Stop slating the Ps3

---Brian--- said:
Im British, Slating over here sort of means to bully, or to have a go at something or under-estimate it. And i dont know about Americans, but at christmas our parents buy us presents, im 16 and this still happens for me? anyway a Ps2 at christmas was normal for us, and the Ps3 will be also, like 6 of my pals are all getting Ps3's for there christmas off thier parents, maby use americans are just to tight to afford these for presents? and no im not rich, and not spoilt, im well-off thats it. £400 isn't all that much when it comes to Christmas in the Uk. Im from Scotland btw=)

Not bad. Good to know its slang. Does your family equally give to everyone else as well? I know its quite common over here for families to give presents to all the cousins aunts sisters brothers grandparents ..ect so it adds up quite a bit. I think the wii is cheap and delivers, therefore a perfect present for just about anyone.

Grats on getting a ps3 though, get ready for some good times ahead.

---Brian--- said:
Im British, Slating over here sort of means to bully, or to have a go at something or under-estimate it. And i dont know about Americans, but at christmas our parents buy us presents, im 16 and this still happens for me? anyway a Ps2 at christmas was normal for us, and the Ps3 will be also, like 6 of my pals are all getting Ps3's for there christmas off thier parents, maby use americans are just to tight to afford these for presents? and no im not rich, and not spoilt, im well-off thats it. £400 isn't all that much when it comes to Christmas in the Uk. Im from Scotland btw=)

Well there you go. your parents are not getting it for them. they are getting it for you. if your a kid then you wouldnt understand the consoles anyway. simply because, what would you care about spending 600 bucks for a console. then not be able to play many games? you didnt pay for it. we work and buy stuff that we want with our own money. when it comes to that we as adults think about investments. (if i spend this 600 bucks what am i getting?)

what im saying is what do you care about price? you arent the one thats spending the money or pounds whatever. i dont know about where you are from but here when you are 16 you can get a job. if you worked for the money you would jump up so quick to get a ps3. u would do a lil thinking about it.

Yay! It's gonna be a "I have a job and you don't! *thumb to nose*" flame war!

Seriously, though....When you work for money, you DO stop and look at what you're buying. You may be looking at something high priced, but then you see something that does basicly the same thing that is about half the cost, it catches your eye. It's like a used game. Do I buy the used game that is cleaned and repaired, a third of the price of a new one, or just buy a new one? Used sounds good to me.

VampiricLugia said:
Yay! It's gonna be a "I have a job and you don't! *thumb to nose*" flame war!

Seriously, though....When you work for money, you DO stop and look at what you're buying. You may be looking at something high priced, but then you see something that does basicly the same thing that is about half the cost, it catches your eye. It's like a used game. Do I buy the used game that is cleaned and repaired, a third of the price of a new one, or just buy a new one? Used sounds good to me.

thats what im sayin. not only that if you are working that means you have bills. unless you can still live at home and work but why would you want to? plus sometimes parents dont know any better. they go buy the ps3 and think a game comes with it or they get a game they THINK you will like. that is if they dont have the game you told them to get.

I personally think the PS3 is overkill.

All it has are good graphics and sports games. If that's your kinda thing then go for it. Although i wouldn't mind the Blu-Ray Player. Unless you own yourself a Nice TV with HD, the PS3 is a waste of your money.

I thought i heard someone say that PS3's will fly off the shelf earlier.

That's not the Case, We've had PS3's In stock since before christmas, but we can't keep the Wii on the shelf. It's not all about graphics, it's about entertainment value.

Not to mention that the Wii is a hell of alot cheaper. but that's due to the Blu-ray in the PS3. the Players alone are $999 canadian.

Exactly, it;s the Blue-Ray taht bumps the price up drastically. I sometimes wonder what things would be like if the PS3 was cheaper (less $$$). I would love to compare the sales and show them to Sony. They could fix the mishaps and glithes that come in any console at the beginning of it's release.

the ratio of wii sold to ps3 is 2:1 lmao..... But the news is that blu ray cost more than for what sony is selling the ps3 for. so that would mean they are losing big time.

Sony needs to sell some without the Blue-ray. Seriously, just rip it out Sony, make ithe PS3 a lower price, and see how it does. I guarentee it'll sell more.
Home on the PS3 is looking really good to me and so is Little Big World. I hope they both live up to the hype.

Taills said:
Sony needs to sell some without the Blue-ray. Seriously, just rip it out Sony, make ithe PS3 a lower price, and see how it does. I guarentee it'll sell more.
Home on the PS3 is looking really good to me and so is Little Big World. I hope they both live up to the hype.

That won't work. PS3's Games are on Blu-ray discs.

the PS3 is $705 after taxes, and a blu-ray player is 999 before taxes.

Shiftfallout said:
Im impressed you read it all. I was totally expecting "i didnt read it but i dissagree with you, go outside and step in Sh**".

The wii definately is its own console, i feel it lacks the functionality of the PS3 in its open ended system capabilties and mass storage, and it lacks the solid game selection of the 360. But each system has its pros and cons, just as the PS3 and 360 are lacking the simpe interactive fun of the wii. The wii is a small happy cheerful system, almost as if it has a personality. This is why i believe it makes a perfect companion along with another system.

If you want the things the PS3 can do, your gonna have to get a PS3, if you want the things a Wii can do, you are going to have to get a wii. Thankfully the wii is priced in such a way that its entirely possible to enjoy both without having to pick one or the other.

I tend to play the Wii when im in the mood to play with my body (that sounded bad) and play with the PS3 when i want to play with the mind. If they PS3 is eye candy, the Wii is body candy. They go well together.

That was the most well-thought-out and intelligent post in this thread. No biased opinions or insults, just the plain truth.

Edit: I re-read your first paragraph a couple times, and I started thinking of it as a rock-paper-scissors kind of situation...
You have an Xbox, you can kick the other consoles' asses in game selection,
You have a PS3, you can kick the other consoles' asses in open-ended functionality and availability of peripherals,
You have a Wii, you can kick the other consoles' asses in general/physical fun and nostalgia.
It all works out. As long as you have all three consoles. :(.
But it really just depends on what you want the most.

Last edited:
Agreed, Sony has paid too much money for the Blue-Ray games to be playable on the PS3, taking it out would only mean more money to be paid for the cancekation and Sony will slowly fade away. As I've said, Sony is depending on the PS3 for a huge portion of it's sales. Things are not going well.

declineps3final-thumb.jpg

The sales are slowly decreasing, due to 1 factor that throws them off...the price. Don't get me wrong here, I think the PS3 is a good console despite the fact that it could do good being finacialy better.

I'm NOT a fanboy.

Alexmeadus said:
That won't work. PS3's Games are on Blu-ray discs.

the PS3 is $705 after taxes, and a blu-ray player is 999 before taxes.

Ahh thanks for correcting me. Hmm... doesn't it play PS2 game also? If so, how does it do that?

I think it was a bad idea putting full faith into the Blu-ray and almost making the whole console revolve around it.

Still, I'm probably never going to want a blu-ray player I mean, its good for the people that do, but the people who want just a game system most likely feel they're paying extra for something they'll probably never use, except for the graphics for their games. Well, thats how'd I feel anyway...

FR. you have nothing to explain.... You are not sucking up, so you are straight. I am a nintendo fan and not a fanboy. I like some of the games sony has and mircosoft. But i can't just buy them or settle with them because they have a few games i like. I got to go with which i think will entertain me better.

Yes, I agree with you hotpotato78, in my opinion, it all depends on what games you like, and not the graphics. Xbox and Playstation games never really attracted me and so I've always like all the games Nintendo came out with so I went with the Wii.

Back