Sony: Wii is a "sub-element" of PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remax Realtor said:
anybody who likes star wars is guaranteed never to get a woman.

Listen to all of you little guys. Saved up all of your hard earned allowances just to buy a nintendo wii. I cant blame you. If I had to save all of my money to buy system that cant display peoples legs, real words, or capable of graphics above gamecube, I would defend it too. From the last few replys, im guessing most kids in here are under 12 years old which is what the wii is targeted towards. I will stick with my ps3 which is targeted towards adults. Maybe when you guys grow up, you can have a big boy system too :thumbsup:

Guaranteed to not get a woman because a person likes starwars? Are you absolutely joking? Im so sick of this targetted to kids, your all 12 blah blah. Your probably some jerkoff in his moms basement spewing about how mature the ps3 is, because it makes you feel somewhat of a man. Let me tell you something I can purchase these "big boy" systems as you call it at the drop of a dime, I choose not to. Sony has shown on numerous accounts they dont know that the hell they're doing. SWG anyone? The PS3 is not "bad" because it has more titles, it has better graphics or "Blu-****ing-ray" My computers graphics make your ps3 look like children are designing the games. The wii offers innovation and fun, I can live without the Ps3

Hey guys :) just wanted to say I'm 19 going on 20, I have a wonderful girlfriend, been with her for 3 years and we're both looking forward to the Wii (she so wants to play Elebits). I saw it today finally and I Was amazed at its size, incredible, I know its graphics are not comparable with the PS3 and 360 (but then I've played both, Viva Pinata/Ridge racer 7 wasn't impressed with viva and got ridge racer was poor visually I felt). Its the only console I've found where people are so excited by it, I was listening to a kid of about 14 and his grandad in Game and they were both looking forward to it, never heard of that from the PS3/360. Now I will get a PS3 a few years down when I MAY have a HD tv just for FF games and the fact there were a load of brilliant games on the PS2, however those games weren't made by Sony they just used their console so in the end its the games that sell a system, not the system.

Taero (2 days to go ^_^ anyone in Hull UK by any chance?)

now that im done schooling u in economics, lets have my JD take over a little bit and tell u that ur 2 clauses in the same statement contradict each other
I guess the mode here is to throw credentials into the ring before making a comment, so I have a degree in Econ, but it's mostly Keynesian Macro theory, for what it's worth.

It's hard to school someone when you use internet shorthand. The condescension and 12 year-old internet grammar rules really contradict one another.

There's a lot more to this issue than simple prices and units sold. Goods are judged by demand curve shapes as well as where equilibrium prices are at.
I would suggest, albeit without data, that demand for PS3's is not inelastic enough for them to be selling at this price and maintain a very high rate of sales over more than the very short-run.

Someone generate a cross-price demand curve for Wii and PS3 and we can start to talk about Econ a little more. Otherwise, we're pretty much speculating. Would the PS3 dominate at $400 with an adequate supply while the Wii would whither? If you gave consumers their choice of a bug-free copy of each, what would the splits look like?

It'll take at least a year or so for all of this to shake out to the point where we can begin to crown a king. I'm in the Wii's corner, because I already have a nice computer and think the Wii's gameplay is great. However, that doesn't mean everyone will react in the same manner.

mothershipconnection said:
now that im done schooling u in economics, lets have my JD take over a little bit and tell u that ur 2 clauses in the same statement contradict each other
I guess the mode here is to throw credentials into the ring before making a comment, so I have a degree in Econ, but it's mostly Keynesian Macro theory, for what it's worth.

It's hard to school someone when you use internet shorthand. The condescension and 12 year-old internet grammar rules really contradict one another.

There's a lot more to this issue than simple prices and units sold. Goods are judged by demand curve shapes as well as where equilibrium prices are at.
I would suggest, albeit without data, that demand for PS3's is not inelastic enough for them to be selling at this price and maintain a very high rate of sales over more than the very short-run.

