Sony releasing $600 BR players

Yes. Yes they did. They are really gonna hurt PS3 sales with this move.

umm...anyone think its a strategy?

they make the customer think:Why would i buy a $600 blu ray player when i can get one and a game system and tons of features for $600?

Sovieto said:

they make the customer think:Why would i buy a $600 blu ray player when i can get one and a game system and tons of features for $600?

What if you don't want the extra features? As I see it, now people don't have to buy a PS3 if they don't want to. But Sony is probably screwing itself one way or the other, either the stand-alone BR or the PS3.

Thats exactly what I thought! Still the price of a PS3 is ridiculously high when compared to the 360 and the Wii so I don't think its going to have a huge impact in sales. Its possible though that people will think shouldn't I get a BluRay player alone so I know for sure that it will work and I'll get the best quality I can get?

I told you people over and over again. If you are buying a PS3 for the Blue Ray function alone, you are an wasting your money. Just like when $1000 DVD players launched, they were more expensive than the $200 PS2. But in a short time their price dropped dramatically to $50. Soon Blue Ray players will be far far cheaper than buying a PS3. Never justify impulse buying. Sit back, wait for a price drop on any over priced new technology.

Common sense goes a long way.

Sovieto said:

True, but many people want it because it has a cheaper blu-ray player than the others. Come to think of it, this is a 50-50 gamble by Sony. This will either hurt or save their gaming division, depending on what more people want out of the PS3.

You people are ****ing stupid. Why would a gamer get a blu-ray player, when you can get a ps3 for 600$ as well. It won't hurt sony at all, but will rather pull out people who wouldn't buy a ps3 anyway. How do you stupid ****s think it'll hurt them? I'm REALLY tired of this Nintendo dickriding. You can be a fan, but don't suck the "Big N"'s penis, please.

WeToYou said:
You people are ****ing stupid. Why would a gamer get a blu-ray player, when you can get a ps3 for 600$ as well. It won't hurt sony at all, but will rather pull out people who wouldn't buy a ps3 anyway. How do you stupid ****s think it'll hurt them? I'm REALLY tired of this Nintendo dickriding. You can be a fan, but don't suck the "Big N"'s penis, please.

BYTavi21.jpg

I see your point Wetoyou but I would rather have a dedicated Blu Ray player instead, imo. But the PS3 is the best deal, it's two for one.

On another note, dam. Should have waited a month before I got my Blu-Ray player :(

Then seek help, people on online forums shouldn't get you mad, you can go to one of the ten billion gaming sites on the net too.......

I'll be honest, and say that if i was rich, and wanted a blu ray player , I would get the ps3 as it has additional features, however the same is true if the blu ray player will still up at $900, so I don't think it really changes anything, maybe if the blu ray players come down to 200-400 it may make a difference.

WeToYou said:

Hey, genius, Sony is selling both stand-alone BR players and the PS3. Sony is hurting so bad that it has to cut the price of the BR players. Gamers may get the PS3 but non-gamers MIGHT get the BR player. Sony is in a lose-lose situation with it losing buttloads of money either way. It's quite possible to see a stand-alone BR player get another price-cut, giving people more incentive not to get a PS3.

Face it, Sony is going to get hurt either way. The "Hear no evil, see no evil" tactics employed mainly by Sony fanboys just blinds them from the truth. Oh, and watch who you call stupid because I'm far from it.

Back