Sonys' E3 Press Conference Discussion Thread.

Bodine

Sonic expert
Jan 25, 2009
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Just doin' my part. :D

Anyways, out of all the press conferences I'm mostly excited about Sony.

I wanna see footage for the two Metal Gear games and God of War 3 more than anything else.

I'm hoping more light will be shed on Uncharted 2.

God of War 3 and maybe stuff about Army of Two: The 40th Day.

i'm also hoping for Bioshock 2 stuff but since that started on the 360 i'm expecting Microsoft to handle that

Expect Sony to give reasons as to why we should buy Final Fantasy XIII on the PS3 and not the 360

i got one! FF is a playstation Franchise ever since it left nintendo. that and i'm not gonna bother with a 360 version when the ps3 version is superior(usually)

I'm betting SquareEnix has some exclusive material for the PS3 version.

Above all though, I'm looking forward to the (possible) price drop.

i got one! FF is a playstation Franchise ever since it left nintendo. that and i'm not gonna bother with a 360 version when the ps3 version is superior(usually)

Usually 360 versions are superior, actually, but that's because it's easier for developers to figure out how to get the most out of a 360, whereas the PS3 hardware is more difficult to understand (though I would argue it makes for better results). But if a game's developer has already been familiar with using the PlayStation 3 (example: Kojima Productions), that's where they will have the best quality.

If I were going to buy FFXIII, I would also get it for PS3 for these reasons:
1. Don't have to swap discs.
2. Audio quality is probably going to be better since it doesn't have to be compressed on a Blu-Ray.
3a. Square Enix has been spending MUCH MORE time on the PS3 version
3b. ...whereas the 360 version is going to be a ported version from the PS3 version (and ports are usually worse in overall quality).
4. Square Enix are probably going to have more care in the PS3 final product since it's exclusive to PS3 in Japan.

Last edited:
cant wait for this
i just watched the nintendo press con and the only thing i like was the new samus oh and the cartoon maker on dsi

I'm hoping for a price drop announcement, as that will drop the prices of used consoles which I might buy.

Not much longer :D

Back