The next console?

jimbo said:
with the profit nintndo are making they could make a friken atom bomb (sry had to say it)

no but they could make the wii2 as powerfull as they want.

and can some1 explain the logic that sony lose money when a ps3 sells?

It costs more to make it than it does to sell it because it costs so much for processors, blu-ray components and the rest

jimbo said:
ty but why make it when you make nothing

because sony knows that more people are going to buy ps3 with AAA titles coming out like mgs4,ff and others.

CantGetAWii said:
Because the Wii is mainly selling well because of its casual support.
They have good games, but they need better visuals and power.

Casual and good games with alright visuals can only take you so far.

I definately agree with this.

And I don't know who said it but, Nintendo does have more gaming experience.

Oh and at Apple_Guy, I think that is his name. The PS3 takes money to make, yes, it does, but they charge more. Because then what is the point?

The NES cost $199 at launch in the late 80's. The SNES cost $199 at launch in the early 90's. The Virtual Boy cost $180 at launch in the mid-90's. The Nintendo 64 was launched at $199 in the mid-90's. The Gamecube was launched at $199 in the early 2000's. The Wii was launched at $250 in 2006. Does anyone see a pattern here? The next Nintendo console will pack in all the horsepower they can get from an at most $300 (but more likely $250) console while still making a reasonable profit and that's it.

i think nintendo might not be up there with the other companies next generation, but belive me when i say, the next nintendo colse will find a cure for cancer

zapasant93 said:
i think nintendo might not be up there with the other companies next generation, but belive me when i say, the next nintendo colse will find a cure for cancer

what do u mean not there with other consoles?

jimbo said:
ty but why make it when you make nothing

also the more they produce the cheaper the production becomes. so eventually they will make a profit on each console sold. the also assume that you aren't just going to buy the system, but you're also going to get an extra controller or 2, some games, other accessories, and maybe some blu-ray dvds. all of which they do make money on. they were losing $250 per console at first, but that amount is recovered pretty quickly with games costing $50 per(and not many people only buy 1 or 2 most get 10-20 at least) and a controller for $50, blu-ray dvd remote for $20, PS3 Eye for $40, etc. as you can see they get that lost money back relatively quickly, plus since the price of the components they use went down as did other manufacturing costs they are pretty close to making a profit per console by now if they aren't yet.

zapasant93 said:
the next nintendo colse will find a cure for cancer

they're already using PS3's to do that, and i'm not kidding

kyle

smyth said:
also the more they produce the cheaper the production becomes. so eventually they will make a profit on each console sold. the also assume that you aren't just going to buy the system, but you're also going to get an extra controller or 2, some games, other accessories, and maybe some blu-ray dvds. all of which they do make money on. they were losing $250 per console at first, but that amount is recovered pretty quickly with games costing $50 per(and not many people only buy 1 or 2 most get 10-20 at least) and a controller for $50, blu-ray dvd remote for $20, PS3 Eye for $40, etc. as you can see they get that lost money back relatively quickly, plus since the price of the components they use went down as did other manufacturing costs they are pretty close to making a profit per console by now if they aren't yet.

kk ty.

and nintendo will be here next gen as if they were to drop out it would of been this gen

Nintendo always starts work on their next console right after they launch the prior. They aren't a big company like Sony, they can't afford to wait. Remember Nintendo is the only true game company making consoles. The other two pull in more money off DVD players, TVs, and Windows (Operating Systems).

Anyways the new console will probably have some shocking new technology. At GDC 06 they had a helmet that allowed you to play a game mentally. Maybe that will be the new technology? It won't be a focus on graphics, although they will increase them a lot.

Back