SOTW Contest #9 Applications

Byuakuya said:
Ok, here is my Spider-Man 3 entry:

spideycopynk5.jpg
I like it but I swear there's something missing on the right side.. can't quite figure out what though..

Wiired said:
I like it but I swear there's something missing on the right side.. can't quite figure out what though..
Yeah, I kind of felt the same way about it at the beginning, but then I got used to it. If you can figure out what is missing though, please do tell me and I will try and correct it.
Any other comments/criticisms are also welcome. Thank you.

demonflair said:
Hey Pras can you flip the background horizontally?? Just wanna see if it gets better.
Although the sig is good :)
I tried that, but all the debris appears to be going up. Thanks for the suggestion though.

You almost never want to merge the layer unless it is necessary.

Me too, byuakuya, and demon, you might want to contrast less for the bg. >.< imo

Heres mine currently:
version2ij3.png

Vectored the fitkid myself
Most likely be edited further though, due to blank spaces - not 100% sure yet though.

Edit: For the record, he's a rapper called Common (Sense) and this year has completed filming a movie called American Gangster, meant to be released later this year.

Wiired said:
Heres mine currently:
version2ij3.png

Most likely be edited further though, due to blank spaces - not 100% sure yet though.

Edit: For the record, he's a rapper called Common (Sense) and this year has completed filming a movie called American Gangster, meant to be released later this year.
That's great Mike. The render doesn't (for some reason) look quite vectored right to me. Then again, i'm not exactly a Pro in that department either...Love everything around Common though, takes a creative soul. :] I've never tried doing a vector sig, but I hope to some day.

ssbb_lover said:
That's great Mike. The render doesn't (for some reason) look quite vectored right to me. Then again, i'm not exactly a Pro in that department either...Love everything around Common though, takes a creative soul. :] I've never tried doing a vector sig, but I hope to some day.
Thanks. I actually re-did it all (the vector) and I felt that having everything perfectly straight and such didn't really suit the sig, so I scrapped it and went back to this :) ta again.

Wiired said:
Heres mine currently:
version2ij3.png

That looks so nice, you are probably going to win...

Oh he is in Russell Crow's movie too, cool :cool:

EDIT* That Common guy is in Grindhouse too.

Last edited:
Back