super mario galaxy purple coins

Nights, take it from a guy who spent many long, painful hours playing this game. You've just got to keep playing the level until you get it. Strategy is different for almost everyone here. But the best I can really give you is to circle the outside and longjump over distances to gather coins faster.

purple coins - gold leaf galaxy

There's a jump on the upper platform to get to the sling star. If anyone can tell me an easy way to do this jump that would be awesome.

The 2D luigi level is very hard
try doing triple jumps and long jumps to get 100 coins out of 150.

Last edited:
There is always a trick behind every level,

just keep trying.:devil:
An easy way of jumping to the sling star is to run and jump, while you are in mid air when jumping quickly get the sling star with your wii remote to save some time.

Last edited:
I was wondering why I hadnt gotten any purple coin levels. I've beaten bowser once but I only have 31 stars. thanks

I was wondering why I hadnt gotten any purple coin levels. I've beaten bowser once but I only have 31 stars. thanks
The purple coin levels only appear when there is a purple prankster star over the world, if you don't see any prankster stars try talking to the purple luma to make one appear.

The purple coin levels only appear when there is a purple prankster star over the world, if you don't see any prankster stars try talking to the purple luma to make one appear.

ohhh thank you. so I dont need 60 stars?? I just gotta find a purple luma??

ohhh thank you. so I dont need 60 stars?? I just gotta find a purple luma??

Uhhh have you beaten the game with Mario yet?

lol nope. I only have 38 stars. :sad:
Okay well the purple coin levels only show up once you beat the game (as Mario or Luigi) once. Once you get further in the game (if you haven't already unlocked these) you will discover some floating comets called "Prankster comets" which make the galaxy's behave in different ways (you will find out how). Prankster comets come in five different colors, Blue, Yellow, White, Red, and Purple; each different color of prankster comet does something different then the other which you will discover later. The Purple prankster comets can only be unlocked when you beat the game once with Mario or Luigi which then cause (when theres a purple comet over the galaxy) the galaxy's to unlock levels where you collect purple coins.

Your welcome.:)

I wonder if there will be different comets in SMG2.

I think they should bring back the penguin suit and make it into a penguin mushroom.

By the way isn't SMG2 coming out next week?

By the way isn't SMG2 coming out next week?

I'm not sure if it means anything, but Gamestop has the release date set somewhere in May. I forget the exact day, but I know it's in May for sure.

Hopefully it comes out then, because I can't wait to play it!

Back