So is "funner" an actual word now?

Sovieto

Banned
Aug 6, 2006
It's used so much and now I've noticed people don't correct their peers on it as much. Also today my English teacher used it... I know the term "more fun" is correct but why hasn't this just been added to the dictionary already? Is this like the last line of defense for literature geeks everywhere?

"It's not 'funner'! It's more fun you idiot!!"

Depends on what our all knowing over lord thinks.

So sovi, whats your final say?

:lol:

I am not much bothered by all this new language, words get shortened, new words invented etc.

The member doth protest to much me thinks.;)

Cpt.McCloud said:
Depends on what our all knowing over lord thinks.

So sovi, whats your final say?

:lol:

I am not much bothered by all this new language, words get shortened, new words invented etc.

The member doth protest to much me thinks.;)
:)
i say it is a word but this is not a knowing question.

of course its not a legit word but do you think it will become one in short time???

Sovieto said:
:)
i say it is a word but this is not a knowing question.

of course its not a legit word but do you think it will become one in short time???

Likely, the vocabulary gets affected by pop culture a lot so I dont see why funner wouldnt fit into the equation.

Oh but if we added all terms that were commonly used the English dictionary would be exactly the same as the urban dictionary.

I don't think it's a word to be put in the dictionary, I use it, but it's only used for colloquial. I could cough out a lot of scouse slang right now that I use in speech but I'd never ever dream of putting them on an exam paper.

Frogger said:
Oh but if we added all terms that were commonly used the English dictionary would be exactly the same as the urban dictionary.

I don't think it's a word to be put in the dictionary, I use it, but it's only used for colloquial. I could cough out a lot of scouse slang right now that I use in speech but I'd never ever dream of putting them on an exam paper.

Yeah I agree.
Sometimes when I am talking with friends etc. it just slips out you know.
Its easy to say.

But I wouldn't write a paper using it or anything.

does he "Funner" or "Funnier"?.....im confused....:lol:....wait....there different.....-smacks head-.....

Last edited:
I don't think so but it should be. I always use funner in class and the teacher says "No such word"...

It definitely shouldn't be a word, then all similar words would have to be added, e.g. boreder, iller, tireder, etc. It would sound so stupid talking properly with all of them words.

I don't think it is a word, but half of my jargon wouldn't be considered words either, but with "funner" *shudders* it just sounds terrible, and like someone else said, it makes whoever is saying it sound like an idiot.

funner sounds pretty funny, funner funner funner....say it a bunch of times, it gets more annoying than reading it a million times on these forums :lol:

Back