Super Paper Mario coming to Wii

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
There has been much confusion over the Super Paper Mario game for some time now. With no clear announcement as to which console it will end up on - Gamecube or Wii?

Well according to the latest issue of Nintendo Power magazine, the title is confirmed for the Wii console with a date of April 07.

Here are some other details and info retrieved from the magazine:

Takes place in the town of Flipside, where a giant black hole looms overhead, complete with floating math equations (that old story again huh?!)

Mario gains the ability to change perspective at will, switching from the normal side scrolling 2d view to a 3d view of the 2d “paper mario like” world

Switching camera from 2d to 3d is necessary. Some puzzles can only be solved by switching the camera to reveal new paths on a level

Wiimote is held sideways, 2 button is used to jump, A button to switch view.

Mario collects friends called Pixis that give him special abilities. These abilities make use of the Wiimote capabilities. One Pixi named Tippy allows you to point the Wiimote at the screen to learn more about enemies, or discover hidden passages.

Shaking the Wiimote at the right time when you jump on an enemy allows you to get more points

Graphics have received a noticeable upgrade since E3 videos

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?p=12048

YAY!
Now it will be Paper Mario 3!

Yay for Paper Mario!
I saw a video about mario beaing a boss and the places, it rocks!

This is gonna be so awesome.
I'm excited to play with the sideways WiiMote.
It sounds really fun.
I'll definitely be checking this out.

Paper Mario is the pwnage. The first one would have sold so much better if it was delayed a little to come out on the GCN. Regardless this is going to be one sick game.

yes!! i love paper mario w00t!!!! yes april 7th is so much sooner then i expected, like summer or soemthing, great news!

martin8768 said:
yes!! i love paper mario w00t!!!! yes april 7th is so much sooner then i expected, like summer or soemthing, great news!
it never said april 7th it said april 07 as in 2007

oh wops, oh well april is awsum still!!
add: yah i agree paper mario would fit very very nicely into a DS game and it would rock i wana play paper mario on DS and Wii, oh DS-Wii conectivity!, yah share badges!

Back