D:

How so?

I would have liked to have different bosses instead of fighting two of them three different times. Also there wasn't much involvement from the new races that were introduced aside from the mole people and androids. I like how the world is set and how the environment changed drastically in the forest area.

skyword sword has been a pretty amazing game so far(havent beaten it) but wow if theres only those three areas that ive already beaten, it seems kinda small then. honestly i love twilight princess! first zelda game i ever played and beat and since ive played many and they are all so good. I love the Legend of Zelda series!

Where are you in the game? You unlock more in each area during certain points in the game, you know.
I would have liked to have different bosses instead of fighting two of them three different times. Also there wasn't much involvement from the new races that were introduced aside from the mole people and androids. I like how the world is set and how the environment changed drastically in the forest area.
Ghirahim is the main villain, it's natural that you fight him a lot. And the Imprisoned doesn't take the place of any other bosses, really, so I don't see what the big deal is. It's not like they scrapped two bosses so you could fight the Imprisoned two more times.

Great of a game that SS was, I've gotta agree with everyone; not to diss the OPs opinion or anythin'.

The Sky was bloody empty... All I did in the Sky was Skyloft junk, getting goddess chest loot, and taking that annoying trip to and fro the thundercloud more times than I'd like. Wind Waker's ocean of water had more to explore than Skyward Sword's ocean of clouds.

Fighting the Imprisoned three times was... annoying. By the time I was doing boss rush, I didn't want to slash another toe or smash another sealing spike ever again. Though, I have no qualms with fighting Ghirahim thrice; fun fight, and plenty relevant to the story. Though, he really should of been more difficult in the final fight...

Speaking of which, the game was way too easy. A game doesn't need to be difficult to be awesome, but even with Hero mode, I breezed through relatively easily. Ninty claimed it was the "hardest Zelda game yet" in the commercial, though... And thanks to Hero mode, I suppose that is true. I guess I'd say that the bosses needed moar difficulty, both in Hero mode and in Normal mode. Like how Shadow of the Colossus' Hard mode worked; not only were the bosses more healthy, but you had to do something(s) extra to off 'em in round 2. Bosses only did more damage in Hero mode, their patterns didn't change, and they didn't get new moves... This is probably the stupidest thing I'm bitching 'bout though lol.

ALSO, your last two hearts were from life metals. I have serious beef with this, since I had EVERY heart piece besides one (the rickety coaster minigame one; didn't even know the minigame existed until a friend mentioned it) by the time I finished Hero mode. If there were another eight heart pieces instead of two life medals, that'd get another hour of (most likely fun) gameplay. It was a tad lazy of 'em IMO.

Perhaps I just have high hopes and overly strong critique for the game celebrating a series' 25th anniversary, I suppose... No game can be free of problems after all. SS was still an epic game.

Have you ever played a game that's practically absorbed you into its universe?

That's a sign that a fantasy game's designers have done their job. When music, story, and gameplay all fit together so seamlessly, if you're left undisturbed to play such a game, it's pretty easy to really get into the zone with it, and I'd say SS did a good job of it too. Immersive games ftw.

The sky could have used more stuff. The number of islands was fantastic; it's just that most of them were so barren. I can think of like 5 islands that actually had a good amount of stuff on them; the Pumpkin Island, the island with the bamboo minigame, the bug hunting island, Island of Songs, and probably one more that I'm forgetting about.

Skyloft was great, though. The townspeople were likable for the most part and it was pretty big. Shame you can't land in more places after skydiving, I hate how there's so few spawn points there. =/
ALSO, your last two hearts were from life metals. I have serious beef with this, since I had EVERY heart piece besides one (the rickety coaster minigame one; didn't even know the minigame existed until a friend mentioned it) by the time I finished Hero mode. If there were another eight heart pieces instead of two life medals, that'd get another hour of (most likely fun) gameplay. It was a tad lazy of 'em IMO.

I'd say it was more of an attempt to make the game a tad more difficult. Instead of just getting two hearts and having them stay there, they have to take up space in your inventory.

it's just that most of them were so barren.

If you want to call all those floating boulders islands, then... sure, why not. ._.

But yeah, that's the main problem I've got with the sky. No point in having a bunch of destinations if there's nothing there but chests you have to activate some place else...

And yes, I really wish that the goddess chests would just be on the surface for god's sake.

the Pumpkin Island

The Lumpy Pumpkin was nothing more than two heart pieces, and a few sidequests...

the island with the bamboo minigame, the bug hunting island

Those two islands were just two minigames and a goddess chest... ... ...

Island of Songs

Had goddess chest(s?), repetitive cutscenes, and a single puzzle.

... You certainly don't ask for much in terms of content, do ya Nick? :lol: Guess you're more humble than I am in that regard.

I'd say it was more of an attempt to make the game a tad more difficult. Instead of just getting two hearts and having them stay there, they have to take up space in your inventory.

Having the Life Medals outside of Hero mode just makes things easier; in Hero mode, they're only helpful half the time, but just one of 'em makes the game easier, so long as it gives you an odd heart total (allowing you to take an extra hit, basically). You shouldn't even bother having both of 'em anyways (your fourth empty bottle with a potion is much smarter if you don't have it on ya already). The only way it makes the game harder is that those two hearts can't be used in Boss Rush (nothin' from the pouch is usable or in effect, besides your shield of choice). Boss Rush on normal mode is a joke in comparison to harder games' boss rushes, and on Hero mode, one or both medals would only afford you an extra hit anyways. If you might end up needing that extra hit, you probably wouldn't be good enough to conquer Hero mode's boss rush anywho.

... I haven't complained this much in a long time. :lol:

... You certainly don't ask for much in terms of content, do ya Nick? :lol: Guess you're more humble than I am in that regard.
Meh, I would have liked bigger islands too.

Having the Life Medals outside of Hero mode just makes things easier; in Hero mode, they're only helpful half the time, but just one of 'em makes the game easier, so long as it gives you an odd heart total (allowing you to take an extra hit, basically). You shouldn't even bother having both of 'em anyways (your fourth empty bottle with a potion is much smarter if you don't have it on ya already). The only way it makes the game harder is that those two hearts can't be used in Boss Rush (nothin' from the pouch is usable or in effect, besides your shield of choice). Boss Rush on normal mode is a joke in comparison to harder games' boss rushes, and on Hero mode, one or both medals would only afford you an extra hit anyways. If you might end up needing that extra hit, you probably wouldn't be good enough to conquer Hero mode's boss rush anywho.

... I haven't complained this much in a long time. :lol:
.....umm.....

I just meant that it's a little bit harder in normal mode to have extra items in your pouch, as opposed the getting the Heart Pieces and just having them stay there. I never said it made much of a difference at all.

Although having more Pieces of Heart would open doors for more sidequests/exploration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back