SSBB: Brawl Attack

Borch712ers

Deleted
Jan 1, 2007
Yes, I do realize that there are a zillion (understatement) other threads about Brawl. One more thread wont kill you, plus, I think that this thread will actually be somewhat interesting.

So, apparantly in SSBB there is going to be a 'Brawl Attack' that characters can use. For those of you who do not know, "A brawl attack is a new type of attack in the game that you get when you find a Brawl badge. A brawl badge is an item you can find." ~Super Smash Bros Dojo Website. It will obviously deal a lot more damage than even a smash attack, in most cases serving as a finishing move. What one's have we seen so far?

These are the brawl attacks that we know of so far:
mario's (tons of fireballs)
kirby's (boils enemy in a pot)
link's (triforce slashing)
and the wario waft (super fart)
Along with speculation (not yet confirmed) of samus' (charge beam)
~Credit Stranger

What are my thoughts on the Brawl Attack? After first impressions I do not like it. The SSB series was always known for its' characters being completely equal, and I think this changes that. If these 'Brawl Badges' are just found by breaking open a box, than it will be unfair. Instead of a game of skill, SSB will be turned into a game of luck by the rules of "First one to find a Brawl Badge wins." Although, I do trust Nintendo's judgement, and hopefully they will prove me wrong.

So, what are your thoughts pertaining to the Brawl Attack?

EDIT: Please refrain from asking generic questions about SSBB in this thread, choose one of the other zillion Brawl threads to do that in, this thread is strictly about the Brawl Attack.

Last edited:
the ones we know of are:
mario's(tons of fireballs)
kirby's(boils enemy in a pot)
link's (triforce slashing)
and the wario waft(super fart!!!)
the clip with the huge blast from samus hasnt been confirmed because the background behind her when she does it isnt the same as all the others when they do theirs. personally, i think the brawl super attack is a great idea, i can imagine a few other character's super attacks right now
heres my ideas,

celda link's attack would be the finishing sword through the forehead from wind waker

pikachu's would be some sort of crazy awesome electrical storm that just hits every one everywhere,

pit's could be a bunch of rapid fire homing arrows that explode on impact or something

snake could radio in and have a bomb dropped on the battle field killing everything but him

the possibilities are limitless really, what are your ideas for other character's brawl attacks?

fox's could be a call in attack from his ship that takes aim at the other opponent, instead of randomily firing everywhere

When you think about it Pokéballs were the same way

capitanm1 said:
The most POINTLESSS.

i thought if it was in the water, it would do something, so I kept wasting pokeballs in the bay stage by throwing them in the water, hoping goldeen would show up and do something. :tard:

i recon ganondorf should whip out his sword and you could use it for a minute or so before it disappears

I could careless about a brawl attack. I just hope Nintendo knows there are hardcore smashers out there and realize we don't wanna use this attack or items. I just hope the online features allows us to turn off brawl attack and items.

Suavion said:
I could careless about a brawl attack. I just hope Nintendo knows there are hardcore smashers out there and realize we don't wanna use this attack or items. I just hope the online features allows us to turn off brawl attack and items.

agree 100% The Brawl Attack is a good addition, but I will be extremely pissed if you cant turn it off while playing online (for the reasons that I alrady stated).

FWELR said:
well not goldeen....

Well, if you actually played SSBM a lot, you would know what goldeen can do. I someone was to perfectly land on goldeen, whoever landed on it will directly die and lose a life.

The thing is, the pro games (and alot of other people that play ssbm) turn the items off, saying the brawl attack will be imbalanced, is like saying the home run bat is inbalanced, i.e We know. Its just there for fun and to show off a little bit.
Maybe in the online option items can be turned off? Also to justify the balance, everyone can pick the item up.

Where is everyone getting the information on this brawl attack and/or how it basically KO's everything. I personally don't beleave a feature as such would be added I could see a super strong attack, maybe one each player is only allowed to use once per round but nothing like an instant KO. As for speculations one thing I must say, I'm really sick of the people saying the charged up electric ball thing is Samus's 'brawl' attack, that move has been in the last two games hasn't it?

Okay I AGREE that we should have the OPTION of turning off the badges or w/e they're going to be called along with items. But Nintendo did what we're talking about in Brawl so why wouldn't they give us the same options again in Brawl. However I don't agree that the "hardcore Smash Bros player" only plays with NO weapons. Thats a load of crap. The game is fun BECAUSE of the items and stuff. I love the excitement that it brings to the game. However I do agree that it also brings luck into it. But a REAL MASTER can win a game even with items turned on IMO. But I do also like a great match w/o weapons. Although they do take logner and sometimes get boring.

Back