Someone generate a cross-price demand curve for Wii and PS3 and we can start to talk about Econ a little more. Otherwise, we're pretty much speculating. Would the PS3 dominate at $400 with an adequate supply while the Wii would whither? If you gave consumers their choice of a bug-free copy of each, what would the splits look like?

It'll take at least a year or so for all of this to shake out to the point where we can begin to crown a king. I'm in the Wii's corner, because I already have a nice computer and think the Wii's gameplay is great. However, that doesn't mean everyone will react in the same manner.

Just clarify - I don't have a degree in econ; I just had to take a few semesters of it as part of my business managent program.

the ps3 is a piece of crap... game wise at least, the ps3 is basicly just for show. when a person gets a ps3, they just show it off and rage about it till you cant take it! trust me, my freind has one. its just right now has horible games out. considering that zelda on wii got a 96.7 rating or somthin like that... it seems like nintendo and sony are switching places. like when the ps1 came out, it was the least powerful system but, it had great games. and then the n64 came out, it was the most POWERFUL system... but was not as great as the ps1. im almost seeing a pattern here. im cuncluding that the Wii will get a greater rateing then the ps3.

its just right now has horible games out. considering that zelda on wii got a 96.7 rating or somthin like that...
That's one of the things that isn't even open for debate at the present. Zelda is just so insanely good that nothing released recently except perhaps Gears of War (which I finally get to play at a friend's house in a week) comes close. I'd take Zelda over any 2 games available at PS3 launch.
If you haven't played it yet, believe the hype - it's that friggin' good. If you buy any other game when you buy your Wii, all of your friends and family should disown you and call you "poopy-britches" while they point and laugh.

Sony hyped PS3 so much that they made it seem like it was capable of photo realistic graphics and physics. If the PS3 can synthesize Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children or Spirits Within in REAL TIME, then it would definitely be worth the cash. So far, I still see jaggies and trees look like they were put together with construction paper.

The PS3 is not sliced bread. Sony will forever go down as the company that steals ideas and follows industry leaders like Nintendo.

your an idiot first of all for insulting me for LIKEING the Wii on friggin WIICHAT.COM! all of your friends and family should disown you and call you "crappy-butt" while they point and laugh. and to tell you! i have a wii with zelda, DA! so keep your mouth shut.

XMT said:
your an idiot first of all for insulting me for LIKEING the Wii on friggin WIICHAT.COM! all of your friends and family should disown you and call you "crappy-butt" while they point and laugh. and to tell you! i have a wii with zelda, DA! so keep your mouth shut.

Who insulted you?

Mister Real Estate, Sony is doing basically what you have to do when you're trying to sell a crappy, overpriced house: You hype up unecessary **** to make the deal seem somewhat decent, but when you break it down and really look, that **** isnt necessary and sometimes not even wanted in a house (gaming system, in case you're having trouble following along).

So why don't you run along now and and defeat some "monster crabs" on your awesome Blu Ray player and leave us real gamers to our incredible Wiis. I suggest a PS3 fanboy site to try and further boost your self esteem (you know, to escape your dreaded 'mom's basement' inhabitance) and to try and justify why you spent $500 on a lame-ass "Home entertainment system."

Huh?
I said the game is friggin' awesome, thus backing up what you said earlier.
Also, it's "you're" an idiot, not "your", because you aren't saying they possess an idiot. Otherwise, you may look like, well, an idiot.

re

BlenderWizard said:
You do realize that optical output on your media equipment is for audio, right?

Yep, my ps3, cd changer, ps2, and tv all utilize them. The wii doesnt. I dont blame nintendo, because theres no good games to take advantage of it. I dont know why you asked this question, but i know my home/car audio quite well.

re

BlenderWizard said:
I SERIOUSLY doubt PS3 will ever outsell Wii or 360.

Did you join this forum just to bash the Wii, or what?

Last time I checked, you had to be at least 18 to get a real estate license. How'd you get yours?

I own the wii. Im just setting people straight about the ps3. Lots of misinformation going around.

Btw im 24. Im top 10 in my office of 65 agents for gross commission. Good try though :sleep:

Heres something neat.

Its called putting all your quotes together in one post, and then answering it from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back