So, I get to play Brawl Today... / Ask Prez about Brawl

spiff-ssbb said:
^ how are oyu finding ledge guarding? and the new air dodge system
I personally don't like the new air-dodge but most of my friends did. It's cool though being able to do stuff after.

Edge guarding is a lot harder as not a lot of characters can do it so easy. The only way to really do it is kind of like Jiggly's wall of pain from Melee. Just constantly combo them out. Actually guarding from the ledge has proven a lot more difficult. Projectiles help.

Ledge-hogging rarely works because of the good recoveries but still works magic on Shiek, and a few others.

EDOT: Yea I'll get to your guys other questions later. Got some stuff to do.
EDIT:EDIT*

Last edited:
^ thanks for the insight. cant wait to play. ps. hope snow isnt toooooo bad.... gotta do some plowing soon LOL

Cpt.McCloud said:
Feelings on sonic?
I didn't like him. The 10 or so people I was with didn't like him. As a character he is great, I love him. But just because we like him does not mean he makes a good smash character. Jokes were constantly made about how all he can do is roll up into the ball, and every button you press just does the roll thing.
He moves very fast and has a great final smash. But for competitive smash I just don't think he makes the cut.
But, me and my friends are very serious smashers. So to anyone who is reading this, I'm not saying you will not like him. This is just how we felt.

MySims said:
Yes, i have a few. How is zero suit samus? is she fast? do you think i should play as samus, or metaknight in the tourney tonight?
Never really got to try Samus or ZSS. From what I've seen she is decent.
But for a tournament tonight, assuming you don't have much experience playing Brawl, go with MK. He is extremely easy to use right from the start, and has a lot of great features. Only problem is that a lot of other people are probably using him as well.

Prez said:
It is a Japanese version. For all legal purposes, lets say he went to Japan, bought a Japanese Wii, and Brawl, and came back here.
Haha...exact same case with my friend...he got the "legal" version... :shifty:

Prez , once the weather is more Spring like we should do what we sort of discussed about doing awhile back, having a little Ontario members Smash meet-up.

Although I guess we could play Online with each other, but in person would be rather neat. I am up for it anyways.

CantGetAWii said:
Prez , once the weather is more Spring like we should do what we sort of discussed about doing awhile back, having a little Ontario members Smash meet-up.

Although I guess we could play Online with each other, but in person would be rather neat. I am up for it anyways.
Oh for sure.
Ontario-wide may be asking a little much. But GTA (and surrounding areas) may be do-able.
And your right. It would be way better to have it in person than to just play online.
I mean, I've gone to random GTA-wide Smash events, which is pretty much just random people's houses with a bunch of strangers. And everyone gets along fine. If we could find a decent place to do this it would work out great.

How is Bowser? He seems like a fun character to play as (if not a cheap one)

Subarnu said:
How is Bowser? He seems like a fun character to play as (if not a cheap one)
Never really got a chance to try him out. He was one of the characters that just didn't come up in any of our games.

Really didn't focus too much on either of those. I didn't play with Mario, and when I played PT I liked Charizard and Ivysaur a lot more than Squirtle.

alright cool

one more question i've been dying to hear the answer for a couple of months, but you probably won't be able to answer this

does this move of snake change for certain characters

snake_070921c.jpg

i just cna't see it working on samus, bowser, metaknight

Back