Tetris Tourney

drroett

Enginerd
Mar 17, 2007
Lexington, KY/ Milwaukee, WI
Current Number of Entrants: 6
Goal: 16

Entry

Post in thie thread and you have one of two options. Either PM me with your friend code and I will keep them in an eXcel document (only giving your code out to the person you are matched against in each round) Or just sign your name up on the tournament list. The matchings will be posted and the players will have 4 days in which they are to play their games and report the winner. Only one entry per person please. :arf:

Prize
There will be a Tetris themed prize to the winner. I'm willing to ship worldwide and all that jazz so entrants are allowed from all over. I'll release more info on the prize once I go back to the store to purchase it.

Tournament Structure

The Tournament will consist of a number of rounds of Swiss competition based upon the number of participants. These Swiss competition rounds will lead to the single elimination rounds. At the end of the rounds of Swiss, the top 8 players will be invited to compete in a single elimination tournament to determine the final results of the event.

The Swiss competition will take place over the three weeks leading up to the single elimination playoffs. A list showing all of the pairings for the upcoming round will be posted prior to the start of the next round.

All rounds will be best out of 3 games played in standard 2 player mode.

For the first round all matchings will be made randomly and thereafter Swiss round will pair playersrandomly against players with matching win/loss tournement records (or close to).

Tournament Schedule

The start date of the tournament is yet to be determined depending on how many interested contestants we can find. The tentative schedule will be as follows (assuming a Monday start)

1st Monday - Round 1 Matches Posted
1st Tuesday->Friday -Round 1 Matches Played and Reported
1st Saturday - Round 2 Matches Posted
1st Sunday->2nd Wednesday -Round 2 Matches Played and Reported
2nd Thursday - Round 3 Matches Posted
2nd Friday->3rd Monday -Round 3 Matches Played and Reported
3rd Tuesday - Round 4 Matches Posted
3rd Wednesday->3rd Saturday -Round 4 Matches Played and Reported
Possible Fifth Round Otherwise Single Elimination Begins

Match Reporting
To report a match both players must either post in this thread or send me a PM.
Report:
-who won
-how many games each player won (even if one player wins the first 2 games please play the 3rd game, if the loser wins it will help his/her record)

Reporting Matches Fast Helps With Smooth Tournament Matchings!

Standings and Scoring
For each win a player gets they shall be awarded one point. For each round that player wins the winner shall be awarded an additional point. In the case of ties and closer match-ups a vs. win percentage will be kept for each player in the tournament. This will be the % of wins the opponents you have played against have acchieved.

Example 1:Timmy plays Tommy in Round 1
-Timmy wins game 1.
-Timmy wins game 2.
-Timmy and Tommy STILL PLAY GAME 3.
-Tommy wins game 3.
-Both Timmy and Tommy report their matches

At the end of round 1:
-Timmy has 3 points.
-Tommy has 1 point.
-Timmy has a vs. % of 33%.
-Tommy has a vs. % of 66%.

If you have any suggestions feel free to shoot them out and I will edit the rules and make note as needed. If you would like to see future/other tournaments let me know as well. Whether it be another Tetris one (maybe push mode) or another game (Mario Kart 4 way Tourney)

Current List of Entrants:
-cannon
-lloyd yayo
-drroett
-En4Neo
-Grovves
-Mitch2025

Last edited:
I typed up some guidelines and ideas for the tournement today in my CS class but they are in my jump drive which is in the bottom of my backpack and I only have about ten minutes between classes so I will hopefully post them later tonight or perhaps tomorrow morning.

Wow, people play Tetris DS here?

Count me in if it's not too late. I have no idea how skilled you people are, but worth the try.

you've put alot of thought in this, hope it all works out and we get some more people.

drroett great work man i can tell that your putting alot of time into this.

Good news. A friend (who currently doesnt have a DS just plays mine) found a prize today in a store. I won't post the details of it until we go back to get it probably Sunday or Monday but spread the word, the winner of this tournament will get a Tetris themed prized provided by yours truly. I've posted a link to here on a few other forums and on facebook. I'm wanting to post the first braket the monday after easter, that gives us a 10 days to get the minimum number of 16 people. (If we don't have 16 people by then we will still play but I'll have to set the brakets up differently, if we have more additional sets can be added)

Groves said:
I'll do it.

I might not be the best, but I'll still give it a shot.

Also is it GMT+0?

Yeah it probably will be we will be. I mean there's no specific time you have to play your match just within the three day period so a time can be arranged between you and your opponent. :D

Entry Deadline is this Friday April 13th. I will post the prize and maybe a picture of it tomorrow. If we still only have 5 entrants the tournament will just be run with the 5 of us. I'll try to host a Mario Kart Tournement next, or something a little mroe popular.

im up! hopefully ill have my copy of tetris tomarow or at least by the end of the week. same goes with Mario Kart for next week

Prize Picture, last chance sign up while you can.

tetris.JPG

Back