The Goldeneye Remake WILL Fail

The remake is a Flop. I took my copy back to Wal-Mart I did like it.
someone with some smarts. the N64 version is way better and the XBLA version would be way better if Nintendo let it be released. but instead they are going to let their shitty version be the only thing for us to play. dont buy it. show them we want better!

It's an Activision game, not made by Nintendo.

What's your explanation and reasons as to why the new Goldeneye sucks compare to the N64 version? All reviews are in the high 8 and 9 yet I don't see why you hate it so much. I have the game and have finish it and I can say it's great if not one of the best 007 games. Hell it's even better then the Bloodstone game for PS3 and 360 and that's just not me saying as other game reviewers are too. I mean if you think it sucks that pierce brosnan is not in the game then talk to him. Remember that when a game is made depending the licnese his linkness can or can't be used. Then again does that really warrent a bad game? The N64 version you could barely see his face anyhow.

Don't look at scores as reasons to say a game is good. Everyone looks at a game differently otherwise 8 or 9 wouldn't have occurred. I didn't like it for my own reasons. I look at many different things: Controls, Gameplay, Length of Game, Graphics, Cinematics, and in that order. Controls were s****y, Short/Difficult even on operative, short like all 007 games, astonishing/things can actually break away, I liked the intro of Daniel Craig jumping off without parachute.

I had no problem with the game; the multiplayer is a ton of fun, the controls are top notch, and the graphics are half-decent. Plus, you absolutely can't go wrong with split-screen!

I had no problem with the game; the multiplayer is a ton of fun, the controls are top notch, and the graphics are half-decent. Plus, you absolutely can't go wrong with split-screen!
Did you play the original? You would see it pales in comparison. Rareware FTW!

I have the new Goldeneye, and Im enjoying it. I didnt play the original, but this game is still good in my opinion.

Please dont bother telling me that it sucks, thats your opinion, not mine.

Last edited:
This is exactly why companies opt to make rail shooters rather than traditional shooters on the Wii. Because none of the Wii Hardcore market (which is already not very large) wants to support it for stupid reasons. Seriously!? Goldeneye is actually an EXTREMELY GOOD GAME, but due to a few minor complaints everyone wants to call it a failure, I've actually seen someone say they hate the game because you can't slap people like you could in the original....really? Just like DPrinny said in an earlier post, if you go back and play Goldeneye for N64 you might like it for nostalgic reasons, but overall its a dated shooter that lacks many of the modern conventions that make new shooters great. You all did the same thing with The Conduit, same thing with Red Steel 2, and others. If it ain't Call of Duty I guess yall just gonna write it off. This is truly sad.

Last edited:
If it ain't Call of Duty I guess yall just gonna write it off. This is truly sad.
Are you dumb. People hate this remake because it is Call of Duty! Grenade button! Perks! Running! None of that was in the original. You slam people who say this game fails for not wanting modern mechanics in shooters but than say we only want Call of Duty which is the epitome of modern FPS mechanics. Fool!

I really don't understand why people make such a big deal about a video game that they think sucks. If you don't like don't play it! Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to tell everyone that thinks it's decent that they're wrong. Of course the game is going to be way different from the original. With what people like in a first person shooter game today, the have to change if they want to sell. I personally don't like playing a shooter game with no aiming down the sights, so I'd be more inclined to buy this game knowing that you can than I would if you couldn't. I can see that maybe you don't like the modern FPS, but they're aren't advertising to the smaller portion of the people in the country. They're marketing it towards the part of the country that loves the modernized type of FPS, where they'll actually make a decent amount of money.

You want you're original game play it, but since not many people now-a-days have played the n-64 version, they're not going to try to just refurbish an old game and sell it. They're trying to make a new game that they can sell to the new generation of gamers.

If it ain't Call of Duty I guess yall just gonna write it off. This is truly sad.
Are you dumb. People hate this remake because it is Call of Duty! Grenade button! Perks! Running! None of that was in the original. You slam people who say this game fails for not wanting modern mechanics in shooters but than say we only want Call of Duty which is the epitome of modern FPS mechanics. Fool!
That's the exact stupid justification that everyone else has. All of the things you just named are not just in Call of Duty, they have become a staple in the Modern FPS. The best way I can describe the new Goldeneye is a modernization of the old game, its nothing more, nothing less. Its a very solid shooter that takes the best parts of the classic Goldeneye (Split-screen, the storyline, characters, objective based gameplay) and blends it with the best that shooters these days have to offer.

And By the way you must have really misunderstood my statement, I used the Call of Duty comparison because it is the best selling shooter on Wii, not because of any gameplay similarities or dissimilarities. I really hate people like you on the internet who will come on and try to call someone dumb for no reason. THanks for reminding me why I hate Wiichat....newfags like you. I guess I won't be signing on again anytime soon, I have better **** to do than come on here and get pissed off over stupid people like you. I was simply voicing my opinion and didn't deserve the insults.

I just stated that I didn't like the controls, difficulty, and length of gameplay; I wish BOTs were added in multiplayer gameplay so it would have been endless like Unreal Tournament III. You don't need players to have fun, jump in and shoot the other 7 AI CPU. Graphically, it suprised me the in-car cinematic, the amount of details, and the objects I hid behind can tear apart.

Like, Dzapper, you shouldn't have the need for name calling people names, because thats also a never ending battle.

I just stated that I didn't like the controls, difficulty, and length of gameplay; I wish BOTs were added in multiplayer gameplay so it would have been endless like Unreal Tournament III. You don't need players to have fun, jump in and shoot the other 7 AI CPU. Graphically, it suprised me the in-car cinematic, the amount of details, and the objects I hid behind can tear apart.

Like, Dzapper, you shouldn't have the need for name calling people names, because thats also a never ending battle.

And see...those are legitimate criticisms, that I have ABSOLUTELY NO problem with. However when some says it sucks because its not the same game as it was 15 years ago.....that's what I have a problem. I've heard some of the absolute stupidest reasons to hate this game:
1) You can't slap people like you could in the original
2) There is no auto aim, like it was in the original
3) Why did they add sprinting? That wasn't in the original
4) Why did they add ADS (Aim Down Sights)? That wasn't in the original
5) Why are there so many cinematic sequences?
And the list of stupid reasons to hate this game goes on and on and on!! If Activision had made the game the exact same as it was on the N64 they would have gotten smashed by critics and the fans would have hated it. This game is a great shooter and I hope if people don't like it, they at least have some legitimate reason of doing so.

??? I'm pretty certain there were areas you can slap people.

One more thing I didn't like, humans in the real world can place a bomb on an object at any random location. Why can't I place the bombs on the cyclinder containers like that, why are they pre-set? No one is perfect and can't place a bomb perfectly in the center just by eyeing it, so why is it like that?

Back