Super Mario Bros completed in 5 minutes

wow! Like.. seriously!

Hahah I actually watched this while listening to 'Lee' by Tenacious D, if anybody got it on them or on their pc, listen to it while watching that vid!

thats bull
did you notice that every now & then the picture sort of stops & misses a bit? he has pieced it together & probably has a cheat code as well

I believe its true. He has probably mastered all jumps and timed them to perfection.

he used a program that tries the game over and over with thousands of different combinations, if u look up speed runs on google u will see other runs that to the same thing, some people even give credit to the program their using

Nice vid, too bad its not really "fair" gameplay. He recorded it so that must mean he used an emulator, and with emulators you can set the speed lower to 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 time. So yeah it did take some skill, but he had a while to figure it out.

I did wonder how much of the clip was smoke and mirrors .
Not to say that it isn't real (and it does look really cool) , or even that its impossible .
But it does look highly improbable .

Ive got actual proof that its fake. Made this gif from it just a couple min ago. Pay attention to what goes on. I did not change the path of mario or the enemies.
smb5minmyasswn8.gif

Redan499 said:
Ive got actual proof that its fake. Made this gif from it just a couple min ago. Pay attention to what goes on. I did not change the path of mario or the enemies.
smb5minmyasswn8.gif
Aw you beat me to it..
But yea thats definitely proof enough.
During my first view of the video, I though he was just really skilled, and was able to get very close to them, but some of these "close calls", such as the one you posted, are just too close to believe.

he claims it was beat in five minutes, but that looks sped up too.

Redan499 said:
Nice vid, too bad its not really "fair" gameplay. He recorded it so that must mean he used an emulator, and with emulators you can set the speed lower to 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 time. So yeah it did take some skill, but he had a while to figure it out.
Actually no, He could have recorded it onto VHS and then converted it to his computer. So your wrong there.

But with the GIF you made..... I have no choice but believe its fake now....

Back