Super Mario 3-1 lives trick

markthemusicman

WiiChat Member
Mar 12, 2007
Has anyone been able to do the lives trick at the end of 3-1 on Super Mario? I try, but the turtle goes through mario and down the staircase into the hole. Why would nintendo change such a popular trick???

3-1 lives trick

At the end of 3-1, where the stairs are for the flagpole and the two turtles are hopping down, jump over the first one, and carefully jump on the second one to make it bounce between the stair step and mario. Might take a couple of tries, but what will happen is Mario will keep jumping on the turtle, kinda like a pinball machine. Each jump will add points until you get a 1-up, and after that, each jump will give you another 1-up. you need to let it continue till time runs out, then you will see a strange icon in place of the number of lives. Cant tell you exactly how much it is, but it is enough to get you through the game easily. On the VC, it doesnt work though, I dont know if it was a glich and they fixed if for the wii, but I want it back! Try it out and see if you can do it though, its neat.

wii online code: 4625 1063 1258 4762
wii username: mark's wii

ahh i almost forgot about that.. i remember mastering that on nes in the 80s.. i was liked 3 or 4... but im sure nintendo would fix glitch like that.

Back